lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: New Review
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-06-2002, 09:29 AM   #41
P129

Quote:
Originally posted by TUS_Tomcat
the UK one was a pre beta version...
Maybe so but they made a review on it and that call must have been enough for making it review material.

Btw, a Pre Beta version means that it's Alpha and no sane person would judge the full version after a Alpha version so I highly doubt your facts...

If this text is unreadable because of misspelling and/or other problems contact the forum support team.
P129 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2002, 09:39 AM   #42
risod

According to a member of swedish PCG staff the version tested was finished in the gameplay part. The stuff that kept it from being completely finished was some hires cutscenes and menus.

I have to agree with p129 about the score. Swedish PCG has gotten critic for giving too high scores and its just now that they have decided to lower the scores (or raise their standards).

Also commenting on another issue, the release date question.
Am I the only one who noticed that the release date was written on Gamesdomains chat transcript page. It said, Europe 28 March and US on the 2 April. Seems likely since those are the dates previously discussed, both might be true.
risod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2002, 09:57 AM   #43
P129

That release date stuff is quite strange if you ask me. For the first, LucasArts will distribute the game in North America and Activision will distribute it in Europe and rest of the world. Second, many have stated that the game will come first to European countries and thats really strange...

If this text is unreadable because of misspelling and/or other problems contact the forum support team.
Old 03-06-2002, 10:52 AM   #44
TUS_Tomcat

Fine then dont believe me, but you prove my point, it was rediculous to review that... IMHO

it was a pre beta, Raven developer said it himself

Founder of the PWSL

Pro White Sabercore League

(non racist organisation!)
TUS_Tomcat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2002, 11:02 AM   #45
thrEEpaGe

tomcat, i would have to imagine that they were rating the game as a whole based on the fact that it was a beta. eg 92% for a beta game....

What does Bob Dole think? Bob Dole thinks he's a doofus!

Later Losers!
OUT!
thrEEpaGe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2002, 11:11 AM   #46
TUS_Tomcat

It was silly they said in the UK review that the game could use an extra month of development.. Review came out in february, its now begin march, what, and the game is still in development eh?

Founder of the PWSL

Pro White Sabercore League

(non racist organisation!)
TUS_Tomcat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2002, 12:05 PM   #47
Agen
The Spoon Guy

P120, You cannot doubt the facts.
PC Gamer UK are off their heads. They gave Hitman a badscore, and they could hardly point out any bad bits
Typical. And PCGUK onlyp ointed out friggin stupid thing in jk2 review, and it was pre-beta!!!!(alpha to you Mr. P129)

And the newbie spoon replica gifts today goto Lorewin, Walker of Sky and Raze. They are completely safe and will not do anything to your brain.
Agen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2002, 12:30 PM   #48
ryudom

maybe by x-ray AI he ment the dark jedi oponents. I would make sense, right? A dark jedi should be able to tell where you are. Jerec was blind, he could probably "see" through walls. In JK multiplayer you could use force seeing and the map, right?
or maybe he has no idea what he's talking about I don't know.
Raven said you could steathy right? that would be impossible if stormtroopers always knew where you were.
ryudom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2002, 01:04 PM   #49
Com Raven
Silent Assassin

LFN Staff Member Hot Topic Starter 
Your expectations score-wise are much to high...

Here in germany, a score of >90 % is godlike.....

I always asked myself why every game in USA gets 98 %....

Back from the dead, back from The End
I'm here to take Revenge!
Soon the deathly dusk will fall
and the Night I've waited for
Com Raven is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2002, 01:14 PM   #50
P129

Quote:
Originally posted by Agen_Terminator
P120, You cannot doubt the facts.
PC Gamer UK are off their heads. They gave Hitman a badscore, and they could hardly point out any bad bits
Typical. And PCGUK onlyp ointed out friggin stupid thing in jk2 review, and it was pre-beta!!!!(alpha to you Mr. P129)
Well if PCGUK felt like reviewing a Pre-Beta version of the game they probably had good reasons (being the first out with a "review") and felt that it was good enough to be reviewed. Sure they pointed out stuff that just was in the Pre-Beta but the game got a high score right?

And on that Hitman review not many other gaming magazines gave it such a high score. Don't get me wrong i loved it personally but i can totally understand ppl who didnt like. I can't put the finger on it but it really felt half-done. I can totally understand the reviewer that it wasn't his cup of tea and he couldn't really explain why but when he's working for one of the biggest gaming magazines he should have tried harder to explain why he didn't like it. And that brings us to another point, blaming on the magazine just because of one reviewers oppinions is kind of shortsighted...

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > New Review