lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: A little demo history for ya
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-02-2002, 03:00 PM   #1
TimTheEnchanter

A little demo history for ya

I doubt I will ever play the demo seeing as how chances are quite high that the demo wont be out until after the game. Remember how big a game RTCW was and its single player and multiplayer demo(not test) were released after the game.
I went to gamespot and looked up the release dates of Jedi Knightark Forces 2 and it came out on 9/30/97. However its demo wasnt released until 10/9/97. Other games like Episode 1 racer, Shadow of the Empire, Episode 1:The Phantom Menace, and the Mysteries of the Sith expansion all had demos released after the game hit the stores. So Lucasarts obviously isnt to worried about a demo coming out early to sell games. Actually this may be better cause people who are border line about buying the game wont have to wait 12 hours at file planet to download the demo as all the hardcore fans will already have the full version of the game.

To the north there lies a cave -- the cave of Caerbannorg -- wherein, carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of Olfin Bedweer of Rheged make plain the last resting place of the most Holy Grail.
TimTheEnchanter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2002, 03:21 PM   #2
FOG-Wraith

sorry man, those dates are wrong. That demo date looks fine, but JK def came out mid october, placing it 1-2 weeks after the release of the demo. I remember it quite clearly, i played the demo 24/7 in anticipation of the full game.
FOG-Wraith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2002, 04:08 PM   #3
B0MBER II

Jedi Knight Knight?

AWESOME

Chicago Cubs... #1
B0MBER II is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2002, 04:13 PM   #4
TimTheEnchanter

Quote:
Originally posted by B0MBER II
Jedi Knight Knight?

What does that mean?

To the north there lies a cave -- the cave of Caerbannorg -- wherein, carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of Olfin Bedweer of Rheged make plain the last resting place of the most Holy Grail.
Old 03-02-2002, 04:25 PM   #5
X-Vector

Hmmm, this somewhat undermines an earlier statement of mine about LEC not releasing the JO demo just days before the full game.

Jedi Knight demo release: 2 october 1997
Jedi Knight full version US release: 8 october 1997
Jedi Knight fv UK (and European?) release: 17 october 1997

See here: http://www.jedinights.com/news/october.htm
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2002, 05:13 PM   #6
ps2maddenman

The demo was out definately 2 weeks prior to the JK release, those dates are wrong.

www.ign.com
ps2maddenman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2002, 05:25 PM   #7
Eternity

Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by B0MBER II
Jedi Knight Knight?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does that mean?
WHAT DOES IT MEAN! WHAT THE HELL IS HE TRYING TO TELL US?!??! IS IT SOMETHING ABOUT THE GAME GOING GOLD?!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Insert a witty and thought-provoking quote here, I can't think of any.
Eternity is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2002, 05:41 PM   #8
Belgirion

hey Tim the Enchanter have you played Asherons Call? I'm just wondering because I saw a guy with the same name as you
Belgirion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2002, 09:23 PM   #9
TimTheEnchanter

Quote:
Originally posted by Belgirion
hey Tim the Enchanter have you played Asherons Call? I'm just wondering because I saw a guy with the same name as you
No, the name is from Monty Python and The Holy Grail

Old 03-02-2002, 09:25 PM   #10
TimTheEnchanter

Quote:
Originally posted by ps2maddenman
The demo was out definately 2 weeks prior to the JK release, those dates are wrong.
Well I guess those dates maybe wrong but I do believe its nothing new for Lucas Arts to release a demo after the game is out

Old 03-02-2002, 10:07 PM   #11
GonkH8er

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
The 'Jedi Knight ark forces' was him trying to say Jedi Knight: Dark Force, but he didnt leave a space between the : and the D, so it took it as a

GonkH8er-
Ian@lfnetwork.com
JediKnight.net JediKnightII.net
GonkH8er is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2002, 10:11 PM   #12
Bowen

Quote:
Originally posted by Eternity

WHAT DOES IT MEAN! WHAT THE HELL IS HE TRYING TO TELL US?!??! IS IT SOMETHING ABOUT THE GAME GOING GOLD?!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!
He's trying to say that the chances that LEC won't release a demo until the after the game is on Store shelves.

B O W E N
Bowen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2002, 10:18 PM   #13
OnlyOneCanoli
Paranoid Bandroid

The JK demo definitely came out before the final version. That being said, I still wouldn't be surprised if they didn't release a demo until after the final version. I personally think it would be good marketing (seeing as this game is getting some pretty outstanding reviews so far) to release a demo beforehand so people who are undecided decide.
OnlyOneCanoli is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2002, 12:30 AM   #14
Toa Tahu

I'd download that demo,regardless of it's time,and make sure I'll get it because I'm not even sure whether my father would even give me JO or not.
Thus,even if I have to,I'll play 24/7.

When you slice a person, do you slice him with the fastest stroke, or do you forcefully incapacitate him?
Toa Tahu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2002, 01:13 AM   #15
buzzfunk666

lol!

I love all that guessing even tho we already know facts.

NO demo is currently planned. The game isnt even 'gold' yet.
In the long run, im sure there will be a demo but for right now it wont happen.

Sascha "Buzzfunk" Dikiciyan
www.sonicmayhem.com
www.noizeloops.com
buzzfunk666 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2002, 06:07 PM   #16
SotE_Xizor1

Dood, there ARE plans. They said Mid-February to Early March.

Well, we all know it isn't the February, and Early March usually is the first week of March, so very likely the demo will be out this week. If it isn't, that means LEC sucks, lol. How late do they think Early March is?
SotE_Xizor1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2002, 06:17 PM   #17
digl
Reborn

Quote:
Originally posted by buzzfunk666
NO demo is currently planned.
As you told someone on another thread, "Please get your facts before posting"

A demo IS planned

Quote:
TUS_Tomcat: Will there be a demo, and if so, when can we expect it, and what will be in it (single player level (from the game?), multiplyaer, bots, etc.) ?

Kenn H: We're looking at all of out options for a demo right now. It's going to depend on our production schedule and how our dev team is going to be divided up after JK2 goes gold. We're still looking at everything and we'll make a decision and go from there soon.
http://www.lucasarts.com/products/ou...html/demo.html
That page was not white untill someone posted that URL in this forums

Sure he says "It's going to depend on our production schedule", but as someone else from Raven says it depends of LEC, and LEC wants a demo.

What we dont know is when Its going to be released
If they start working on it the moment the game goes gold, It can be finished and ready for download before the game gets to the stores
digl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2002, 06:22 PM   #18
Silent_Thunder

"Dood, there ARE plans. They said Mid-February to Early March"

It has been conformed several times that NO DEMO is planned... Also, Raven has specificly stated that they DO NOT want a demo to be created, since it will delay the game longer.

There isn't going to be a demo... Atleast not untill after the game is released. And if I'm wrong and there is, then there's no harm done. But constantly spreading misinformation about release dates for the demo and actual game is disappointing to alot of people when it doesn't come true.

Besides, the complete game is just around the corner anyway, so it's just a little wait now...
Silent_Thunder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2002, 06:35 PM   #19
digl
Reborn

Quote:
Originally posted by Changkhan, from Raven
if LucasArts tells us to make one, we will, if they don't, we won't.
LucasArts had the demo.html ready long ago, and they made it a white file after the URL was published here
But Its obvious they want a demo, so if they want it, there is demo

Again, Im not saying there will be a demo tomorrow or anytime before the game, but Im sure there will be one. I personally think It could be released before the game, we'll have to wait and see...
digl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2002, 02:05 AM   #20
sanpilou

DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO

are u guessing what i want??????
sanpilou is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2002, 02:16 AM   #21
ZePhyR

There WILL be a demo, whether it will be released before or after retail is yet to be seen. Personally, I don't want there to be a demo before game. I think it would ruin the actual game.

~ZePh
ZePhyR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2002, 06:34 PM   #22
Dan12R

Well, LEC has released demos before the game came out. Indiana Jones and The Infernal Machine had a demo out before the game came out. I remember. So a demo before the release of the game is possible. Right now, I'm thinking, it's March and the games coming out this month anyways. If a demo comes out, great, if not, oh well, I'll have the game soon.

Dan
Dan12R is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > A little demo history for ya