lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Trailer II Discussion
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-13-2002, 09:14 PM   #41
Justus

Pretty sweet... the movements are so fluid and authentic looking, it's gonna be a blast to play.

Justus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 09:18 PM   #42
Indy4

Quote:
Originally posted by JaledDur

Thats because it was in holocron mode.
what?

SEYA
Indy4 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 09:22 PM   #43
Krayt Tion

Um,

Hold on.

you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 09:26 PM   #44
Indy4

why dont you see the detanator being thrown at of his hand?

SEYA
Old 03-13-2002, 09:26 PM   #45
Reptar

Something cool i noticed, was that in the top right corner in MP it shows your picture, with your kill number.....also when kyle pulls the trooper at the end, after he hits him with the sabre, there is a puff of smoke...cool little effect
Reptar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 09:30 PM   #46
Coligeon

I only thought it was decent. I was hoping for more lightsaber stuff with the reborn. They needed to show a scene longer. I'm still glad something new has come, but I liked the 14 mb one better. Just my opinion.
Coligeon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 09:31 PM   #47
digl
Reborn

Quote:
Originally posted by Indy4
why dont you see the detanator being thrown at of his hand?

SEYA
because of the framerate I think
watch it slowly and you can see some frames of it

now check 0:41 while he has the flag
look at the HUD
what is it?

Co-founder of the ABSL - Anti Batsaber League
digl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 09:31 PM   #48
Lnt. Kechtt

Loved it!!!!!!! And we finaly have a date. It's about time. I was sick of all the scuttlebutt going around. I think that the acrobatics was the coolest part. How do you suppose they're going to have those set up? Hot keys, menus, automaticly?

You watching the hand!? (Thwack!) You should have been watching the foot.

Yub, Yub Everyone!
Lnt. Kechtt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 09:35 PM   #49
Krayt Tion

This is going to be the best video game Jedi experience ever.

Saw some more wall moves and they look great. It doesn't appear they ended up going overboard with that at all. It seems to add a great new fluidity to Kyle's Jedi ways that I had to see more of to appreciate.

Lol @ Colonel Sanders for sniping the Jedi Melee.

It's all too sexay.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 09:43 PM   #50
Necro

Quote:
Originally posted by Lnt. Kechtt
Loved it!!!!!!! And we finaly have a date. It's about time. I was sick of all the scuttlebutt going around. I think that the acrobatics was the coolest part. How do you suppose they're going to have those set up? Hot keys, menus, automaticly?
i THINK to do like lets saw the back flip frmo a wall you'd jump at the wall and right b4 u hit it u press jump and then back... just my idea :|
Necro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 09:46 PM   #51
TrUeFoRcE

OMG!!!! so far it looks better than any other game ive ever seen, the single player is amiazing with all the stuff u can do and all the movements etc... the one thing that put me off a little was the multiplayer though, it seemed a bit Q3ish but i think it will hold up to the jedi criteria that is expected from a star wars game
TrUeFoRcE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 09:48 PM   #52
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Thumbs up

MP Skins:
Kyle Katarn
Jan Ors
Mon Mothma
New Republic Commando
TIE Pilot
Stormtrooper
ROTJ Luke
Gran

MP Saber colors:
Green
Blue
Purple
Yellow
Red

MP powers seen:
Rage/Dark Rage (one or both)
Protection
Lightning
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 09:48 PM   #53
Indy4

and mods are going to make this game last for a long time and make it better!!!!!!!

SEYA
Old 03-13-2002, 09:49 PM   #54
DigitalVapor

I think it could be handled like it was in SBX and SPORK. Or it could be more realisticaly like the cartweel off the wall...while doing a wall walk, press Left + Jump

Im just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions. ....Oh wait, I dont have a lightsaber. Uhhh...I dont really have any questions either. Ya know I think I'm in the wrong cantina too. Oh well, give me a shot of blue milk.
DigitalVapor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 09:49 PM   #55
JEDI OUTCAST

Cool Guy what a good trailer

what a good trailer i bet we all can not wait for it now and sp game and mp game looks cool

JEDI OUTCAST

JEDI OUTCAST is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 09:51 PM   #56
Desslock

Was it me or did anyone else see the batsaber in action during the first scene? *Doh*

Oh well. Doesn't bother me much. I didn't form the ABSL after all

That backstab was super cool.

And I do remember the Raven guys saying you can turn the slow mo off.. so no worries there.

My only real complaint is the speed at which the game runs. IMO its just a bit fast. I'll adept but being used to rather slower games like Q3.. this trailer makes your head spin Oh well. ITs just me.
Desslock is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 09:54 PM   #57
your_mama's_ear

I think force speed will be the key to getting up the wall. You just run really fast then jump on or something of that sort. Sounds more simple then trying to force jump onto the wall sideways or something.. now trying to jump sideways would be a gravity problem since thats hard to do and running up a wall like the matrix sounds better and makes a lot more sense.

"The force is strong with you Skywalker but you are not a jedi yet."
your_mama's_ear is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 09:55 PM   #58
NoodlyGod

Ahhh... good, good stuff. I don't know if it's been covered before, but did anyone else notice that his force pool automatically started filling up after he used the mind trick? And those wall walks/Jumps... I love the fluidity of Kyle's movements and that level 3 force grip? oh yeah.
NoodlyGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 09:56 PM   #59
HBK

Quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoke
Yea HBK, the return of the homing rail from MOTS disturbs me somewhat... but I would only be pissed if they hadn't included the option to push them away. Seeing as how they DID, it's all good.
Do you mean you can use Force Push to block missiles? That would make it more bearable. hehe, that would suck if you used Force Pull by accident.

I also didn't see to much sabre vs. sabre action. It doesn't seem like you can have an actual duel that would last for more than a few seconds. Maybe it is possible, we just didn't see it. A nice 10+ second duel would really fuel my fire. Someday...

I'm a sabre-junkie.

HBK

"When kissed by the sword of Vengeance
Your head lays there by your side"

"Oh people, know that you have commited great sins. If you ask me what proof I have for these words, I say it is because I am the punishment of God. If you had not commited great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you!"
Genghis Khan, 1220
HBK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 09:57 PM   #60
DigitalVapor

But I think the best way to figure out how the moves are done is to wait 15 days, buy the game, read the manual and then practice being a BAD A$$ MOTHER!@#$%& of a Jedi
Old 03-13-2002, 09:59 PM   #61
Siege

Great looking trailer. Like everyone else I really liked the back thrust of the saber into the reborn. Level design looks pretty darn sweet. The speed does seem a bit too much, but that's something I'll have to judge upon playing the game.

All in all, it looks as if JO is going to be a huge hit. Can't wait for the 29th.
Siege is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 10:01 PM   #62
DigitalVapor

Can anyone explain to me what that red lightning effect around some of the people is???

Im just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions. ....Oh wait, I dont have a lightsaber. Uhhh...I dont really have any questions either. Ya know I think I'm in the wrong cantina too. Oh well, give me a shot of blue milk.
Old 03-13-2002, 10:05 PM   #63
HBK

Quote:
Originally posted by your_mama's_ear
I think force speed will be the key to getting up the wall. You just run really fast then jump on or something of that sort. Sounds more simple then trying to force jump onto the wall sideways or something.. now trying to jump sideways would be a gravity problem since thats hard to do and running up a wall like the matrix sounds better and makes a lot more sense.
Maybe all you have to do is press your 'right' key quick, like double clicking your mouse. My 'slide right' key is 'd'. So I would press 'd''d'. That is, if the wall was to my right. 'A' to the left.

I don't know.

HBK

"Oh people, know that you have commited great sins. If you ask me what proof I have for these words, I say it is because I am the punishment of God. If you had not commited great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you!"
Genghis Khan, 1220
Old 03-13-2002, 10:11 PM   #64
Qel

Post Dark Rage!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by DigitalVapor
Can anyone explain to me what that red lightning effect around some of the people is???

ITS CALLED FORCE RAGE(DARK RAGE)!!!

ITS A MULTIPLAYER ONLY POWER!!!

Check it out here....
http://zone.msn.com/jedioutcast/tips/jkjotips2.asp

Qel

I'm no Jedi. I'm just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions.

- Kyle Katarn
Qel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 10:13 PM   #65
HBK

Quote:
Originally posted by DigitalVapor
Someone mentioned a force power, maybe Force Rage? Maybe you get enveloped in the red energy while you are in Force Rage.

You beat me Qel and, woohoo, I was right.

HBK

Genghis Khan, 1220
Old 03-13-2002, 10:18 PM   #66
Ulic Quel Droma

To know the light, You must see the dark.
Ulic Quel Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 10:20 PM   #67
JaledDur

Quote:
Originally posted by HBK

I also didn't see to much sabre vs. sabre action. It doesn't seem like you can have an actual duel that would last for more than a few seconds.
If you have evenly matched opponents I think it could last a very long time.
JaledDur is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 10:24 PM   #68
ChangKhan[RAVEN]
Raven Software

some clarifications

There is an orange saber.

All the acrobatics and saber moves were done with my basic 6 key setup (forward, backward, strafe left, strafe right, crouch and jump) and my mouse (only needed first button for primary attack).

I did the backstab because I knew the jedi was behind me (I knew he was following me - a part of the video you didn't see). It's not hard to do.

Saber duels can last some time - you only saw bits of them (of course, the length and pacing of the saber duels depends greatly on how you approach a saber duel and how you use the moves and powers available to you).

That was level 3 force grip.

You can force-push away missiles, even the tracking rockets.

I don't recall seeing force speed being used in the trailer.

The gameplay in the trailer did seem faster than I remember the game being when I was recording it, but I think, like racecar drivers (and jedi), your perception quickens and everything slows down around you when you're in the thick of it.

Michael Chang Gummelt
Game Programmer
Jedi Academy
Raven Software
ChangKhan[RAVEN] is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 10:28 PM   #69
Rat Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurgan
MP Skins:
Kyle Katarn
Jan Ors
Mon Mothma
New Republic Commando
TIE Pilot
Stormtrooper
ROTJ Luke
Gran

MP Saber colors:
Green
Blue
Purple
Yellow
Red

MP powers seen:
Rage/Dark Rage (one or both)
Protection
Lightning
Hold the phone! Is that all the multiplayer skins? I sincerely hope not.
Rat Boy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 10:29 PM   #70
nequadah

2002 IS SABER YEAR.

Never underestimate the power of......stupid people in large numbers.
nequadah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 10:30 PM   #71
Syko

Hey cool, a Raven guy replied heh. Anyway...I was looking at the trailer again and i noticed that the force mana pool replenishes MUCH slower in multiplayer, maybe 1/2 the speed of the single player, but in single player it replenishes rather quickly, which is nice.

Force jump uses like 1.5 mana blocks, saber throw seems to use about 2 to 3. Lightning eats mana for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and then it comes back for dessert 3 times (watch that blue bar DROP, baby!)

-Syko
Syko is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 10:30 PM   #72
Bowen

Quote:
Originally posted by SilentDark
I luv raven
I loved Raven since Heretic II!!!!

B O W E N
Bowen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 10:37 PM   #73
HBK

Thanks for the 'official' RAVEN reply ChangKhan.

That is cool that you can do everything with the basic set up(6-keys! good job!). I was worried about that.

And I am more relieved(sp?) about the dueling. I am SOOOO looking forward to it.

HBK

Genghis Khan, 1220
Old 03-13-2002, 10:38 PM   #74
Syko

Hey ChangKhan[RAVEN], if you're still around, would you mind explaining how the force power controls work? in JK, i'd either cycle through all the powers with brackets, which got annoying (you only have so many hands...), or i'd bind all of them to Numpad keys, which also got annoying (again, 2 hands).

How does it work in JO? Same type of thing? Maybe i'll bind my mouse wheel for it this time, if it is :|

-Syko
Old 03-13-2002, 10:44 PM   #75
Coligeon

Well, I would sure hope the lightsaber stuff would last long. JO is supposed to represent the movie oriented lightsaber stuff and those last a long time. That added to the fun/suspense. I would be very dissappointed if this is not the case. This is the area I am most excited about.
Old 03-13-2002, 10:46 PM   #76
Fitz

HBK: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/house...rningtoya.html

Fitz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 10:52 PM   #77
Coligeon

Can someone please quickly tell me how to cancell my order at Lucasarts? I want to order from Eb since they have faster shipping and a lowered price. I can't figure out where to go to cancell? Please reply quickly, thanks.
Old 03-13-2002, 10:58 PM   #78
HBK

Quote:
Originally posted by Fitz
HBK: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/house...rningtoya.html

Fitz, YOU OWN. Thanks

HBK

Genghis Khan, 1220
Old 03-13-2002, 10:59 PM   #79
Syko

You have to call them, I think. If you go to Purchase, then Standard Version, then the link after "Did you already order Standard and want Collectors?". It pops up a window with a toll-free number that you need to call before 6PM PST (9PM EST). Here's the text out of that window:

To change your order, call us toll-free at 1-888-532-4263, Mon-Fri 7am-6pm PST, and ask for item #01-99970.

Don't ask for that item cuz then they'll ship you Collector's Just tell them that you'd like to cancel your order, and you should probly have your order number handy. Forgot your order details? Go to this site:

http://www.lucasarts.com/companystore/orderstatus.htm

and enter in your name and pw and it'll give you your order stuff. you can't cancel it there thought. i HOPE you can call and cancel...

Personally, i think i'll go to the store to buy it. It'll probly be faster, AND i get the fun of going to a store and picking it up instead of waiting by my door

-Syko
Old 03-13-2002, 10:59 PM   #80
nu||ifier

Looks awesome... multiplayer looks awesome... single player looks awesome... Graphics look awesome... Sound sounds awesome...Starwars is awesome.

Awesome.

nu||ifier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Trailer II Discussion