lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Trailer II Discussion
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-13-2002, 11:04 PM   #81
Necro

wewt! a ravenee posted DD

i've watched the video atleast 25 times by now!!!!!

can u control where u hit for example at their head, legs,etc. or will it be basically you pressing the hit button and it randomly hits? if so how would u block?
Necro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 11:05 PM   #82
WinterJedi

First off, I loved the trailer, but I have one big concern; The lightsabre battles. There were practicly none. What if it goes too fast to be able to have a good lightsabre battle? What if it's only going to be slashes in the air?

"I would weep, but my tears have been stolen; I would shout, but my voice has been taken. Thus, I write."
WinterJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 11:06 PM   #83
Coligeon

Thanks a lot. I think I will go order form Eb now and then cancel with Lucasarts tomorrow. Think that'd be better?
Coligeon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 11:06 PM   #84
Syko

Yes.

For a second there, i thought you were going to say "Sound looks awesome". heh. I'm dumb.

-Syko
Syko is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 11:07 PM   #85
DeathBoLT

my thoughts:

1. scene with the bowcastor.. i hope hes not using force speed.. it looks incredibly slow. at least low level force speed.. the reason i think it might be force speed is because you see green dots along the floor briefly).. however I hope changkhan is correct when he says force speed is not shown.

2. jan fighting in mp.. those shield hits look very EFish i'd rather just see small flashes of light where it hits them)

3. tds look easier to use :P

4. missile launcher looks very accurate in secondary mode.. i hope its easier to dodge than the trailer would lead us to believe OR i hope its difficult to achieve a lock if its difficult to avoid. especially in nf where force push isn't avaliable.

5. grip 3rd level seems to allow you to really move them around.. i hope the grip victim is letting himself be choked..

6. red stuff swirling around jan.. force rage in action??

7. force lighting looks fairly powerful..

overall, the game looks pretty good..

#nar
irc.enterthegame
#nar.. THE channel for Jedi Knight 2 players
DeathBoLT is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 11:08 PM   #86
Syko

That might be a good idea. I still think going to a store will give you a better chance of getting the game THE DAY it comes out, as long as you have a reliable store. I like EBX. Maybe they'll let me put a down payment of $5 or something on it....hm

-Syko
Old 03-13-2002, 11:13 PM   #87
Necro

i'm wondering how u block like force grip? force push perhaps?
Necro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 11:15 PM   #88
DeathBoLT

force push and pull(i think)

#nar
irc.enterthegame
#nar.. THE channel for Jedi Knight 2 players
DeathBoLT is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 11:16 PM   #89
Syko

Yeah maybe...that would sound right, and i think i saw that somewhere.

I'm still wondering how you target these force powers. is it just whatever is in your crosshair? JK had those cool circles around the target, but this seems to be whatever is directly under or around your crosshair (like JK, but without the circles and the delay in having to hold the button to select a target).

-Syko
Old 03-13-2002, 11:32 PM   #90
MuRaSaMuNe

My impressions...
HOLY @#%$^@#@#
MuRaSaMuNe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 11:36 PM   #91
Swoosh
reporting for duty

LFN Staff Member 
I think the increase in speed we saw was because of the speed of the editing of the trailer. Putting short shots together makes you think everything is moving quicker, when in actuality, it's not. Everything looks AWESOME. Only a few more weeks! YAY

Swoosh

mtnLab
LFNetwork Graphic Designer
Swoosh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 11:37 PM   #92
TheBlueFlamingo

Good stuff, i really liked how they added the "Official in store date", that proves they listen to us and read the board! All that bickering was for nothing! I dont have any complaints, except om goin on spring break to flordia the 30th so i wont be home to play :sad:

Also i dont see why people are saying what they dont like or what they think should be improved, its that way because they made it that way, live with it, beggars can t be choosers, or how ever that goes, dont complain if you havent played it yet. If you dont like it, buy it anyway. To me it looks great.

Heh Heh! im gona go use my time machine and play MP.

TheBlueFlamingo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 11:51 PM   #93
SirDogmeat

/me weeps in joy.

gg mar 29
SirDogmeat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2002, 11:57 PM   #94
dansolo

Wow, that was pretty sweet-- Jan Ors is a babe!
dansolo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 12:01 AM   #95
HBK

Spring Break in Florida. Are you going to Panama City? Already 1 fatality from the Spring Breakers. Some kid was talking to a couple of girls and fell down a stairwell. They say alcohol may have been involved. Hmmmmm, I wonder.

Back to the trailer. The flags (in the CTF scene) look big. I hope you can use first person view because it will block your 3rd person view. Or is this just a stupid, of course you can use 1st person view?

Is there any way to find out the config of the computer they used? ChangKhan[RAVEN], are you on? could you hook us up?

HBK

"When kissed by the sword of Vengeance
Your head lays there by your side"

"Oh people, know that you have commited great sins. If you ask me what proof I have for these words, I say it is because I am the punishment of God. If you had not commited great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you!"
Genghis Khan, 1220
HBK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 12:05 AM   #96
Darth Lunatic

Opinion:Awesome

Everything looks perfect. Exactly how I imagined it to be. No more, no less.

----Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed----
Darth Lunatic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 12:16 AM   #97
TUS_Tomcat

It was sweet!

One thing i really liked was him pulling the stormie from the other side of the room to right infront of him and slashing him!

Great stuff and how i envision using sabers and force together you know!

Founder of the PWSL

Pro White Sabercore League

(non racist organisation!)
TUS_Tomcat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 12:24 AM   #98
Dark Cloak

Three in a Row

You know...that was...that was just cool. One of the things I loved....althoug..I know this just CAN'T be what it looked like to me..it can't be...if it was, it was hilarious. Okay: When Kyle was using the mind trick on the three Imperial officers..it looked like he had his arms folded and was craned back a bit, being contemplative before he used it each time. It looked, to me, like, "Hmm...okay, if I do this him to and him next...oh, definately got to be stealthy here...okay, last one...aaaaaand...teehee!! RUN!" *runs and dumps the three mines...runs away, turns around, cackles manically...BOOM!!!* They Imps die. Am I the only one that saw that there? If so, just leave me be and let me think what I want, because what I saw was just funny.
Dark Cloak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 12:27 AM   #99
Lucky

Did you guys catch force seeing? its in that shot with the homing missle. You can see the lil icon looks like a head with 2 lines comin off it.

Turned the guys the player was watching yellowish/greenish. I was hoping you'd be able to see thru walls with that, but who knows.

Lucky

Crackas, always wastin my flava
Lucky is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 12:29 AM   #100
BuRn

you saw the time counting down above the force meter didnt you? im guessing it tells you how long the persuasion lasts
BuRn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 12:30 AM   #101
HBK

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky
Did you guys catch force seeing? its in that shot with the homing missle. You can see the lil icon looks like a head with 2 lines comin off it.

Turned the guys the player was watching yellowish/greenish. I was hoping you'd be able to see thru walls with that, but who knows.
Check out this link, scroll down to 'seeing'. I think you'll be pleased.

http://zone.msn.com/jedioutcast/tips/jkjotips2.asp

HBK

"When kissed by the sword of Vengeance
Your head lays there by your side"

"Oh people, know that you have commited great sins. If you ask me what proof I have for these words, I say it is because I am the punishment of God. If you had not commited great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you!"
Genghis Khan, 1220
HBK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 12:34 AM   #102
patchx

Location: fiery depths of hell sticking my pitch fork thru the guy who voiced jar jar's head
that was so unbelievably cool
it looks to have all the original and incredibly fun gameplay of the original plus added bits to make it even better.
saber play looked awesome
this is gonna rock the house !!!

i wish they showed more of the darkjedi fight bit at the end though

-patch
patchx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 12:36 AM   #103
rolsen

Quote:
Originally posted by nu||ifier
Looks awesome... multiplayer looks awesome... single player looks awesome... Graphics look awesome... Sound sounds awesome...Starwars is awesome.

Awesome.
Truer words were never spoken.

Rolsen
rolsen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 12:39 AM   #104
grimshu

Smile

wow, the fact that you can use the dark force power "grip" to use people as shields and smash them into walls is just about the coolest thing i have ever heard.
grimshu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 12:40 AM   #105
GonkH8er

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
[borat voice]

itsa verry niiyyyce

[/borat voice]

Top work guys. Thanks for clearing those up Chang. You're a legend. Stop by more often

GonkH8er-
Ian@lfnetwork.com
JediKnight.net JediKnightII.net
GonkH8er is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 12:44 AM   #106
Shifty_Parrot

AWESOME!

WOW! what an awesome trailer!! i loved everything about that, especially the force grip I have one question to ask ChangKhan though, seeing as he played the game: what kind a system were you using during that demo/trailer thing? cause i saw some excellent performance.
Shifty_Parrot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 12:45 AM   #107
Obi

I thought the trailer looked absolutely great. Even though I'm a light sider, I thought Dark Rage looked awesome. The multiplay of this game will be absolutely great. The cartwheel off the wall, the backward stab move and I even like the female voice. This game is going to rock.

I have only one complaint. Call me sick, but I was really hoping to see some dismemberment in the game. I'm not a huge violence freak actually, so I don't mind that there's no blood, it wouldn't seem right anyway. But I personally think it would be realistic, acceptable and just downright cool to be able to cleave arms, legs and heads and watch them fly all over. I didn't see it in any of the SP footage or the MP footage. SP alone would be fine, but since I'm going to be playing MP most, that is where I had really hoped to see it. But I didn't see it at all. I just thought I recalled Mr.Gummelt mentioning that dismemberment was not removed. But I didn't see even a hint of it in the trailer.

Everything looks top notch. I'm particularly impressed with Mr. Gummelt's work on the controls. It appears to be fairly simple to do amazing moves and attacks. I'm guessing strafe-running into a wall will initiate a wall walk, and then jumping off of it will cause Kyle to bust his cool cartwheel move.

I don't have any qualms about the action pace. If you think about it, watching a video of several scenes of Jedi Knight gameplay would also be a little disorienting when you aren't at the controls. The same thing as car sickness.

Looks like the levels are excellently well done, with spacious areas as well as smaller areas. They are probably holding off some of the real splendor for us to discover when we play it. I don't think we've seen this game at its best yet. I'm fairly certain we saw Nar Shaddaa and the Garden Ruins level as well as the Death Star level(or star destroyer) definitely an imperial something.

It looks like we've got a good assortment of lightsaber colors and a satisfactory diversity of skins. That won't be certain till we see for ourselves though. All-in-all, I'm pumped to recieve my game on or before the 29th(if after, someone will die.) This looks like it will meet the high expectations placed before it, and may even exceed it.(I've always wanted to hear the pronounciation of "ysalamari" and that was really a nice thing to see in the trailer.)
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 12:46 AM   #108
Hito-Kage

I have a feeling that Multiplayer saber fights are going to be a spiced up version of Rune.

No real skill involved just hacking and slashing.

Also, I didn't see any severs in this trailer. I would at least thought that the storm trooper that Kyle pulled to him then cut down would have lost an arm or something.

Look upon your soldiers as you do infants, and they willingly go into deep valleys with you; look upon your soldiers as beloved children, and they willingly die with you. -Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
Hito-Kage is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 12:51 AM   #109
Bowen

Quote:
Originally posted by TrUeFoRcE
OMG!!!! so far it looks better than any other game ive ever seen, the single player is amiazing with all the stuff u can do and all the movements etc... the one thing that put me off a little was the multiplayer though, it seemed a bit Q3ish but i think it will hold up to the jedi criteria that is expected from a star wars game

The only worry I have with JKII is that I hope it's not so choppy as Q3. I'm not talking about Q3 being slow on my computer...I've got a fast computer but it's too quick. I don't want things to be too slow either but a happy medium; a little faster than in Medal of Honor. Oh I like the Force Speed etc…but I'm talking about when you’re normally moving around in MP especially. Raven has said (specifically Ken Hoekstra) to me that he thought I'd be happy with the movement of JKO!

B O W E N
Bowen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 12:59 AM   #110
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
That game looks absolutely SWEET. *drools*

Redwing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 01:17 AM   #111
Ham Yoyo

WOW! what an awesome trailer!! I can't wait for March 29th. And my weeks vacation starts March 31st.

My dream, to watch Imperial ships explode in my gunsights.
Ham Yoyo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 01:21 AM   #112
TUS_Tomcat

Quote:
Originally posted by GonkH8er
[borat voice]

itsa verry niiyyyce

[/borat voice]

Borat is hilarious!

*cricket stuff*

[borat voice]

Then, why did you say iet?

[/borat voice]

Founder of the PWSL

Pro White Sabercore League

(non racist organisation!)
TUS_Tomcat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 01:40 AM   #113
Frosty_V2.1

Late as usual, well anyway I think u guys have about covered it, gotta love Force Grip L3!!!
Do u guys really think it's too fast? It looks a tad faster than JK from my perspective.
Frosty_V2.1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 01:41 AM   #114
buzzfunk666

Hito,

I think you are expecting a bit too much. Control wise i guess, theres only so much you can do. But there are a couple of cool moves incl. the famous block. I doubt it will be as simple as in Rune but i also dont think it will be the complete 2nd coming in lightsaber combat.

Still, game looks like fun. Raven rocks. And we need a good sw game, right?

Sascha "Buzzfunk" Dikiciyan
www.sonicmayhem.com
www.noizeloops.com
buzzfunk666 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 01:56 AM   #115
Coligeon

What about the lightsaber relating to the movies? Do they still have it this way where they are drawn out? Wasn't that their original idea to impose for the game? Not the JK mp way I hope? Thanks.
Coligeon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 02:00 AM   #116
Silent_Thunder

Wow, that was quite amazing. I'm not as sure about the MP, but the SP looks like it's going to be really, really good...

However... The game looks just a wee bit faster then I hoped... Maybe it will feel different when I'm actually playing it though...

Secondly, am I the only one that thought the Stormtrooper sounds sounded frighteningly similar to tusken noises from JK? I mean... Stormtroopers just don't sound like that when they die I thought. The Reborn death noises were good though.

Also, when Kyle "fires" a thermal det., why doesn't Kyle actually throw it instead of it just flying out from underneath his hand somewhere? I really hope we get to see the throwing animation... it makes the detonators look alot more like thrown weapons, instead of a blaster.

Force Rage looked cool, but I still think it will be very unbalancing... It looks even more powerful then I thought... a lightsaber whirlwind... you move faster, hit harder, and you can't die. I think this power may end up being either uber, or end up where, as soon as someone sees someone put the power on, they run away untill it wears off.. Either way, I honeslty don't like it too much. If only Force Rage would've stuck with the original idea people had about it.. Which was... greater offense at the cost of defense... but now it's great defense and offense, at the cost of a weak period afterwards. Also, I noticed that Force Rage only uses about one-fifth of the user's mana pool, so it looks like poeple will still be able to use force powers while it's on.

All of the acrobatics looked very nice, and fluid. Also, it seems like it will be fairly easy to do aswell.

All of the multiplayer skins looked very nice. I especially like the Gran and Jan skins. But the Stormtrooper also looks great (espially with that blue lightsaber ).

Another thing I noticed was that all of the power-ups in the first multiplayer game was a blue holo-gram-like picture of the item, instead of a physical object (I'm not just talking about the jedi holograms either, I'm talking about thermal dets o nthe ground ect..). But at the same time, the last multiplayer battle shows a Golan Arms on the ground, exept it's solid this time. Maybe it's an option you can turn on and off?

It looks like there will be a nice mixture of large open areas, and tight coridors... Nice looking levels too...

Did anyone notice the little icon to the right of the health/shields HUD? It seems to show which force power is in use.

Force Lightening looks pretty cool, and powerful, but I was hoping for something alittle less flashy... Like maybe just 2 or 3 arcs of lightening instead of 320933224 coming from Kyle's hand to his victom.. I wish it looked more like RotJ... But oh, it looks cool anyway .

Who do you all suppose is the guy at the end of the trailer? Could it be the final boss? Or maybe a mini-boss? He sounds an awful lot like Jerec.. both in voice, and what he said. Why does he say "I sense you, jed" If he is able to plainly see you as you walk in? My guess is because he can't... like Jerec (no eyes.) So he's forced to sense you with the force...

Over all I thought the trailer was awesome, but I really hope the game isn't this flashy once I start playing, I hope they just showed off the really cool effects for the trailer, but still have a few slower and less flashy "things" in the actual game.
Silent_Thunder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 02:01 AM   #117
AOJ_Rendar

Oh my.

I... want... this... game...

"Clarity of thought before rashness of action" - Shockwave.

[AOJ] Rendar
Alliance Of The Jedi
AOJ_Rendar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 02:12 AM   #118
Hoowl

Cool Guy

Well what can I say that hasn't already been mentioned here? The back-stab was cool, the wall running was fantastic and the pursuation...

I also noticed that the lighting effects look fantastic which is great as there is so much coloured lighting used in the game. This could be a game that is worthy of a good graphics card.
Hoowl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 02:18 AM   #119
Obi

I'm not completely sure, but it looks like normal items take on a blue aura when force sight is in use. There is only one scene with hologram items where no force power is in use and I think that it might actually be a hologram item on the ground(like a jedi holocron or something), in which case that theory would still be sound.

I think you'll be so weak after Rage(if you use it for an extended period), that it will balance out. It's only at it's highest level that the user can't die. And at that level, the best strategy would definitely be to avoid them until it runs out. It's hard to avoid someone who's 33% faster than you are though.

And regarding your concerns about force lightning, Wolf. There are, of course, 3 levels of the power. At lower levels there are probably fewer bolts. Even so, it still looks really cool.

The guy at the end of the trailer could have been a mini-boss or could have been just a normal reborn. It might be what they say when they see you. I doubt they'd show the final boss in the trailer, and I doubt even more that that was Jerec. I think I know where the final battle will take place, but I don't want to spoil it if I'm right, so I'll keep quiet, because it would be perfect. I don't think it will be Bespin though, I think it'll be somewhere Kyle has visited before.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 02:38 AM   #120
L3onheart

OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG !!!!!!

THE TRAILER IS AMAZING!!! THIS WILL BE THE BEST GAME IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!!!!!! AND TO THINK THAT I WAS HYPED LAST SUMMER TO GET MAX PAYNE, MAN THIS IS EVEN BETTER!!!!
I AM SO EXCITED!!!! W00T W00T W00T W00T !!!!!!!!

ok... calm down... deep breaths.... ah that's better...

LEMME WATCH THE TRAILER JUST ONE MORE TIME MOMMY C'MON JUST ONE MORE TIME! I PROMISE I WON'T STRANGLE THE CAT! NO MOMMY DON'T TURN OFF THE POWER SWITCH NO NO DON........ *bleep*
L3onheart is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Trailer II Discussion