lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Trailer II Discussion
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-14-2002, 03:42 PM   #161
Indy4

they should of

SEYA
Indy4 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 03:51 PM   #162
DeathBoLT

Re: Force power keys

Quote:
Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]
Force jump is the same key as the jump key, very easy to use.

Force powers can be bound to individual keys and/or you can bind 2 keys to scroll through them and 1 key to use the selected force power. I, personally, bind the most common (push and pull) ones to keys close to my movement keys, the ones I use a little less (lightning, grip) are still fairly close and the ones I only have to use in certain circumstances (heal, mind trick, speed) are still within finger-reach... (my config is the arrow keys for movement, rshift for crouch, rctrl for jump and numpad for force powers)...
which powers are activated by a movement, etc. action button + use force power button? powers assigned seperate hotkeys?

#nar
irc.enterthegame
#nar.. THE channel for Jedi Knight 2 players
DeathBoLT is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 03:54 PM   #163
Harbinger

Getting off topic but I couldn't resist...

Speaking of Indy Jones, why can't LucasArts make more adventure games? Infernal Machine was such a stinker while Fate of Atlantis (what, now over 10 yrs old?) is still such an awesome game.

Speaking of stinkers, IMO, many of their SW games aren't very great (especially one's released the past two years -- Pod racer, bombad racing, episode i adventure game [more like a 3rd person action wannabe tomb raider]).

Jedi Outcast and Star Wars Galaxies are the exception.

Anyone else here remember the good ole days. Sam & Max, Day of the Tentacle, Fate, Full Throttle, the Dig, Tie Fighter!

I'm a big LA fan, still am, it's just I hope they get going in the right direction again -- JO and SWG seems to support that.

Dangit, no tentacle faces.... err, i guess they really don't have faces?
Harbinger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 03:59 PM   #164
OnlyOneCanoli
Paranoid Bandroid

Wow, I'm glad there's so many and opinions and so much input in this thread. It seems that everybody thought the trailer was great and is looking foward to the game. And of course, huge thanks to the Raven folks for taking the time to read the thread and answer some of our questions.
OnlyOneCanoli is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 04:14 PM   #165
OmegaRad

Prolly been said b4 but.. Running up the wall? MAGNUFIQUE!

Word to your mother... you just got owned.
OmegaRad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 04:25 PM   #166
Obi

I'm still wondering about the dismemberment myself. I thought it was confirmed to be in the game, but didn't see it at all in any of the trailers.

Thanks, Raven, for taking the time to quench our concerns even now that development is over.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 04:30 PM   #167
digl
Reborn

look carefully at the pulled and slashed trooper near the end...

Co-founder of the ABSL - Anti Batsaber League
digl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 04:47 PM   #168
ReAcToR

00:41 - "The red team has stolen the ysalimari."

This indicates that what we saw wasn't Capture the Flag (CTF), it was Capture the Ysalimari (CTY). This is evident in the way that the person carrying the flag was glowing (similar to how they glowed in Mysteries of the Sith). What I can't figure out is why the person who has captured the ysalimari, is holding a flag. We know that both CTF and CTY exist in the game, because of this exerpt from the Gamespot UK Preview:

In addition to the typical CTF, team deathmatch, and deathmatch modes, the game will have some unique twists on existing multiplayer conventions, such as Jedi duel wherein two players spar while a crowd looks on, capture the ysalimari - a mode that cancels out the force powers of anyone carrying the slimy critter, and a mode called Jedi master wherein a single lightsaber will give its owner the ability to use all available force powers but, in turn, will also mark that player as the target of all the other contestants on that map.

It seems that we have yet to see CTF, although the flag we saw may indeed be the same as the flag that will be used in CTF.

00:24-00:26 - "Ugaaaaaah!"

Kyle pushes the Stormtrooper over the ledge and there's a loud screem for some time as he falls. This is wonderful and will be a blast in MP. This brings back great memories from pushing people off of Gantry in MotS.

00:46-00:45

We get to see the Thermal Detonators in action and they look very nice. So do their explosions. I'm wondering if they will roll like they did with secondary fire in Jedi Knight. This came in very handy in CTF, to knock out mines and to use as a distraction.

00:56-01:03

We get to see mines in action. I would personally like to thank Raven for throwing mines into the game. They were an asset to JK CTF and I'm sure they will be for JK2 CTF/CTY as well.

Originally posted by WinterJedi.

The lightsabre battles. There were practicly none.

Personally, I felt that there was just enough lightsaber action in the video, if not too much. There are too many other things in JK2 to focus on the lightsaber. We may not get to see any 1v1 dueling, and that may be what the majority of the community is looking for, but I think it was a good idea to not show the lightsaber too much. Just think about those of us who are more interested in guns. Look at how little we get to see each gun in action. In my opinion, each weapon is just as important as the others.

Originally posted by HBK.

The flags (in the CTF scene) look big. I hope you can use first person view because it will block your 3rd person view. Or is this just a stupid, of course you can use 1st person view?

As I've said above, I don't think that was CTF, although I could possibly be wrong. It just doesn't seem consistant because of what the voice says at 00:41. The flag blocked your view with certain angles in JK CTF as well. It was aggrevating at times, but we learned to adjust (of course it was much smaller). We already know that you can play in both 1st and 3rd, so there's nothing to worry about there.

Originally posted by Hito-Kage.

I have a feeling that Multiplayer saber fights are going to be a spiced up version of Rune. No real skill involved just hacking and slashing.

There is a certain amount of skill involved with any game. I suppose I'm just one of those people that don't believe in luck. Rune may not have been my perfect idea of a game, but it did take alot of skill. I've never played a game that didn't require skill. This is easy to see when you go up against top players in any game.

Originally posted by Bowen.

The only worry I have with JKII is that I hope it's not so choppy as Q3. I'm not talking about Q3 being slow on my computer...I've got a fast computer but it's too quick.

If you think Q3 is quick, try playing JK. New games like Q3 and UT make me feel like a turtle/snail after playing JK. It's about time for you new-schoolers to learn some fast-paced, hardcore gaming.

Overall, I was quite impressed with the trailor. It's by far the most revealing of the ones released so far. Maybe ChangKhan, or another Raven/LEC employee can clear up a few things about what I said above about it being CTY and not CTF. I just can't wait to get ahold of the CFG files and start working on my item-timers and CTF commands/binds. Will be nice to start throwing out some CTF maps as well.
ReAcToR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 04:55 PM   #169
ChangKhan[RAVEN]
Raven Software

Quote:
Originally posted by Harbinger
Getting off topic but I couldn't resist...
Anyone else here remember the good ole days. Sam & Max, Day of the Tentacle, Fate, Full Throttle, the Dig, Tie Fighter!
I LOVED Maniac Mansion and Day of the Tentacle! I even liked Zack MacKracken... Sam & Max was cool, and I loved X-Wing. Also, I thought Outlaws was a good game, too. But my favorite LucasArts game of all time (hard choice) is probably "Battle of Britain: Their Finest Hour" - IMO, the best WWII dogfight sim ever...

Michael Chang Gummelt
Game Programmer
Jedi Academy
Raven Software
ChangKhan[RAVEN] is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 04:56 PM   #170
Squalliss

The Dig is a piece of art. Excellent game. My favorite LEC game.

"The Dark Side? I've been there, do your worst!" - Kyle Katarn
Squalliss is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 04:57 PM   #171
Indy4

will there be a demo?
and
when is it going gold?

has lucasarts asked you to do any other projects?

SEYA
Indy4 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 04:59 PM   #172
JR2000Z
Ass-hole Extaordinaire

Quote:
Originally posted by Belgirion
yes I have no school on good friday! Gotta love catholic schools
I used to go to Catholic Schools. If I was still there I would gotten, the 31st and the rest of that week left-plenty of time for the game to be shipped and play around.

Unfortunatly I graduated from that school and now I have the 25th to 31st off. And to make matters wose-I'm grounded. So theres barely anytime for me to play the game.

Truth be told, I hated my Catholic School.
JR2000Z is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 05:02 PM   #173
L3onheart

DOTT and Monkey Island ruled. Sam 'n' Max too. Man those were the LEC golden days!
L3onheart is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 05:05 PM   #174
Rat Boy

More questions, ChangKhan (I think I know where you got your handle from), how many skins are there in multiplayer? Are there selectable lightsaber handles? Does each blade make a different noise when ignited?
Rat Boy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 05:27 PM   #175
Agen
The Spoon Guy

Excellent and very pleased better than the last 2 andi reinstaleld jk there to compare voices........ they sound very near.... trailer voice sounds older but that sounds aobut right (5 years) but i some how fail to believe this is jerec, jsut a guy with jerec's voice.
Agen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 05:39 PM   #176
Silent_One

I don't know about you guys, but I feel that the trailer was perfect in every way except length. I was hoping it would have been 'bout a minute longer.

I am the Silent One!
Beware of my silence!
Silent_One is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 05:39 PM   #177
digl
Reborn

Quote:
Originally posted by Rat Boy
More questions, ChangKhan (I think I know where you got your handle from), how many skins are there in multiplayer? Are there selectable lightsaber handles? Does each blade make a different noise when ignited?
no selectable handles
and different noises?? why would that happen?

Old 03-14-2002, 05:43 PM   #178
TheDarkSide

Cool Guy old school LEC

how can you leave out the timeless "Maniac Mansion", the grandpappy of Day of the Tentacle. I can still see the open sequence title scrolling across with the catchy music. haha
TheDarkSide is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 05:45 PM   #179
Ulfur

Holy $%)*^%$ !!! in other words: OMFG !!! or *insert stupid exclamation here*

I haven't been waiting for this game long, I loved JK 1 and played it to death. I've looked at the trailer(s) and they are virtually screaming: BUY ME !!!

That action looks mouthwatering, fluid rapid motion, fireworks extravaganza, and really nicely done force powers. A lot more visually satisfying and appear to be more satisfying to use than in the prequel. Graphics don't make a game (JK 1 is good proof of that) but the gameplay looks like it'll be very entertaining indeed.

-Yo, Duke I'm your pa !!
-Aww, crap !!!
Ulfur is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 06:38 PM   #180
ryudom

oh man.
ryudom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 07:06 PM   #181
Fitz

Hehe ChangKhan, thanks for taking the time out for answering questions and responding.

If you're still looking, is there both CTF and CTY (like mentioned above) or is there just CTY?

Looking forward to playing, great work so far
Fitz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 07:30 PM   #182
BuRn

if anybody on Raven can answer my one question it would help alot.

Is dismembering a random occurance or is it something you can do if are trying to do it(aiming for an arm or specific part) and was dismembering turned off in the trailer?
BuRn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 07:37 PM   #183
Obi

Smoke and flame obviously come out of that trooper's shoulder, Digl, but I don't see that arm disconnect at all from the trooper's body.
Old 03-14-2002, 07:56 PM   #184
digl
Reborn

you are right Reactor, and that's not only a flag, it has an Ysalamiri on top

Fitz there are both, check the JO help at the Zone
Obi:

Old 03-14-2002, 07:57 PM   #185
Harbinger

Quote:
I LOVED Maniac Mansion and Day of the Tentacle! I even liked Zack MacKracken... Sam & Max was cool, and I loved X-Wing. Also, I thought Outlaws was a good game, too. But my favorite LucasArts game of all time (hard choice) is probably "Battle of Britain: Their Finest Hour" - IMO, the best WWII dogfight sim ever...
Muaha. MM1 was so frustrating for me I had to snail mail LucasArts for a walkthrough. That was back in the day. Remember how insanely stressing it was to use objects in the dark -- the pitch black dark? Hah.

Sam and Max was great. The animated series wasn't even half as good as the game. The voices were even better in the game. I heard there was a sequel in the works... however LucasArts isn't making it. Can't recall who exactly has the rights to a Sam and Max sequel right now...

I always wanted to buy that LucasArts Classics Archive set -- included both Zack McKracken and Battle of Britain... just never got around to it. I wasn't too fond of Outlaws but all of LA's spaceflight-sims were great.

I think things started heading downhill after Afterlife... hehe, anyone remember that game? I still haven't figured out how quite to play it.

Good to see we have an old-school LucasArts enthusiast on the Raven team... maybe we can expect to see Darth Max or something.

Quote:
DOTT and Monkey Island ruled. Sam 'n' Max too. Man those were the LEC golden days!
Golden days indeed.

Quote:
The Dig is a piece of art. Excellent game. My favorite LEC game.
Yeah, I think it was based on a story idea by Steven Spielberg. I think the Dig would make a great movie. I remember we had a casting thread for that on some forum back in the day. Teri Hatcher as Maggie.... Harrison Ford as Boston Low.

Quote:
how can you leave out the timeless "Maniac Mansion", the grandpappy of Day of the Tentacle. I can still see the open sequence title scrolling across with the catchy music. haha
LOL. How could I forget that? OMG, I can remember that opening sequence now.... ahh, the memories.
Harbinger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 08:01 PM   #186
Obi

I appreciate the effort, Digl. I don't see it seperate from his body anywhere there, though. I don't think it's coming off.
Old 03-14-2002, 08:18 PM   #187
lukesky518

The trailer is excellent its gonna be a great game. Can't wait hehehe
lukesky518 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 08:48 PM   #188
Syko

Going with the current random topic, I loved LEC's space simulator games. X-Wing, TIE Fighter, and then TIE CD.

I still have X-Wing on disks...and I still have the TIE Fighter DEMO on disks! Anyone remember that thing? I picked it up from a Babbages and it was plastered with Dodge Neon ads cuz the car was just coming out :| The demo was actually a bit different from the final game. Some sounds were weird and i think some of the craft physics felt odd. heh....those were the days, when 50 missions fit on 3 floppies...and so did MS Flight Simulator.

-Syko
Syko is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 08:50 PM   #189
Squalliss

The Dig was based on a concept by Speilberg.

It was planned and almost went into pre-production, however, early estimates concluded it would cost way too much to make at the current time. So they made it a game instead.

"The Dark Side? I've been there, do your worst!" - Kyle Katarn
Squalliss is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 09:31 PM   #190
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
stormtroopers with lightsabers
(now they got a better chance)

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 09:48 PM   #191
Syko

lol, now THAT would suck. An army of Force-abled Stormtroopers (same number of them) with lightsabers.

-Syko
Syko is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 10:32 PM   #192
Rat Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by digl
and different noises?? why would that happen?
In the films and in the recent trailer for JK2, bad guy lightsabers make a different noise while igniting than good guy lightsabers.
Rat Boy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 10:36 PM   #193
Darth Lunatic

Yeah in The Phantom Menace, you can clearly hear Darth Mauls saber makes a different vwooom sound as he swings it. Compared to the vwooms, of Obi-wans and Qui-gons. Such a technical view of things VWOOM!

----Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed----
Darth Lunatic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 10:54 PM   #194
StormHammer
Fallen Jedi

10 year veteran! 
Thumbs up

AWESOME trailer! Lots of action and effects, and a good measure of what is to come. Great job, Raven, you guys rock.

I think JKII will definitely replace Heretic II as my favourite 3rd person game.

Loved the force powers, saber attacks, and overall movement. I just can't wait to play this game.
StormHammer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 11:03 PM   #195
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Thumbs up

You could consider that Maul's saber is louder because there are two blades humming instead of just one. ; )

The Stormtroopers with Lightsaber idea actually comes from George Lucas's early Star Wars scripts (for A New Hope).
; )

So were the "seekers" that we'll be seeing in JK2.
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 11:07 PM   #196
Qel

Smile Hmmmm.....

I wonder......will there mp skins of the Jedi Academy students?

Qel

I'm no Jedi. I'm just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions.

- Kyle Katarn
Qel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 11:15 PM   #197
MustangMatt302

VAVOOM!!

I honestly love the "arts" of the saber. It tremedously exciting to hear, see, and watch. The clashes, sounds, flashes, movements. All are perfect. The sound quality sounds like it is going to be very nice. Finally, some deep saber hums and twirl sounds.

THE FORUM IS ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF SABERS!!!!!
MustangMatt302 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2002, 02:26 AM   #198
Anakin

Anyone got a mirror? I wouldnt ask normaly but Its my last day here at work, and then im back down to 56k D/l speeds.
Please Help

Now Iam the Master
Anakin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2002, 03:11 AM   #199
Frosty_V2.1

It should be fine straight off LA, I d/led the 20MB trailer in just under 2 hours yesterday on 56k, 2 hours is nothing while ur doing something...like watching the earlier trailers over and over and over, and it's definatley worth it just to see the "backwards stab", the pull/slash, Force Grip L3 and that dramatic ending

It's because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everybody does everything.
-H J Simpson
Frosty_V2.1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2002, 05:37 AM   #200
Anakin

OK I would If I had a link to d/l it from, I cant Install QT5 because I dont have Admin right on this PC.
Can you see the problem now?

Now Iam the Master
Anakin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Trailer II Discussion