lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: how will saber dueling work?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-14-2002, 03:52 AM   #1
Necro

Question how will saber dueling work?

i'd really like an official (read: raven owns me! ) answer on this (don't we all?)

how will saber dueling work? u hit the button and it does a random animation OR actually controling the saber (i would want this) where like u press straft left (or left), forward and hit and that make a left swipe or something?
Necro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 04:00 AM   #2
Hoowl

Yeah it would be nice to have an official statement on this. Personially, I think it will depend on which direction you are holding. I think duels will be more about using acrobatics to get into a position to attack someone rather than using a myriad of different attacks. I hope the three different stances add something to the game though.
Hoowl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 04:58 AM   #3
HBK

ChangKhan[RAVEN], from Raven Soft., said (summarizing from my memory) that they basically used 6 keys (4 directional + crouch and jump) and the mouse to perform all actions. This would include all the acrobatics, wall walking, and sabre controls(not including force powers). He talked about it briefly in the "tralier II discussion". He didn't get specific about "press left and mouse button 2 for an attck behind you". He did mention how the sabre dueling can work well and be more than a hack and slash depending on how you approach it.

I don't want to put anymore words into his mouth, but I think I got the gist of it right.
If I had to guess, I'd say you're right. Say 'a' + LEFT mouse is attack left and maybe 'a' + RIGHT mouse is block left. Now that would be cool.

But, as they say, time will tell. or maybe RAVEN will ;-)

EDIT: my bad, alt fire on the mouse is sabre-toss. maybe only sabre toss when press 'w' and alt-fire? You guys are really making me curious now.

HBK

"When kissed by the sword of Vengeance
Your head lays there by your side"

"Oh people, know that you have commited great sins. If you ask me what proof I have for these words, I say it is because I am the punishment of God. If you had not commited great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you!"
Genghis Khan, 1220

Last edited by HBK; 03-14-2002 at 08:31 AM.
HBK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 03:38 PM   #4
Coligeon

I'm just concerned with it being like JK where no skill is really involved with the lightsaber. I've read numerous times that the lightsaber duels are like that of the movies, but from the scnes we have got I'm getting worried...
Coligeon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 03:51 PM   #5
Pipe Smoke

Quote:
I'm just concerned with it being like JK where no skill is really involved with the lightsaber
I suspect you only say this because you yourself had no skill with the lightsaber.

Pipe Smoke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 04:06 PM   #6
Lorewin

aaa.. stuff it pipe. We all know it didnt take any skills to use the saber in jk, just 2 swing buttons, left n right... woooo.. look at me im pressing one button, im so skillfull!!!

It was fun though hope fully it will be more controllable in jk2 and even more fun!
Lorewin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 04:09 PM   #7
OmegaRad

yeah! I want it to be REALLY hard to be good with the ssaber... that would be cool.. like it req MAD skillz..

Word to your mother... you just got owned.
OmegaRad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 08:43 PM   #8
Pipe Smoke

The saber in JK was really not that simple...
I'm tired of people bashing it.

If people disliked it so much in JK and it was basically the whole point of the game, why are they here?
Pipe Smoke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 08:50 PM   #9
[sico]

to talk about jkII.
[sico] is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 08:50 PM   #10
Lt. Durden

Pipe, you have to admit that the saber controls were very simple. Course mod's like SBX took it to an whole different level. From what I've seen of the trailers, it looks like Raven has taken that stuff to heart. I'm sure we'll have a diverse an excellent saber fighting experience. And if it's lacking, people like Shadow X will mod it and make it the way it should be.

True Believer February 28th, 1995.
MOTL_Durden on the Zone.
SBX 3.1- Get it as MASSASSI!!

Athlon XP 1700
512DDR ram
60g HD
ATI Radeon 8500DV
SB Audigy
Lt. Durden is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 09:18 PM   #11
MrBlud

Obi-Wan had cool jedi dueling. Not too simple not too complicated.
MrBlud is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2002, 02:31 AM   #12
swooper

its kellogs its just right lol sorry
i just cant wait for this game thatz all

how many legs does a rooster have?
how many ribs does a kitty have?
so you know everything about cocks but nothing about pusseys lol
swooper is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2002, 05:09 AM   #13
Naphtali

Read old post on this subject to find more out about it, the direction you swing will go that way and their arre 3 stances, but yo ushould just read the faq

Naphtali is HARD
AS HELL
BATTLE ANYBODY I DONT CARE
WHO YOU TELL
Naphtali is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > how will saber dueling work?