lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: To many ponies?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-15-2002, 12:04 PM   #1
Simfight

To many ponies?

Well with only 2 weeks till JK2 out i thought i would dust off jedi knight. I currently have a athlon xp 1600. The trouble is i move to fast. It seems like i have speed on all the time. I cant see light saber as it moves to fast as well. Im running it at 1600 1200 but ther is no frame rate or timing cap. So my question is this, can i slow down JK. Also hey to all you old school folks. See ya soon in JK2

Simfight
Simfight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2002, 01:27 PM   #2
DSettahr

I don't think its because your processor is running the game too quickly. Maybe youve forgotten that the speed in JK was set higher than most modern games?

You underestimate the power of the Darkside...

DSettahr's Homepage
The Jedi's Saber
DSettahr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2002, 06:46 PM   #3
Simfight

Nope it aint that. I cant see or barley see light saber as it moves waaaaay to fast. Same with fist. There is no capper
Old 03-15-2002, 08:41 PM   #4
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Question

Strange. I have an Athlon Thunderbird running at 1.1 Ghz, 256 mb ram and the game is normal speed. The only thing that's off a bit is the Double-Swing in first person mode (the spark hits and animations are out of synch with each other).

I'm running in 1024x768, no back buffer in system memory, GeForce2 GTS (32mb) card, screen size 9....

There's a console command line to further tweak display settings but you'd have to go to Massassi.net to look it up, I don't remember what it was.

Perhaps you could try reinstalling and applying the patch, but I don't know if that would do anything.
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2002, 10:07 PM   #5
Simfight

hmmm, Well i wonder if it is the DDR ram then. Not sure but it feels like im cheating a bit. I cant imagin how fast i would run with full force speed.
Old 03-20-2002, 06:12 PM   #6
Chiles4

Simfight, that sounds really strange. I run JK/Mots on a 1.2G Tbird with 256MB DDR and a Hercules "Kyro 2". At 10x7x16 I average framerates between 100 and 130. If I go look at a wall close up I can get the framerate up to >250. You'd think I might run into the same problem too. Are you sure it isn't a video card driver problem?

I actually run JK/Mots at 10x7x16 with 4xFSAA on - I get about a 70fps avg. frame rate and the visuals are real nice - no jaggies!
Chiles4 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Knight / MotS > To many ponies?