lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Jedi Knight II: Box
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-16-2002, 10:20 PM   #1
BlueJedi

Jedi Knight II: Box

Hey all, this is my first time here...

Aight, since i know everything else i want to know about Jedi Knight II i was just wondering one thing; will raven new game(s) be featured in these new EA game boxes we seem to see being used by other companies as well?

These are the boxes with a decreased size of about half. They are very smart (what needs to be placed in the old huge boxes) and besides wanting to play this game very bad, i wouldnt mind being able to desplay is as well.

So any thoughts, idea's, and/or comfirms?

Peace,

BlueJedi

The world is f*cked, thats what games are for...
BlueJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2002, 10:22 PM   #2
B0MBER II

I doubt it

Chicago Cubs... #1
B0MBER II is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2002, 11:17 PM   #3
LoNEPiE

The JKII display box is of the small size at my local EB, but who knows, it could be for display purposes only
LoNEPiE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2002, 11:36 PM   #4
BlueJedi

Wow, thanks for the information...i didnt think of looking at EB. They always have those desplays early. And when they had XBOX boxes, and GAMECUBE boxes (both pieces of crap) they ended up being identical... Guess only time will tell...

For now i am going to dream about all the things i could do with my lightsabre, peace.

Old 03-16-2002, 11:39 PM   #5
Belgirion

when I went over to my local gamestop the preview box for JO was about the size of a ps2 game box
Belgirion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2002, 12:10 AM   #6
rolsen

The new smaller box sizes are not EA's doing. They are the new agreed upon standard for all computer game boxes. A group of game publishing companies got together a few months ago and agreed upon the standard. EA was the first company to implement it, but Activsion has also released games in the new box size.

Rolsen
rolsen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2002, 01:12 AM   #7
Nickeleye

GameCube, a piece of crap? I resent that. Xbox, yeah, that is, but my GameCube is great. Especially with the exclusive Rogue Leader
Nickeleye is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2002, 01:35 AM   #8
Sounds Risky
No sir, that's paper

Quote:
Originally posted by Nickeleye
GameCube, a piece of crap? I resent that. Xbox, yeah, that is, but my GameCube is great. Especially with the exclusive Rogue Leader
Good for you. I like my Xbox.
Sounds Risky is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2002, 02:23 AM   #9
Caster

Personally, I hate the new box sizes.

It limits the size of manuals, extra literature and hotkey reference cards. Sure all that stuff may not matter, but what if you're playing games like flight/space simulations (I mean hardcore ones like Echelon or I-War or FreeSpace 2).

Those games need all the reference material and literature as possible. What really surprised me is that the only thing that hasn't been limited are the PRICES(!).

You'd think with less, paper, paint, binding, material they'd be able to lower the prices instead of raising them any further!

Yay for capitalism! You pay more for less.

(Sorry, teen angsty mood right now)

-Caster

Fuel burning space polluting X-Wings!
You probably have seat
belts with those shield of yours!
Caster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2002, 02:56 AM   #10
TegSkywalker
Old School JKMAG

Quote:
Originally posted by OCH

Good for you. I like my Xbox.

Have fun with a big black doorstop that Japan eats alive. The rest of us will be snuggling our Gamecubes.

Nintendo. Square. Nuff said
TegSkywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2002, 03:01 AM   #11
M@nd@lori@n

Who ever market this collector Tin was eating to many wampa burgers,unless you have money to burn getting the "Tin" is a waste of money.If its true all you get is a copy of D.F.,J.K. and maybe a keychain forget it.Have they forgotten they have release those game many times over,to fork over more "republic credits" they should have marketed toward the diehard JediKnight fans with unique items ie: a miniture lightsader or a action figure base on the game or how about advance tickets to the AOTC...hehe whatever that would justify getting the Tin.I will just get the regular edition.

Ash-"Maybe ...just maybe my boys can stop them from getting the Book....right and I'm a Chinese jetpilot!" Army of Darkness
M@nd@lori@n is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2002, 04:16 AM   #12
Sounds Risky
No sir, that's paper

Quote:
Originally posted by TegSkywalker
Have fun with a big black doorstop that Japan eats alive. The rest of us will be snuggling our Gamecubes.

Nintendo. Square. Nuff said
Doorstops aren't very big though. In fact, they're really small.
Sounds Risky is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2002, 04:46 AM   #13
Fardreamer

Not another console bashing thread! We had enough of those over at Massassi.
Fardreamer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2002, 08:39 AM   #14
BlueJedi

First off...

Thank you for the information on the "new standard boxes" i did not know that it wasnt EA, and then Activision following.

And as for consoles...

I am sorry, but there is only one thing that will ever advance in technology and offer the best games possible in every genre; PC. Gamecube is going show their Metroid, Mario, and Zelda, then thats it, it will fall to the ground. And while XBOX cant fail because it is Gates' and well we all know whats in his pockets...still the support for XBOX really sucks, and the price is enormous, and XBOX's are exploading, yes thats right, exploading all over the place, you also see alot of "out of order" signs in the screens of an XBOX.

Now back on topic...

How can you not like those new boxes? Manual have never succeeded the size of that box. Dont think that the manuals can only go into the CD case cause thats not true ex: Undying came with a full manual located at the bottom of the box. Anyways, the new boxes rock!

BlueJedi

Old 03-17-2002, 09:34 AM   #15
Backslash

JK and MotS' books were both oddshaped, long enough to fit in the box, but definately not in the CD cases.

I have to agree that with these new box sizes, Manuals and Key Reference Sheets will eventually get smaller (or non-existant).

But, Ref. Sheets only come in handy for myself if I'm playing a Flying Game.
Backslash is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2002, 09:51 AM   #16
ZeroXcape
Another Grim Jedi

LFN Staff Member 
Exclamation Re: Jedi Knight II: Box

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueJedi
Hey all, this is my first time here...

Aight, since i know everything else i want to know about Jedi Knight II i was just wondering one thing; will raven new game(s) be featured in these new EA game boxes we seem to see being used by other companies as well?

These are the boxes with a decreased size of about half. They are very smart (what needs to be placed in the old huge boxes) and besides wanting to play this game very bad, i wouldnt mind being able to desplay is as well.

So any thoughts, idea's, and/or comfirms?

Peace,

BlueJedi
BlueJedi - Welcome to the Forums....

Yes, the JKII box will be the smaller EA-like boxes. I was surprised to see them myself... but they look great. (And this will change my LucasArts-wall-of-Games.) The collector's edition tin version will be a larger.

ZeroXcape

"Run, you pigeons! It's Robert Frost!"
ZeroXcape is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2002, 09:56 AM   #17
Father Ruckus

Being an EB employee and playing every title for both Xbox and Gamecube heres my prognosis(sp)

Xbox, if you spent 300 bucks to play Halo, then your in the clear. Everyother title on this system is available on another system or is just pure crap. Most games blow on the Xbox.

GameCube, More Quality than Quantity. Smash Bros, Pikmin, Rogue Leader, Soccer Slam(played an early release version) are all insanely fun. And with Metroid, Star Fox, Mario, Soul Caliber 2, EA sports, Square!!, Resident Evil. and most likey a whole slew of other Capcom titles, it is a strong console.

PS2, more games, also means more bad games. Jak and Daxter rocks though.

but who cares, PC owns the 2 console and the wannabe PC.

Time is an Abstract created by humans to measure they're own decay

1.03 > 1.02
Father Ruckus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2002, 09:58 AM   #18
ZeroXcape
Another Grim Jedi

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by Caster
Personally, I hate the new box sizes.

It limits the size of manuals, extra literature and hotkey reference cards. Sure all that stuff may not matter, but what if you're playing games like flight/space simulations (I mean hardcore ones like Echelon or I-War or FreeSpace 2).

-Caster
Caster - I kinda wish all my boxes were the smaller size. It doesn't really limit the manuals in anyway. What it does limit is all the promotional materials that come with most games.

What I really hated was when buying an expansion for any game... you get a huge box with just a CD-case inside. Talk about a waste...

ZeroXcape

Old 03-17-2002, 10:01 AM   #19
ZeroXcape
Another Grim Jedi

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by Father Ruckus
but who cares, PC owns the 2 console and the wannabe PC.
Agreed

ZeroXcape

Old 03-17-2002, 10:18 AM   #20
Squalliss

I am very much a hardcore PC gamer, however, I do enjoy the games I have for XBOX.

Whoever said they like GC over XBOX - are you, what 6 years old? Nintendo markets for children, hence look at the majority of their games.

Sure they will throw out a few mature games every once and a while, but overall - kid games. And GC has just as many ports on their system as XBOX does.

XBOX has more games than GC. And they are more mature and fun.

"The Dark Side? I've been there, do your worst!" - Kyle Katarn
Squalliss is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2002, 10:21 AM   #21
B0MBER II

Um.... No Game Cube?

PS2 0wnz both nuff said

Chicago Cubs... #1
B0MBER II is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2002, 10:43 AM   #22
Generique Fin

Quote:
Originally posted by Father Ruckus

PS2, more games, also means more bad games. Jak and Daxter rocks though.
PC has more games out of the lot, therefore more bad games.

"No, there is another" - Master Yoda
Generique Fin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2002, 11:08 AM   #23
Silent_Thunder

"Whoever said they like GC over XBOX - are you, what 6 years old? Nintendo markets for children, hence look at the majority of their games.

Sure they will throw out a few mature games every once and a while, but overall - kid games. And GC has just as many ports on their system as XBOX does.

XBOX has more games than GC. And they are more mature and fun."--Squalliss

Huh? Who ever said a game that can be played by 6 year olds AND adults is an "immature game". Really, the games (and the gamers) that have (or like, in the case of the gamers) tons and tons of blood and gore, are the one that are immature. You can easily enjoy Super Smash brothers if you are 8 or 30, same with most of the other Gamecube titles. Please don't tell me you're one of those people that looks at a game and says: "Woah, I don't see any gore or nudity in this game, it sucks!". BTW, I like the GameCube and the XBOX, but I like them for what they are, and the gameplay their games have, not for any supposed "maturity level" that comes with playing those games.

Err... well anyway, back on topic, I actually like the new boxes quite a bit, they're cool and compact looking...
Silent_Thunder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2002, 11:19 AM   #24
gavan

GC better then Xbox, That will be the day. Are you 5 years old, kid. I have an xbox, and it sucks... gamecube sucks eveing more. F*** they all suck. Only PCs are for me.

And for the new boxes, then F***ing rule!

sorry I'm in a bad mood!

Fear Is My Ally
gavan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2002, 11:25 AM   #25
TUS_Tomcat

Quote:
Originally posted by ZeroXcape
Caster - I kinda wish all my boxes were the smaller size. It doesn't really limit the manuals in anyway.

Unless you like flightsims

HUGE LIMIT!

damn the small boxes and pdf manuals for flight sims

Founder of the PWSL

Pro White Sabercore League

(non racist organisation!)
TUS_Tomcat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2002, 11:28 AM   #26
BlueJedi

Quote:
Originally posted by Squalliss
I am very much a hardcore PC gamer, however, I do enjoy the games I have for XBOX.

Whoever said they like GC over XBOX - are you, what 6 years old? Nintendo markets for children, hence look at the majority of their games.

XBOX has more games than GC. And they are more mature and fun.
Even though i have moved on from consoles, i do believe this is just another XBOX fanboy expression...

DO NOT, and i cannot inforce that enough -- diss Nintendo, they were the ones who started it all, while at this point they do not please me...i do respect Nintendo in all its glory. So what if a 15 year old (like myself) happens to like a plumber in red overalls...That takes more of a man that anyone to admit that they love the classics and dont need some PS2/XBOX to introduce blood to a game to make it "Mature".

...Look at Super Smash Bros. Melee, it has cute characters in an all-out-fight, and this game has no blood what so ever, and is also one of what you would quote "a kiddy nintendo game" yet...this game earns a T rating...A game does not have to have blood to be mature...

You seem to not understand what other factors incorperate "Mature" a mature game also sports using your bran to get through things...they cant rate a game that has you solving how to open a door with high walls and nothing around you, and it be a family game because a 6 yr old cant get far unless he is some snobby genius.

Which, in conclusion i chose to use the PC which seems to have me coming back all the time. Its games reach so far in genre.

BlueJedi

Old 03-17-2002, 11:38 AM   #27
Generique Fin

Consoles are promising, however, the PC dominates the market, at the moment.

Until these consoles get a strong enough online play, they will still be a step behind.

I am a game developer, and I believe most developers feel the same way.

What do I think looks more promising out of the three? Well, in terms of the new kid on the block - it would have to be XBOX.

PS2, however, has been out longer and has more games. XBOX will catch up, no doubt.

"No, there is another" - Master Yoda
Generique Fin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2002, 11:41 AM   #28
Locke101

The Nintendo Gamecube is a great system. I feel sorry for all the people who think that a game is not "mature" if it doesn't have blood or gore. when i hear this what immediatly comes to mind is well your immature because you fancy the death of people in real terms. Like heads being blown off, blood dripping everywhere. Also, i have always known Nintendo to go for Quality over anything else and that is hard to find these days when it comes to video games. Yes, i do love using the PC. But what i believe the main purpose of consoles is a way to have you and a bunch of your friends together in the same room to play. And yes, i like PS2 but one system i'll never like is the XBOX. Why????? Because its just a damn computer without a keyboard, mouse, or monitor included. If i wanted to play PC games i'll just go right here on my computer and play games.
Locke101 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2002, 02:22 PM   #29
rolsen

Wow, this thread sure did get off-topic fast.

Rolsen
rolsen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2002, 02:25 PM   #30
OmegaRad

Heres a great mother****ing Idea partna, how bout we get the game out ? hehe

Omega

Word to your mother... you just got owned.
OmegaRad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2002, 04:56 PM   #31
Jedimaster74

Who really gives a Flying **** about what the box is going to look like as long as their is a game in their I can Play!!!!

"There are many Jedi's out there in the Galaxy, but their is only one True JediMaster and Thats ME"
Jedimaster74 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2002, 05:31 PM   #32
Pipe Smoke

PC = the lord and master

GC = Nintendo is always worthy of respect, I have one... I know that it will come into it's own.

PS2 = alright... i guess.

X-Box = pure evil, goes around trying to snatch up PC games ruining both the console and PC market... **** the X-Box.

I wouldn't be very upset if consoles just ceased to exist, PC is where it's at.
Pipe Smoke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2002, 05:35 PM   #33
JaG|Kaiser

No idea, but I suppose it would be good marketing.

#JaG
#nar

irc.enterthegame.com
JaG|Kaiser is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2002, 05:40 PM   #34
Caster

Quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoke

X-Box = pure evil, goes around trying to snatch up PC games ruining both the console and PC market... **** the X-Box.
Agreed.

HALO would've been much more enjoyable on the PC if Microsoft hadn't bought out Bungie Entertainment.

-Caster

Fuel burning space polluting X-Wings!
You probably have seat
belts with those shield of yours!
Caster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2002, 09:59 PM   #35
Jedimaster74

The Xbox and all other consoles Suck for Gaming. The ultimate Gaming Rig is a PC all the way.

"There are many Jedi's out there in the Galaxy, but their is only one True JediMaster and Thats ME"
Jedimaster74 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2002, 10:04 PM   #36
SaberPro
00 Agent

Quote:
Originally posted by Jedimaster74
The Xbox and all other consoles Suck for Gaming. The ultimate Gaming Rig is a PC all the way.
Heh it really depends what PC you have...

Pentium 66Mhz vs. MS X-Box?

I say X-Box wins

SaberPro
Alliance of the Jedi (AOJ)
ZoneFriend = AOJ_SaberPro

"The Force is with you young Skywalker...but you are not a Jedi yet!" - Darth Vader
SaberPro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2002, 10:09 PM   #37
BlueJedi

Quote:
Originally posted by Jedimaster74
Who really gives a Flying **** about what the box is going to look like as long as their is a game in their I can Play!!!!
JediMaster...I was merely creating a thread on the box because i, and everyone else here know very much about the game...and that one question rested there for a while.

Calm down, it was a lasting question, but of course its the game that matters.

Old 03-18-2002, 12:33 AM   #38
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
sure are a lot of stars in this thread...

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2002, 12:45 AM   #39
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Red face

Arggg.. if this has to turn into a console debate, we can send it to the Swamp.. what do you guys think?
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2002, 02:38 AM   #40
UseDaAgression

Yea, I mean X-Box is a comp wannabe. I buy a gaming system so i can sit on my couch with some friends and play a game. I go on a comp beacause 1. Graphics are better. 2. Games are better. So if your some X-Box fan boy jus go sell your computer and BE GONE!

On Subject: Im glad they got a smaller box, SAVE THE RAINFOREST!!!! and it wouldnt fit in my mail box
UseDaAgression is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Jedi Knight II: Box