lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Corran Horn is JK2????? Maybe
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-19-2002, 08:13 PM   #1
Chiss Lord

Corran Horn is JK2????? Maybe

Look at the guy in the pic. Now look at the cover of I Jedi. They look alike... Could be. What do you think?

""Ideas are really everywhere. A writer has to train him or herself to look at everything they see or hear with an eye toward "how can I use this, how does this fit with other ideas I've had." There are no lack of ideas. It's not a particular skill to come up with these ideas. The ideas are the easy part. It's taking the ideas and developing them into English that is the work aspect."
- Timothy Zahn
Chiss Lord is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 08:14 PM   #2
Chiss Lord

If you can't see the pic go to

veztarplanet.tripod.com/corran.jpg

You'll have to copy paste that to your address bar because tripod uses a messed up encryptian that would make a hyperlink useless.

""Ideas are really everywhere. A writer has to train him or herself to look at everything they see or hear with an eye toward "how can I use this, how does this fit with other ideas I've had." There are no lack of ideas. It's not a particular skill to come up with these ideas. The ideas are the easy part. It's taking the ideas and developing them into English that is the work aspect."
- Timothy Zahn
Old 03-19-2002, 08:21 PM   #3
Zek

No, it really looks absolutely nothing like him.
Zek is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 08:21 PM   #4
CorranHornjr

I thought that it looked like it when I first saw the picture. I have crossed my fingers since that day. But I have a feeling that it is Kam Solour or however you spell it. I hope that it is Corran as you can tell by my forum name, he rocks! I hope for a silver saber..though I doubt it.

Lets hope that it is corran.

heres hoping....

And then there were was one...
CorranHornjr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 08:26 PM   #5
Belgirion

I think it's either Kam Solusar or Corran Horn...although on the cover of I, Jedi didn't he have his hair bleached?
Belgirion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 08:28 PM   #6
Chiss Lord

Corran is cool. And if they don't get the silver saber some modder probably will.

BTW, if you are looking at this and you can't tell what I'm talking about pull out the book (or go to Amazon) and pay attention to the beard and the hair.

Especially since this is the beginning of the academy, there weren't a lot of other Jedi students.

Yes, he did bleach his hair or something but it is hard to tell with the lighting.

- Timothy Zahn
Old 03-19-2002, 09:05 PM   #7
dazilla

Corran is one of my favorite characters from the Extended Universe, and I honestly think that all of Mike Stackpole's books are the best in the EU.
dazilla is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 01:37 AM   #8
General Theros

Michael Stackpole is good. He is my second fav EU author. But I'm sorry....no one beats Zahn. Timothy Zahn is the best EU author no questions asked. You can't get any better than the Thrawn trilogy or that duology (Spector of the Past, Vision of the Future) that he wrote. While I'm thinking about it, Corran Horn is a cool character....another one of my favorites. But I think my absolute favorite EU character is Talon Karrde. Talk about a smooth character!

General Theros
General Theros is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 01:44 AM   #9
heir03

The Duology was great, but his Thrawn trilogy was unbelievable. Thrawn is great. Kevin J. Anderson did a great job with the jedi academy trilogy as well.
heir03 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 01:46 AM   #10
General Theros

Yeah the Thrawn Trilogy was by far the better...and an amazing piece of work. The acadamy trilogy was good, except for the whole 3rd deathstar and the sun crusher.....I thought it was kinda lame. But well written yep! The Maw Cluster...what a cool idea.

General Theros
Old 03-20-2002, 01:48 AM   #11
General Theros

Just so this thread doesn't start smelling too much of swamp gas.....I do believe that the guy circled looks a lot like Corran Horn. Good eye.....it would be great if all of those academy jedi were in JK2!

General Theros

P.S. Except Kyp Durron.....grrrr.....I never liked him at all..... grrrr
Old 03-20-2002, 07:50 AM   #12
patchx

Location: fiery depths of hell sticking my pitch fork thru the guy who voiced jar jar's head
the jedi academy trilogy was pretty bad, i thought

they should have got zahn or someone less likely to make the students a power rangers team to do it

-patch

-patch
patchx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 08:00 AM   #13
Fardreamer

The Jedi Academy trilogy was aweful. As a matter of fact, most of the EU is aweful. I'm a sith probe droid now.
Fardreamer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 09:43 AM   #14
Pedro The Hutt
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by General Theros
Yeah the Thrawn Trilogy was by far the better...and an amazing piece of work. The acadamy trilogy was good, except for the whole 3rd deathstar and the sun crusher.....I thought it was kinda lame. But well written yep! The Maw Cluster...what a cool idea.

General Theros
About them deathstar and sun crusher.. yer right, how many more superweapons has the empire got hidden anyway lol. But besides that I found the trilogy to be good. At least he didn't go OOC with the characters.
Pedro The Hutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 10:21 AM   #15
ReaperFett

Cool Guy

Zahn cant write Jedi, IMO. KJA was perfect for the JAT.

And they better have Kyp
ReaperFett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 07:31 PM   #16
Chiss Lord

Zahn is the god of sci-fi, IMO.

This probably isn't available, but might be a viable mod. Remember extendable/retractable lightsaber? That could add a nice side to the battle...

- Timothy Zahn
Old 03-20-2002, 07:34 PM   #17
SaberPro
00 Agent

<-- Stupid

Who's Corran Horn? ^^""

SaberPro
Alliance of the Jedi (AOJ)
ZoneFriend = AOJ_SaberPro

"The Force is with you young Skywalker...but you are not a Jedi yet!" - Darth Vader
SaberPro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 08:38 PM   #18
Thrawn
Grand Admiral

Thrawn trilogy ruled

No, I'm not biased, why would you ask that?

"Politicians campaign in poetry and govern in prose."
ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,HPGR_Thrawn, Rogue 6
Born And Bred In XWA Country
Thrawn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 11:17 PM   #19
dazilla

The Thrawn trilogy was great, but I still like the Stackpole ones the most, I guess because I read them first. And I didn't really like what Allston did to the X-Wing series, although it was nowhere near as bad as the books written by Barbara Hamly. Now THOSE were bad, you know, Children of the Jedi and that other one? I hated them...so NOT Star Wars.
dazilla is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 03:03 AM   #20
Harbinger

SaberPro;

Corran Horn is a character from the Star Wars novels, the Exploited... ergh.. *cough* *cough* *hack* *hack*... er, I meant the Expanded Universe.
Harbinger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Corran Horn is JK2????? Maybe