lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: OMG! Check it out!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-19-2002, 10:06 PM   #1
mariners2001

OMG! Check it out!

I can't read German!
But what the hell is this?!
Is this a real picture or is it fake?
That is truly cool, however...

This was found on this site:
http://www.jedioutcastth.de/

Can anyone translate the article that
accompanies this pic on the main page?

I can't believe there's beheading!
I'd think for sure it'd be a "M" rating for that!
Oh well.

Skin Projects: (click on the links provided to download the files or view the current progress)
Emperor Palpatine: Completed
Jerec: Completed
Raas Avlow: Completed, but being redone
Mara Jade: Completed, but being redone which is nearly complete, New Mara WIP
Anakin Skywalker: Completed
Count Dooku: Done, not released
Ibtisam (Mon Calamari model) normal and rogue flight suit: Pending release
Talon Karrde: Completed
Rock Fisto (Kit Fisto model): Never released

E-mail me if you'd like to see or try one of these skins that I've not yet released.
Also, if you have an idea for a skin for me to make (Star Wars based preferably), please e-mail me with that idea and I'll take it under consideration for a future project.
mariners2001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 10:08 PM   #2
Belgirion

omg lol!!!
Belgirion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 10:09 PM   #3
Bio Warrior

ROFLMAO!
Bio Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 10:10 PM   #4
Necro

LOL

but...who's saber
Necro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 10:12 PM   #5
HBK

OMG That is insane! OMGOMGOMG

Back to reality, the quality of the screenshot is not consistant with others. Who knows...

HBK

that link isn't working for me, but that screenshot!

HBK

"When kissed by the sword of Vengeance
Your head lays there by your side"

"Oh people, know that you have commited great sins. If you ask me what proof I have for these words, I say it is because I am the punishment of God. If you had not commited great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you!"
Genghis Khan, 1220
HBK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 10:12 PM   #6
jedialphaknight
Banned

god I love this game!

course no blood
jedialphaknight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 10:13 PM   #7
Belgirion

lol that would be hillarious to decapitate someone in multiplayer ROFLMAO!!!!!

wait...does anyone notice that the stormtrooper on the way left? his feet aren't touching the ground
Belgirion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 10:14 PM   #8
Roger

This is a screenshot that was featured in a german Magazine (PC Action).

I don't know if it's real or not (I think it is) but the guy from the website (MarcusZ) is talking about the fact that players in Germany won't see this "limb slicing and dicing" in the German version of the game, because blood and gore is not allowed in any video game in Germany...
Roger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 10:19 PM   #9
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Cool Guy There Can Be Only One!

Crap-tastic-BabelFish translation:

http://www.jedioutcastth.de/

(previous news post)
Quote:
As I in the forum had recieved, have the new PC Action
already a test of the finished version in petto. Thus Jedi Knight 2
was evaluated:

- Control: Very good

- Diagram: 88%

- Sound: 93%

- Multi-player: 90%

- Single player: 91%

Also it is said that in the German version no parts of the body can be reduced. And in the newspaper a Screenshot is to be angelich, where Kyle the heading is down-fallen

If one can take these specification for full, one will also be able to say the fact that Jedi Outcast is better than new Wolfenstein and helped very Half Life herranreicht!

(the actual update itself)

Quote:
As I had already reported, the new PC is Action beside a test finished version also still another Screenshot in, which shows, Kyle the heading drops. Owing to CorranHorn ausm forum, can regard you to it now this Screenshot times, and considers the fact that sowas never in the German version to see it.

[screenshot]

Thanks to CorranHorn for the screenshot!
So if the screenshot is indeed real (it appears to be, though the quality is indeed poor), and from the "final version" (not some early beta before it was removed) it sounds like the author is saying that the German version had this feature removed. That makes one wonder if it is in other versions...
That screenshot looks like a scan, from the magazine they mention ("PC Action"?). Interesting to say the least...

If it's in there, I hope lightning shoots out of his neck, and that the killer absorbs his power....
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 10:20 PM   #10
bostonjedi

translation

to the best of my ability heres what i translated:

As I had already reported, the new PC is Action neven a test of the finished version also still another Screenshot in, which shows, how Kyle the heading drop. **time-out** owing to CorranHorn it sowas never in the Deutchen version see konnt

I think it says Never in the German version will you see anything like this.

"don't f*ck with a jedi master son"
bpunk - 2002 - boston, ma
bostonjedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 10:45 PM   #11
PraetorJudis

That's an obvious Photoshop job.

*gniltrohc yawa srednaw*
PraetorJudis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 10:51 PM   #12
Bio Warrior

photoshop doesnt make it fuzy like that though
Bio Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 10:59 PM   #13
PraetorJudis

No, the fuzziness is the bad scan.

*gniltrohc yawa srednaw*
Old 03-19-2002, 11:02 PM   #14
Darth Ergotht

OMG, Kyle is dead !! No more game ?6?!!?!?

It's so funny to see that. If it is a fake, good job. It is real, good job anyway !!!

I can't wait to play this game !

"When we will see each other on the battlefield I won't be so easy on you like I am now"
Darth Ergotht is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 11:09 PM   #15
SaberPro
00 Agent

It's Photoshop work for sure.

There are many places where the picture doesn't make sense...

Enlarge the picture if you need to, ClanPages doesn't let me upload anything >100k so...sorry

Yes I'm bored and yes I can't wait....arrrgghh!!

SaberPro
Alliance of the Jedi (AOJ)
ZoneFriend = AOJ_SaberPro

"The Force is with you young Skywalker...but you are not a Jedi yet!" - Darth Vader
SaberPro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 11:48 PM   #16
Lorewin

Re: translation

AHAHahAH!! LOL. that babel fish is funny.

As for your analysis the head aint taken from that picture, Its easy to tell. Asfor the saber They tend to look like that in some screens, cut off sort of, thats because u freese a part of an moving saber and it looks wrong cause its part of the animation(wich are ment to see in motion hehe).

IŽll try to translate in manualy, im swedish but IŽll give it a try.
ok, time to put that german I learned 6 years ago in school to use:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
we have a good looking screen, thats in the new PC ACTION magazine in a test of the FULL version, in the new screenshot we see Kyle with his head off.
roughly last part: Thanx to blabla wont see in german version.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats the CORRECT transation, forget about babblefish lol =)
Lorewin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 11:54 PM   #17
Valdarious

To tell you the truth, it looks like all of the chars were implanted. Kyle doesnt really seem to fit with the rest of the textures if you ask me. If you look at his right foot it doesnt realy fit the suroundings very well. The char models look extremly high res compaired to the textures of the map. Then the whole picture was glazed over with the fuz to hide alot of the coverup, or printed out then scaned to do the same.
Valdarious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 12:00 AM   #18
Lorewin

The picture is REAL, I cant explain the floating stormtrooper.

My translation should be 95% accurate, and it says its a SCREENSHOT taken from a TEST of the FULL version of the game.
probably just before it went officialy gold.
Old 03-20-2002, 12:03 AM   #19
SaberPro
00 Agent

At least I know that the floating Stormtrooper is an implant

SaberPro

"The Force is with you young Skywalker...but you are not a Jedi yet!" - Darth Vader
Old 03-20-2002, 12:05 AM   #20
SaberPro
00 Agent

Quote:
Originally posted by Lorewin
The picture is REAL, I cant explain the floating stormtrooper.

My translation should be 95% accurate, and it says its a SCREENSHOT taken from a TEST of the FULL version of the game.
probably just before it went officialy gold.
If it's real...there must be some content lock...that you will able to change.....Gore and no gore....?

SaberPro

Old 03-20-2002, 12:06 AM   #21
Ihatetheblind

Its not a multiplayer cause of all the storm troopers just hanging around with blasters, and I find it hard to believe that its a single player map where the player took a screenshot the instant a reborn threw(if they can) his lightsaber.

*platoon style yell*
Ihatetheblind is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 12:09 AM   #22
Roger

the lighting on Kyle's head doesn't fit... it looks like Kyle's head is photoshopped in.

On the other hand, there's a little smoke above Kyle's neck, which is what you see when a saber hits something.

I think this is an early build and we won't see this in the final game... Not in the US, not in Germany...
Roger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 12:10 AM   #23
SaberPro
00 Agent

Yes Reborn can throw their lightsabers at you.

Remember in the trailer when Kyle killed a reborn (probably when a reborn kills Kyle), the game turns into slow motion....probably you can take a screenshot?

SaberPro

Old 03-20-2002, 12:11 AM   #24
Obi

If that screenshot was faked, it was done by someone who had the actual game.

-The "rest" of the lightsaber is obviously in the stormtrooper's neck.

-The angle of Kyle's severed head cannot be found in any screenshot.

-The angle of Kyle's body and the position in which he's standing look very limp (true to a death animation) and is also consistant with what we have seen of death animations in the trailer. I have not seen them in any screenshot to date and they were nowhere near that clear or from that angle in the trailer.

- The "What is this" that you have circled appears to be the arm of a dead enemy, likely an imperial officer, which has plenty of business being there as enemies who are dead rarely stand up.

-The "levitating trooper" could be standing on something black that's obscured by the fuzz of the picture. What's more likely is that there is some minor glitch happening as he's taking the lightsaber in the neck and he's hopping up a little bit. We know the Q3 engine isn't perfect.

-The sparks and smoke seen coming from Kyle's neck stump are spot-on consistant with what we've seen from the trailers.

-Those blast points are too accurate for sand people. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise.

I conclude from this that if it was faked, the shots were actually taken from the final game and used to fake the shot. There is also no point in doing this, since it came from a german publication which has no reason to give false information. My opinion is that this shot is real. ChangKhan has been around lately, maybe he'll drop by this thread and confirm or deny it if you change the subject to make it interesting to him.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 12:19 AM   #25
Apparition

It was stated in a hands-on preview somewhere that levitating stormtroopers happened several times. Apparently it's a common clipping problem in Q3.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 12:36 AM   #26
SPY_jmr1
The Quiet, but Deadly One

real or not, he's gonna have a jedi grade headache in the morning

I guess thats when you use the rare and odd force pull and force heal combo i can just see the head floating back on to his body, small shake of head and back to sliceing

Spy
SPY_jmr1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 12:39 AM   #27
OnlyOneCanoli
Paranoid Bandroid

Hahaha, that's great. Not real, but funny nonetheless.
OnlyOneCanoli is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 12:49 AM   #28
SaberPro
00 Agent

Quote:
Originally posted by Apparition
It was stated in a hands-on preview somewhere that levitating stormtroopers happened several times. Apparently it's a common clipping problem in Q3.
I hope Raven fixed it before the game went gold....

SaberPro

Old 03-20-2002, 12:49 AM   #29
SPY_jmr1
The Quiet, but Deadly One

i smell a mod this seems feasable dosent it? its been donein othe rgames, right???

Spy
SPY_jmr1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 12:54 AM   #30
Lorewin

Quote:
Originally posted by Ihatetheblind
Its not a multiplayer cause of all the storm troopers just hanging around with blasters, and I find it hard to believe that its a single player map where the player took a screenshot the instant a reborn threw(if they can) his lightsaber.

Reborns can throw sabers. The angle was most likely taken from one of thoose SLOW MOTION thingys that happen when someone die (probably uncluding yourself, can be turned of in meny acording to PC GAMER SWEDEN ; 90% rating).

u know.. when the camera spins around in slow-mo. dont need to be to fast to take a screenie there.

And second of all, PC ACTION appears to be a popular well respected game mag, why on earth would they unclude fake screens? GET REAL!!!!!

From Vagabond: Lorewin, I don't want to have to warn you again - if you continue name-calling, you're going to find yourself in the time-out corner until you get it. Your offensive remarks have been removed and I expect you to discontinue your personal attacks. Have a nice day.
Old 03-20-2002, 01:09 AM   #31
Ihatetheblind

calm down Lorewin, you kind of sound like a tool,

I dont think it slows down every time you kill someone. Go back to jk1, you cut off a body part every 30 kills or so. Factor that in with the fact that you have to get killed by a reborn throwing his lightsaber (which means your some distance away from that reborn) in a room full of storm troopers, without getting shot to death or killed in some other way (i am assuming that the same body part cut off ratio goes for the computer). So this guy plays this level like 100 times waiting for the one time when he is A) killed by the reborn saber throw and B) it cuts his head off so he can D) press the screen shot button. I guess it's possible.

*platoon style yell*
Ihatetheblind is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 03:01 AM   #32
Lorewin

Have u ever played Max Payne?

It goes into slow mo when something cool happend, not just usual kills(unless u active it ahead).

That will probably be the case here....

scenario:

walks into a room of troopers, activate agressive stance so he can dispatch them quickly, while in agressive mode heŽs blocking is worse, so a reborn tosses his saber and VOILA, head goes off, engine figured its a cool event and did it slowmo.

lol. NOOOO!!! not a chance!! that cant happen!! the odds are 1/5000202000. right.. It will happen quite often im shure.

muaha... Lets all pray and hope we can cut off heads
Aww.. Im not buying it if we cant... ok maybe I will.. but still .. I want it AHAHAhaHAhahHAAH!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2002, 03:01 AM   #33
Broode

The screenshot can't be faked, unless it was by someone with immense clone brushing skills. Look where the head would have been if it wasn't cut off. Now, either someone has actually managed to exactly recreate that area of that image (including sparks/black smoke etc) or his head was actually cut off.

And that head couldnt have come from that image, look at the neck, the lightings all different. Unless someone managed to re-colour his entire head it would not fit into that screenie at all.

And don't forget, normal photoshop editing tools don't allow you to re-create that pattern that was caused by bad scanning. Unless that was overlayed afterwards of course, but what would be the point of that?

-Broode-
- I am Oobiedoob Benobi. I have the Silliest name in the Galaxy.
- Whats your middle name?
- Scoobie Doobie.
- Oobiedoob Scoobie Doobie Benobi?
Broode is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 03:36 AM   #34
GonkH8er

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
Perhaps when you die it pans around in slo mo...

I think theres a couple of options for the slo mo kill turnaround you can set (ge-never, reborns, everyone who you kill with the saber... etc)

hrmmmmmmm

GonkH8er-
Ian@lfnetwork.com
JediKnight.net JediKnightII.net
GonkH8er is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 04:14 AM   #35
Lorewin

Quote:
Originally posted by GonkH8er
Perhaps when you die it pans around in slo mo...

hrmmmmmmm
Is there an echo in here?
u cant set specifics, either its off or its on.

I know this from PC gamer sweden, wich I bet none of u have read heeh
Old 03-20-2002, 05:14 AM   #36
PraetorJudis

Quote:
some people are just to stupid ...
That's "too stupid."

The picture is a cut and paste job that was printed in a magazine or newspaper, then scanned and posted by Jedi Outcast TH. The head is from the second picture posted in this thread, just with half the head cut out so that it appears to be at a different angle. The perspective is off. Kyle is way too large in comparison to the storm trooper standing right next to him. I suspect that he's covering up whatever is actually emitting the sparks from being hit by a thrown light sabre.

I'm guessing that the original shot was taken in a multiplayer session by someone who was playing in first person mode with their sabre. That blob at the lower right hand side of the shot is the player's hand. The picture has been cropped to remove the hud elements. Still, that doesn't rule out the final as being a composite Photoshop job. Which it clearly is.

*gniltrohc yawa srednaw*
Old 03-20-2002, 05:49 AM   #37
nykel007

To bad it's fake, it looks very cool. Mabye they tried to show it in that extent cause there is some level of dismemberment.

TriniJedi
nykel007 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 06:03 AM   #38
swooper

how about u guys wait for the game its only a couple days away now eh then u can post "real" screenies of this (personaly i like the whole thing lol)

how many legs does a rooster have?
how many ribs does a kitty have?
so you know everything about cocks but nothing about pusseys lol
swooper is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 06:34 AM   #39
Scrobes

Very intriguing. Though think on this. Kyle's in a room full of stormtroopers, and his lightsaber is completely stock-still. No blue arc or trail at all. And note too, that this spinning red saber would have had to have hit his raised saber for it to continue on and decapitate him. Doesn't quite add up. Nearly every action scene you see, Kyle's blue saber is in mid-motion, leaving a massive bright blue trail. I find it hard to believe he could have missed blocking this.. let alone the red saber not hitting his raised saber but somehow managing to behead him.
Scrobes is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 07:22 AM   #40
Vagabond
LFN Staff Emeritus

Cool Guy

PraetorJudis, sorry, but you're wrong. In the first picture of Kyle's head, you can only see one of his eyes, while in the second photo you can see both of his eyes. The fact that you can only see one eye in the first photo is not due to any editing. It's because the picture was taken when Kyle's head was at a different angle of rotation, than his head in the second photo. Conclusion: the two photos are distinct, period.

Does this prove that the first photo is authentic? Not necessarily, but we do know that it's not a cut-and-paste job from the second photo in this thread.

All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players...
Vagabond is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > OMG! Check it out!