lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: OMG! Check it out!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-20-2002, 08:14 PM   #81
Neko Lain

it may be a fake, or it may not be.

anyway, if it was a fake, considering the guy who did it, would have to be somewhat good, and i doubt he would do a obvious mistake with the levitating trooper.

And the lightsabers, they throw out a gradient blur, where you can se the original textures in these ( i checked). And to fake that, is timecraving, and difficult to get the same effect. Say you copied the lightsaber from somewhere, and put it in there, the textures would be different. Its possible, but it would be difficult using the blendmodes, and there would still be traces, and getting it to look like you dident use any blend modes.

And all the other points you people have shown, all those could as easily be game glitches insteed of photo manipulation.

The only main point i saw, was that i thought the kyle model, was a bit to large for his suroundings, but maybe hes just one of those big type characters =)

its more likely to be the real thing, then what it is to be a fake.
Neko Lain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 08:17 PM   #82
MercenaryI{aos

In response to Kurgan:

Quote:
Originally posted by Obi
I seem to think that they'd make it more cinematic than some thug just whipping his lightsaber at his neck. They'd almost certainly have the opponent who severes his head holding the blade for a little more of a dramatic effect. I doubt they'd have a bunch of troopers in his vision either.
Perhaps he was talking to the "invisible" man and this vision is all about his fear to become a jedi and is thinking of all the dangers maybe ?

I can see everyone but no one can see me.
I am a mercenary. I create chaos. I am Mercenary l{aos
MercenaryI{aos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 08:23 PM   #83
RiseForth

One reason I think the picture is either a fake or from an earlier build is because I don't think the game would be allowed to receive a "T" (Teen) Rating if you were able to cut off enemies heads in the game....

RiseForth
RiseForth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 09:38 PM   #84
Gabrobot

Quote:
Originally posted by RiseForth
One reason I think the picture is either a fake or from an earlier build is because I don't think the game would be allowed to receive a "T" (Teen) Rating if you were able to cut off enemies heads in the game....
Nonsense.
Gabrobot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 09:47 PM   #85
RiseForth

Hey, I'm just trying to come with any type of clarification! Sorry if my idea is incorrect!

RiseForth
RiseForth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 09:52 PM   #86
Gabrobot

I just meant that the thing about a game that allowed you to chop off someones head with a light saber can't get a teen rating was nonsense.

I myself think that the screen is real, and that hopefully the feature is in the gold build.
Old 03-21-2002, 12:36 AM   #87
Fardreamer

If it's not in the German version, it's not in any version. Period.
Fardreamer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 12:39 AM   #88
GonkH8er

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
Pfffft.... those crazy germans

I think we can expect NOT to see this in game. Savour it while you can guys...

GonkH8er-
Ian@lfnetwork.com
JediKnight.net JediKnightII.net
GonkH8er is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 01:06 AM   #89
SaberPro
00 Agent

I agree...they posted a beheaded KYLE (fake or real) on the NATIONAL NEWSPAPER?!?!?! How f'ed up are those editors??

SaberPro
Alliance of the Jedi (AOJ)
ZoneFriend = AOJ_SaberPro

"The Force is with you young Skywalker...but you are not a Jedi yet!" - Darth Vader
SaberPro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 12:09 PM   #90
7-7ighlander

First off, my opinion is that this is an earlier build/a gag made by the team. I dont know bout u guys but I havent really seen Kyles death animation much b4 and a faker would need that. Besides, as stated before, a faker wouldnt make obvious mistakes such as the floating stormtrooper and the shadows on the flying head.

Now, as a practitioner of martial arts incorporating swords and as a die hard Star Wars fan, that picture bothers me.

Now, if the weapon had been say a broadsword or a katana or anything which uses the principle Sharp metal + Neck = Flying head. With a weapon such as the saber, however, heads shouldn´t go flying since there isn´t anything that pushes the head away. It just makes a 100% clean cut through the neck and therefore the head should just... fall off.. Kinda like Darth Mauls torso ya know? If he had hit something like a diamond cube however, it is understandable if the cube flies as the saber cant make clean cuts through everything, watch ep 1 to see that.

ARGH I ACTUALLY TOLD SOME1 TO WATCH EP 1!! MUST WASH MOUTH!!! GHAAAAAAAA

PS national newspaper? ehmm pc action doesnt sound like the national newspaper DS
7-7ighlander is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 01:26 PM   #91
HBK

Quote:
Originally posted by 7-7ighlander
ARGH I ACTUALLY TOLD SOME1 TO WATCH EP 1!! MUST WASH MOUTH!!! GHAAAAAAAA
LMAO.

Sorry for the Spam, but that was funny.

HBK

HBK

"When kissed by the sword of Vengeance
Your head lays there by your side"

"Oh people, know that you have commited great sins. If you ask me what proof I have for these words, I say it is because I am the punishment of God. If you had not commited great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you!"
Genghis Khan, 1220
HBK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 04:13 PM   #92
Gabrobot

Quote:
Originally posted by 7-7ighlander

Now, as a practitioner of martial arts incorporating swords and as a die hard Star Wars fan, that picture bothers me.

Now, if the weapon had been say a broadsword or a katana or anything which uses the principle Sharp metal + Neck = Flying head. With a weapon such as the saber, however, heads shouldn´t go flying since there isn´t anything that pushes the head away. It just makes a 100% clean cut through the neck and therefore the head should just... fall off.. Kinda like Darth Mauls torso ya know? If he had hit something like a diamond cube however, it is understandable if the cube flies as the saber cant make clean cuts through everything, watch ep 1 to see that.

Nope. YOU watch ESB. Remember Luke chopping that Darth Vader/Luke Skywalker thingies head off? It didn't just stand on top Vader's/Luke's body, it flew off like in that screenshot.
Old 03-21-2002, 06:01 PM   #93
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Thumbs up

Well, hopefully in a week we'll all know for sure...
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 06:12 PM   #94
Miss_Stalker

LOL thats funny, but I dont think the ss is real cuz it looks pretty much edited. And other than that, I heardjk 2 wont have blood in it cuz of the rating so that had be weird if that ss was real
Miss_Stalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2002, 05:03 AM   #95
7-7ighlander

Well, as stated in the post, what I said only applies to the cutting of flesh. The hard plastic (Which prolly isn´t plastic but anyways) casing surrounding Vaders skull is not flesh =)
7-7ighlander is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2002, 09:03 AM   #96
|GzFC|bébé

a german solving ur puzzle =)

hi, this "screen" is taken from a pc-games-magazine here in germany(PC-Action). The mag tells it is a taken screenshot from a late beta-version they had for testing the game. Not the gold version and I suspect an american/international one, because it also tells the german version will be less violent, no dismembering of any bodyparts etc.
And YES, the screen looks shady somehow, dunno why, but it looks also awful in the magazine... ;-)
the test ended in a 91 % and they really loved it, calling it the best action-game ever so far..

.................................................. ..
"...it was all so simple when I was a baby! "
|GzFC|bébé is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2002, 09:18 AM   #97
Furious Fish

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabrobot

Nope. YOU watch ESB. Remember Luke chopping that Darth Vader/Luke Skywalker thingies head off? It didn't just stand on top Vader's/Luke's body, it flew off like in that screenshot.
well darths head had hydraulics and electronic stuff etc in teh helmet so it could conceivably be becuase of them exploding
Furious Fish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > OMG! Check it out!