lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Ruining the Saber fun
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-20-2002, 05:11 PM   #1
Endo'Cun

Ruining the Saber fun

SABER THROWING i think might ruin the fun in saber battles, i think to many people will fool around and keep throwing there sabers all over the place, i hope not, is there a system against that.

Bounty Hunter
Endo'Cun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 05:18 PM   #2
RedHerring

If it p***** you off then block it or dodge it and rush them before it returns...Or force pull it down

[Edit - Stormy - swearing ]
RedHerring is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 05:19 PM   #3
JediDante

Your right! I never thought of that!?

Half Man. Half Demon. Pure Vengeance.
JediDante is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 05:19 PM   #4
Scrobes

lol.. the new breed of "Saber-snipers"!!!

I don't know. Yeah sure, you'll probably get loads of this to begin with, as people will be experimenting with it and stuff. And I spose it's a covering attack in a way; letting you get closer as the thing is hurtling towards your opponent. Even then it's a distraction for them, forcing them to block or something.

Of course it's dependant on mana consumption. You can't do that continually I take it? And there's a clip in one of the trailers, I forget which, where a dark jedi throws his lightsaber at Kyle, but he blocks it successfully enough.

So.. not sure. You're not going to continue throwing it when you are forced into melee by your opponent.
Scrobes is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 05:41 PM   #5
Zek

If someone throws their saber at you, you sidestep it(or use a force power on it, not sure if push/pull work) and make them regret it. Easy enough.
Zek is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 05:42 PM   #6
Locke101

i've noticed people getting MORE AND MORE PICKY!!! Just an observation. But hey, if you don't like the idea of saber throw well then just run away when someone uses it!

Locke101 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 07:05 PM   #7
Legacy_QuEsT

Every good game has to have at least one cheap trick

<- You're looking at the next saber throw champ
Legacy_QuEsT is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 07:30 PM   #8
Sithcloak

I don't think it will ruin it to much becuase in multiplayer mana regenrates alot slower and that should handle most of the problems. Just be glad that they replaced secondary attack with saber throw. I was growing tierd of figure-8 swings being the only saber attack used. In jk2 i am positive that it will not be a matter of who can throw there saber the most.

Anyway like the other have said its going to not be to hard to counter.

Sithcloak

"It is obvious we can not settle this contest by our knowledge of the force, but by our skills with a lightsaber."
Sithcloak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 07:35 PM   #9
Chiss Lord

It's a newbie trick... A thrown saber is obviously less powerful than a good blow from heavy stance. It's just one of those cheap strats that takes a few days to learn an easy way arround.

Remember when we were all JK newbies and were obsessed with force destruction? Cheap strat, no real skill involved. Easy for a saberist to deal with.

""Ideas are really everywhere. A writer has to train him or herself to look at everything they see or hear with an eye toward "how can I use this, how does this fit with other ideas I've had." There are no lack of ideas. It's not a particular skill to come up with these ideas. The ideas are the easy part. It's taking the ideas and developing them into English that is the work aspect."
- Timothy Zahn
Chiss Lord is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 07:49 PM   #10
Zek

Where did you hear force power regenerates slower in MP?
Zek is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 07:53 PM   #11
Apparition

Quote:
Originally posted by Zek
Where did you hear force power regenerates slower in MP?
It's been said before. Not sure where though. But I can collaborate that there have been many threads on it.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 07:53 PM   #12
ryudom

hehe, i'm the current sbx saber throw champion. if your good though, you can easily dodge it, and attack the undefended person. this should be even easier to do with the new acrobatics
ryudom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 08:37 PM   #13
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
why would a thrown sabre hurt less? i mean, a throwing knife doesnt draw blood slower than being stabbed...

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 08:54 PM   #14
CaptainPOE

Easy, when they throw their saber at you force jump over it and land near them, then since they are practically defenseless chop them to shreds, or shoot them since they won't be able to deflect your shot with their saber 20 feet away from them

The saber throw might work at first but then after a while people will learn of ways to get around it

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather...not sreaming and yelling like those in his car
CaptainPOE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 10:51 PM   #15
madrebel

i would roll forward/under it and pop up in their face for a quick 1-2.

saber throw wont, imo, be that effective against another saber user. It will be formidable against a gunner though IMO.
madrebel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 10:55 PM   #16
hahadude

Do you think a jedi with force speed turned on is faster than a thrown saber? Because that would be the coolest thing in the world. Sidestep a saber thrown from far away, turn on force speed, beat the saber back to the thrower and kill him before his saber even returns. Oh god...that would be sweet...

hAHaDuDE
hahadude is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 10:58 PM   #17
Miss_Stalker

Quote:
Originally posted by madrebel
i would roll forward/under it and pop up in their face for a quick 1-2.

saber throw wont, imo, be that effective against another saber user. It will be formidable against a gunner though IMO.
I hope it would be like that
Miss_Stalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 08:16 AM   #18
Pedro The Hutt
Jedi Knight

Well personally I'm not going to use Saber throw unless there would be no other alternative.(or unless I'm 100% sure that it will hit my opponent) That period where your defenceless doesn't exactly seem appealing to me lol.
Pedro The Hutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 09:12 AM   #19
SithLord19

Quote:
Originally posted by Zek
If someone throws their saber at you, you sidestep it(or use a force power on it, not sure if push/pull work) and make them regret it. Easy enough.

yeah it sucks it was in jedi knight and MoS
SithLord19 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 09:21 AM   #20
thrEEpaGe

Quote:
Originally posted by Legacy_QuEsT
Every good game has to have at least one cheap trick

<- You're looking at the next saber throw champ
omg legacy actually posted...heh...haxxxxxx

actually i dont think that the throw will be cheap at all i think it will be gay for the user, not the receiver (translation for newbies: it won't be that good)

What does Bob Dole think? Bob Dole thinks he's a doofus!

Later Losers!
OUT!
thrEEpaGe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 10:25 AM   #21
Jedimaster74

Quote:
Originally posted by thrEEpaGe

omg legacy actually posted...heh...haxxxxxx

actually i dont think that the throw will be cheap at all i think it will be gay for the user, not the receiver (translation for newbies: it won't be that good)
I am sure that the throw will be affective in some situations, but I wouldn't want to be defensless even for a few seconds in a fight online. I will probably use it more in the SP game.

"There are many Jedi's out there in the Galaxy, but their is only one True JediMaster and Thats ME"
Jedimaster74 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 10:32 AM   #22
DemonKiller

hmmm, what I wonder is if you can block it and then force grip the thrower before he can catch the saber....would the saber hit him? or would he still catch it?...would it fall?? This game is going to seriously OWN if every possiblity has been thought of!!! Well it'll prolly OWN anyway but you know what I mean...

"If I had all the answers I wouldn't be where I am right now"
"I'm angry and I have a gun, get out of my way"
"excuse me?"
*BANG*
DemonKiller is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Ruining the Saber fun