lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Will JK2 run on a Voodoo 5?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-31-2002, 09:12 PM   #41
Ravioli

Thanks guys worked for me too
Ravioli is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2002, 06:15 PM   #42
TegSkywalker
Old School JKMAG

I just found out the best way was to get a recent, up to date video card. I got sick of tooling with my Voodoo 3 back in the day to make certain games run.

Buy a new video card, it will help you in the long run
TegSkywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2002, 02:40 AM   #43
Erdrick

Thanks for the wickedgl tip guys....using a voodoo3/3000 and it works fine now, though words are still blurry...
Erdrick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2002, 01:46 PM   #44
SlimChance

Well, No luck here. I did everything that was suggested here and no change.

Downloaded WickedGL, change the cfg settings, pointed to the JKII directory and installed. Checked to make sure open32gl.dll file is in the proper directory(even copied into every directory. But NOTHING. Still blank screen on startup, and lockups on loading games.

I've got a temporary workaround from another thread, so I can still play the game. But this fix didn't do anything for me?

Athlon 1gHz
Voodoo 5
256 kRAM
Fortissimo II Sound

Any ideas?

Slim,

SlimChance,

"Only the dead have seen the end of war. "
SlimChance is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2002, 02:21 AM   #45
KRHJEDI

Voodoo5 Jk2 w/ Wicked GL help

ok...i have a V5 and tried using the Wicked GL trick....renaming the exes and what not.....when i try to start the game....the glsetup command window comes up then I get a popup dialog that says error. anyone know what the problem is?
KRHJEDI is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2002, 12:38 PM   #46
iggy2k

just want to say thanks to everyone who contributed to this wee voodoo faq. bought the game a couple of days ago and was quite upset to see what looked like the scrolling text through milk bottle bottoms :P hopefully once ive downed wicked and got ma x3dfx drivers i should be sorted and to think i nearly returned it
iggy2k is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2002, 10:07 PM   #47
bertroid

Try forcing the textures to 16 bits in the V5 advanced settings for OGL. That allowed the movies to play for me in MOHAA and JO.
bertroid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2002, 01:28 AM   #48
DhalgrenJedi

Easy Solution

Just install the driver pack released by NuAngel. You can find them with google. They worked fine for my Voodoo 5.

His drivers are based on WickedGL and the rare unreleased Voodoo 6 driver code.

--
K
DhalgrenJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2002, 01:43 AM   #49
TYorke

Guys, I am not sure if you heard about this or not but there has been a GlideXP Project in the works since last year when Windows XP was released.

http://nat.mine.nu:81/3dfx/glidexp/

The recommended setup is to install the original 3dfx Windows 2000 Drivers WHQL from www.voodoofiles.com, download GlideXP (it only comes with glide2x.dll and glide3x.dll) and copy and paste these files into your Windows\System32 directory.

That's all there is to do, all your games will work with no problems. I run MoHAA and it works fine. Obviously it has some tears but maybe it is just my setup. You tweakers can probably make them disappear and if you do, give me a shout!
TYorke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2002, 07:22 AM   #50
Zylmax

I can now run jk2 on a voodoo2, and that works find. Thanks for posting these tips.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2002, 10:03 AM   #51
LightningBaron

Re: Voodoo5 Jk2 w/ Wicked GL help

Quote:
Originally posted by KRHJEDI
ok...i have a V5 and tried using the Wicked GL trick....renaming the exes and what not.....when i try to start the game....the glsetup command window comes up then I get a popup dialog that says error. anyone know what the problem is?
u shouldnt really rename the exe's, use my tip on the previous page and add the game into wickedgl's game list

[edit] and get the latest drivers from www.x3dfx.com

im running the game on W98SE, 800athlon, V5500 AGP, 512MB RAM, x3dfx drivers, wickedgl...... ZERO problems!
LightningBaron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2002, 03:09 AM   #52
wizard

Voodoo5 works great

This makes me so angry all those people saying how slow and old voodoo 5's are, there the idiots that are running or have seen 1 on slow as 800mhz system im running an athlon 1.333 @1.5ghz and 256meg cas2 ddr ram and im getting 2700 on 3dmark 2001 i have a gf2 32megddr and that only gets 2550, running the v5 on my 866p3 yields only 1800 3dmarks so before you people underestimate the power of a v5 try running it in something with a bit of power and u might get a shock
wizard is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2002, 03:23 AM   #53
wizard

wickedgl works sweeeeet

I actually came here to let you people know that you can run this game properly if you use wickedgl, i was forced to find a way when i found that the game wont load past the cutscene with dessan and luke fighting, now i already had quake3 installed running the wicked gl frivers so i pinched the wickedgl open gl file, but what u can do is get wickedgl from www.voodoofiles.com "the old free version 1b31"
then make a fake quake3 folder make a baseq3 folder in that and put any old exe in there and name it quake3.exe and install the driver there then put it in your jk2 folder and it runs sweeeeeet, after all the wgl driver is made to run voodoo cards and opengl driver in jk2 is made to run nvidia cards
wizard is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2002, 12:35 PM   #54
Recoil

Unhappy WickedGL and MOHAA

Ok, so I did the wickedgl thing...

I downloaded the demo version and tried it with MOHAA... It worked, once!

Now on start up I have the usual press c to continue but when I try to start a new game MOHAA minimises and my PC wants to connect to the internet???? I tell it not to and then try to restore the game, I get the press c to continue, done, but then it crashes??

Any ideas?

Cheers
Recoil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2002, 02:47 AM   #55
Andar72

Re: Re: Voodoo5 Jk2 w/ Wicked GL help

Quote:
Originally posted by LightningBaron

u shouldnt really rename the exe's, use my tip on the previous page and add the game into wickedgl's game list

[edit] and get the latest drivers from www.x3dfx.com

im running the game on W98SE, 800athlon, V5500 AGP, 512MB RAM, x3dfx drivers, wickedgl...... ZERO problems!

What program did you use to edit the .cfg file? I copied your
lines into it and I couldnt get wickedgl to run at all.
Andar72 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2002, 07:01 AM   #56
[*TK*]Mr.Kill

Hey Recoil I have the answer to ur mohaa conneting to the internet!

Just right-click on internet explorer and choose properties then choose the conntions tab. Then select the never dial a connection option click apply then ok. When you are finished playing mohaa if you have to use the internet the just change it back to always dial my default connetion.

Now whats this about wickedGL.......

My Voodoo 4 sucks!

[*TK*]Mr.Kill woz 'ere
[*TK*]Mr.Kill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2002, 07:50 AM   #57
[*TK*]Mr.Kill

System specs:
Windows ME
AMD Athlon 1.2Ghz
128Mb SDRAM
32Mb Voodoo 4 4500 AGP

I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Ive been begging my dad to buy me a GeForce but he wont buy any new grphics card so I thought I was stuck with my voodoo 4 and an eternity of probs but coz of you i downloaded wickedGL and i used it on mohaa and i can now see the movies. Also I can run mohaa on 1024x768 16-bit Extra high detail everything up to full at about 30fps which is great coz without wickdGL it was unplayable!

Thanks alot i am now going to try it with JK 2!

[*TK*]Mr.Kill woz 'ere
[*TK*]Mr.Kill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2002, 10:23 AM   #58
DarthBalls BONG

Wink A Big Wookee ThankYou

UrzaTRI, you truly are a Jedi Master!

MOH: AA And Jedi Knight II now work fine on my Voodoo 5!
Cheers!

Don't **** With A Jedi Master Son
DarthBalls BONG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2002, 10:40 AM   #59
krebsy

Thumbs up I so agree....

Quote:
Originally posted by dansolo
Wicked GL is the only way to fly
If you are using a Voodoo card. INSTALL WICKEDGL!.

K.
krebsy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2002, 12:50 PM   #60
Recoil

Smile Cheers People

Just wanted to say thanks for the wickedgl tips etc....

Thanks Mr.Kill, fingers crossed everythings OK. Hope your dad relents!!!

I am still running a Voodoo3 and I should get GEForce or something, some of my friends have and theyre really beginning to .... me off! Better save up....

Cheers

Recoil
Recoil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2002, 12:55 PM   #61
Avicus

Blurry-ness

Does WickedGL fix the blurry-ness that I have?
I have no problem running the game, except trying to load saved games after I have died.

I see Sky, I see Land, I see all the textures.

The Main Menu words are blurry and so is the captions in the cut-scenes.

Thanks
Avicus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2002, 01:45 PM   #62
Mouthpiece

I also want to add my thanks for the WickedGL tip. Once I realized the correct files to add it to (jk2sp.exe and jk2mp.exe), the game has been running like a dream. I can view all the cutscenes, the loadtime does not take as long, I can load saved games more than once and my computer does not crash.

I am running -
Voodoo5
PIII 800mhz
384 ram

Mouthpiece
Mouthpiece is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2002, 10:22 PM   #63
Luu

Voodoo5 + WinXP = no JO?

Well i dont have a v5.. My friend does..
and i went to this forum many times 2 look for solutions 2 fix his problem. his problem is that he cant see the words.. its like @@$$!@@#$$% or something like that.

He running a Voodoo5 on WinXP..
can some1 plz help me.. so i can help him..

He tried using drivers from x3dfx.com or voodoo files..
and it hasnt help. he tried copying the files opengl.dll , and etc into gamedata.. and nothing has change. Maybe i am missing something..

I WANT 2 HELP HIM..
h_luuluu@hotmail.com .. email me or post a reply if u can help me so i can help him..

HL
Luu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2002, 04:48 AM   #64
Corinco

thanks!!

A special thanks to dansolo and UrzaTRI for their tips on using WickedGL to play Jedi Knight. I almost returned the game to EBworld b/c I didn't want to go buy a Geforce.

I really appreciate it!!

The game runs like a champ on my Voodoo 5500. Cutscenes are perfect, great gamma, absolutely flawless!

take it easy...
Corinco is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2002, 11:43 AM   #65
GoudaSCI

Voodoo3

Hey All, i'm running on a Voodoo3 3000 and the game will run fine for a little while then it just crashes back to windows, no blue screen nothing, just zip and i'm back at the windowns desktop. I've done the WickedGL thing and i still seem to have the problem. Any ideas??
GoudaSCI is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2002, 09:59 PM   #66
rcraven

Thank you SO much...

Just wanted to say thanks to those who gave the WickedGL tips. I'd downloaded the drives from www.x3dfx.com and that hadn't fixed my problems, but WickedGL fixed everything. No more crashes, I could watch the cutscenes, and I can finally play more than one or two multiplayer matches before it crashes. Thank you thank you thank you.

Rob/NiteOwl
rcraven is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2002, 07:48 AM   #67
Leningrad

thanks guys

awesome. wickedGL and all the crud i did to install it works just groovy. no more crashing every time i want to load.

thanks!
Leningrad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2002, 10:18 AM   #68
mr_bratty

Thumbs up Voodoo 5 card

I use a Voodoo 5 5500 AGP card. JKII runs fine except it doesn't seem to want to play the Lucas Arts logo animation or the Star Wars movie intro at the start of the game. All other cutscenes do play and I haven't detected any other glitches other than that when you do a quickload, you won't get a screenshot of the saved game, you get some weird looking thing. But the game itself runs and plays fine.
mr_bratty is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2002, 02:20 PM   #69
SlimChance

mr_batty,

I had the same exact issues you have with my setup. The game ran, but no startup sequences and weird video saved games.

I installed the Wicked GL driver and followed the instructions and it runs great! No problems.

Before my Voodoo 5, I had a Geforce DDR card. That thing would lock up so fast. But that voodoo card is stable, stable, stable. I am going to be so sorry, when I finally have to give it up. With the WickedGL, I get to keep it a little longer.

Slim,

SlimChance,

"Only the dead have seen the end of war. "
SlimChance is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2002, 03:17 PM   #70
Robert

Voodoo2

This game works even on a voodoo2 whit wicked gl
so i am sure it wil work on a voodoo5!!!
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2002, 07:28 PM   #71
LordVanye

Overclocking problems?

Have any of you guys had problems with heat when using WickedGL? My overheat alarm has been going off while playing JKII. I've never had that problem before until I started using Wicked... I went out and bought a new heatsink and fan, but that didn't seem to help.
Any ideas?
LordVanye is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2002, 10:34 PM   #72
meadfish

My Voodoo 3 2000 results......

I have my old pc in my son's room: AMD K62/500, 256ram, voodoo 3 2000. I was getting garbled lettering in MP so I tried most of the stuff on this page. I did not do the renaming senario because most seem to think that is unnecessary. What worked for me was to open the Wicked 3d file folder and copy the opengl32.dll driver and put it in the Outcast folder. I notice there was not one there already, only the openAl32.dll driver? I created a new folder to keep that in just in case. Seemed to work fine. I will test fps with this against the hi-res wicked driver, but i assume on this pc the regular will be best.
meadfish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2002, 11:28 PM   #73
Murasame

Thanks to everyone for these wickedgl tips. The game is running nearly perfectly now, there's only one problem I still have. I can't see the sky. Even after attempting the sky fixes already posted here I'm still unable to see anything. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Any help would be greatly apprecited. And BTW, great job on making an excellent post to everyone who has contributed!
Murasame is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2002, 12:32 PM   #74
stridder9

dozer 1.1 for xp

I loaded Dozer 1.1 off of 3dfx.com a couple for days ago and I finaly got the intitial cut screens of jk to work. But when the game came to a screen with a star field it freezes, solid. I have tried tweaking the 3dfx tools kit I downloaded and cannot get the thing to work. So I will try the wickedgl as soon as I get home tonight.
Wish me luck and many thx.
stridder9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2002, 11:34 AM   #75
NAWIBO

help me please before i put a bullet in my head
I have a voodoo 5 5500 agp running on xp.Well before I tried some of this stuff I couldn"t even get this game to open up without it freezing up my computer.Now after trying the wickedgl thing it opens but I dont get the scenes and when the start screen comes up the words are so distorted I dont know where to go
This wickedgl thing worked great with mohaa though.What drivers are you using.
NAWIBO is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2002, 05:02 PM   #76
LightningBaron

Re: Re: Re: Voodoo5 Jk2 w/ Wicked GL help

Quote:
Originally posted by Andar72

What program did you use to edit the .cfg file? I copied your
lines into it and I couldnt get wickedgl to run at all.
windows notepad, just add the two lines under the line for Hitman and dont alter anything else, and it should be fine. just make sure u add it to the list of games, DO NOT add it at the start of the file or at the very end, it has to be in the games list
LightningBaron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2002, 05:30 PM   #77
stupidV5

damn freakin V5s and the lack of drivers

Hey 1st of all I want to thank everyone on this topic that posted tips and fixes I thank you people much it helped me to go from seeing nothing and locking up my comp to being able to play IN SINGLE PLAYER!
I just have two more proplems I cant seem to fix.
I am useing the WickidGL trick and that is how I get it to work in single player. but it only seems to work in chessy 640x480 and that is it. If I try to change and apply the settings that wickedGL message comes up and then the comp resets itself..... Any ideas?

The other proplem is multiplayer. What can I say it just won't lunch at all in multiplayer mode. again any ideas?

Thanks again for your help people.
stupidV5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2002, 01:31 PM   #78
Shadow_Drone

Question

I have a voodoo3 card, and i've gotten the game to run almost perfectly, (I'm quite surprised how well it runs on my archaic k6-2 450 and 64MB SDRAM) yet one problem remains. The opening crawl is unreadable. I can't read it, I dont even know what it says, its too blurry. Other than that somewhat minor problem, the game runs fine.
Shadow_Drone is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2002, 01:57 PM   #79
stuzzy

3dfx Underground

A good site where some people still work on drivers and utilities.

3dfx Underground
stuzzy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2002, 11:42 PM   #80
simonsel

Unhappy

some1 help me out please!

windows xp, voodoo 4, i am using wicked gl (demo version)

without wicked gl i couldnt play at all, pc froze at start. installed wicked gl: still cant see intro movies (only on safe mode) and more important I CANT CHANGE THE LOW RESOLUTION 640x480. everytime i try to change the resolution i get the wicked gl demo message and computer freezes. the game runs perfectly with that resolution, perfect load and save, i can see sky, i think no blurriness?. thank you for your support.
simonsel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Help Center > Technical Help > Will JK2 run on a Voodoo 5?