lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: What's the first thing you'll do when you get it?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-21-2002, 09:11 PM   #1
dan-o2

What's the first thing you'll do when you get it?

I have so many ideas running through my head of what I'll first do... I want to wallwalk... I want to slam a stormtrooper around, write "dan-o2 was here" in the walls with my lightsaber, settle once and for all if there's dismembering or not on a hapless stormie... back flip off of a wall and cut straight through a chasing trooper... (I did it in tenchu ) get into duels with reborns, yank lightsabers out of their grasp and cut them down... Just so many possible things to do and I'm so excited... What will you do?

<embed="wit"></embed>
dan-o2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 09:21 PM   #2
Jedimaster74

Welcome to the Boards Dan-02. The first thing I am going to do once I start playing this game is get involved with the single player for a little while just to get the hang of the game than I will probably end up playing Multiplayer either CTF or Lightsaber Dual Matches.

"There are many Jedi's out there in the Galaxy, but their is only one True JediMaster and Thats ME"
Jedimaster74 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 09:21 PM   #3
eastcoast2895

i will enter the single player bot multiplayer so i can:
first i try doing a backstab, don't care if someone ain't behind me, just gotta try (unless you can only do it with someone behing you), then use force grip 3 and just toy with the person, enter a good duel (where hopefully i will get my butt wooped considering this is the first time i try to), flip, flip, flip, wall walk, use all force powers, hey does anyone know if you can twirl your lightsaber like obi-wan kenobi in ep1. also thinking about how each jedi in the movies have a different style, i wonder how long until each of us can develop a style of our own.
eastcoast2895 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 09:22 PM   #4
Sithcloak

I was going to have a holocron match with bots, but i want to earn the saber through single player so i'm going to beat that first and then head on to multi player.

Sithcloak

"It is obvious we can not settle this contest by our knowledge of the force, but by our skills with a lightsaber."
Sithcloak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 09:26 PM   #5
dan-o2

Wow, I didn't really expect replies so fast. And thank you for the welcome.

<embed="wit"></embed>
dan-o2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 09:29 PM   #6
Euk

I never got welcomed.
Euk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 09:29 PM   #7
HBK

AAARRRGGGHHH why do I have to log in every 15 minutes!!!!????

Anyhow, I'm going to get some sabre training with some bots then head into sabre only MP w/ victims, I mean humans.

I wouldn't worry about MP eastcoast2895. Everyone else is going to have the same experience you will, 0.

EUK, welcome aboard! [sarcasm]I hope your future posts are as insightful and thought provoking. [/sarcasm] Really, welcome to the Forums.

This thread was done by the way, page 3: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...threadid=34648

HBK

"When kissed by the sword of Vengeance
Your head lays there by your side"

"Oh people, know that you have commited great sins. If you ask me what proof I have for these words, I say it is because I am the punishment of God. If you had not commited great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you!"
Genghis Khan, 1220
HBK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 09:34 PM   #8
DarthDuke

I'll play single player until I get stuck on some kind of puzzle or boss. Then i'll play any one of the multi-player options to relieve my anger at not being able to solve that puzzle or boss.
DarthDuke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 09:36 PM   #9
Yautja

Single player first of course, on hardest difficulty to make it last.
then probably bots, since it may take awhile for multiplayer servers to come up, here in australia anyway.
Yautja is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 09:36 PM   #10
eastcoast2895

actually HBK i was talking about dueling the bots, stupid 56k modem, i'd gladly get my butt wooped by humans if people are willing to deal with the lag that probably will occur. but i really hope the bots are a challenge, if not.....no thinking thoughts of the dark side.
eastcoast2895 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 09:38 PM   #11
Jedimaster74

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Euk
I never got welcomed.
Hi and Welcome to the Forums Euk

"There are many Jedi's out there in the Galaxy, but their is only one True JediMaster and Thats ME"
Old 03-21-2002, 09:54 PM   #12
Euk

Man I love it here. I'm part of the tfc community and all it is is flames and cheat accusations. I'm sure there's a bit of that over here but at least the moderators try to keep it to a minimum. Over there its any thing goes. I'm thinking about making a community move.
Euk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 10:01 PM   #13
Jedimaster74

This is the best forum I have ever been too. People here are helpful and most of all MATURE. I like the way the Moderators don't tolerate Flaming from Idiots. I won't mention any Names, but Stormy knows who I am talking About (Just Think of the Letter O) Keep up the Good Work Guys.

Old 03-21-2002, 10:08 PM   #14
HBK

Quote:
Originally posted by eastcoast2895
actually HBK i was talking about dueling the bots, stupid 56k modem, i'd gladly get my butt wooped by humans if people are willing to deal with the lag that probably will occur. but i really hope the bots are a challenge, if not.....no thinking thoughts of the dark side.
My bad. 56k, ouch. But to answer your 'question', bots will have multiple difficulty levels.

HBK

HBK

"When kissed by the sword of Vengeance
Your head lays there by your side"

"Oh people, know that you have commited great sins. If you ask me what proof I have for these words, I say it is because I am the punishment of God. If you had not commited great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you!"
Genghis Khan, 1220
HBK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 10:09 PM   #15
MuRaSaMuNe

I am going to look at the box for 2 days and wait for 3 months to play it on a computer that can run Quake 3 without it crashing from shooting to fast
MuRaSaMuNe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 10:34 PM   #16
Necro

Quote:
Originally posted by Euk
I never got welcomed.

neither did i
Necro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 10:37 PM   #17
Miss_Stalker

I'm gonna jump up and down, scream like a mad person and die
Miss_Stalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 10:37 PM   #18
Minimaul

Play single player for awhile , till i get controls down a bit. And used to weapons and physics. Then head onto the Multiplayer world and get 0wned like I do with everyother game.

:0
Minimaul is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 10:38 PM   #19
Darth Ergotht

I,ll play a bit single player. To get used to the controls. I,ll maybe 4 or 5 levels if I'm not too excited that I'll get the saber in level 5. After that I'll kink my froend's butt in a LAN game. And after I'll be ready to take on the whole world just by myself !

"When we will see each other on the battlefield I won't be so easy on you like I am now"
Darth Ergotht is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 11:33 PM   #20
Lnt. Kechtt

I'm suprised you have to ask about that we're going to do. It's plain as the nose on my face, yes I have a nose. We're going to play it.

You watching the hand!? (Thwack!) You should have been watching the foot.

Yub, Yub Everyone!
Lnt. Kechtt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 11:37 PM   #21
hahadude

I too will play a little bit of the SP then go to the MP almost right away. I need to make sure to get my reputation out as the worst JO player in the world.

hAHaDuDE
hahadude is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 11:38 PM   #22
SaberPro
00 Agent

How's that JKII.net clan coming?

SaberPro
Alliance of the Jedi (AOJ)
ZoneFriend = AOJ_SaberPro

"The Force is with you young Skywalker...but you are not a Jedi yet!" - Darth Vader
SaberPro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 11:43 PM   #23
hahadude

Hey, I'm going to start a clan with only the worst JO players. We will be called...the worst JO players. Thats wjop. Yeah...that will be sweet...

hAHaDuDE
Old 03-21-2002, 11:48 PM   #24
SaberPro
00 Agent

Cool Guy

How do you know that you are the worst?!

Have some confidence The game isn't out....yet

SaberPro

"The Force is with you young Skywalker...but you are not a Jedi yet!" - Darth Vader
Old 03-21-2002, 11:54 PM   #25
hahadude

What little faith you have...I don't know FOR SURE that I will be the worst, its just this feeling that I have...deep down in my pants...

hAHaDuDE
Old 03-21-2002, 11:58 PM   #26
SaberPro
00 Agent

Quote:
Originally posted by hahadude
What little faith you have...I don't know FOR SURE that I will be the worst, its just this feeling that I have...deep down in my pants...
lol

Just remember, no one (well, except the Aussies ) has played the game before. You and all the other people are starting at (almost) the same time. It's a fair competition

SaberPro

Old 03-22-2002, 12:20 AM   #27
DemonKiller

I'll install it on my computer

after that though I'll prolly do what DarthDuke said he'd do.

"If I had all the answers I wouldn't be where I am right now"
"I'm angry and I have a gun, get out of my way"
"excuse me?"
*BANG*
DemonKiller is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2002, 01:23 AM   #28
Arimus

- Admire the art work on the box
- Double check the system requirements and morun at the fact that my PIII 500 probably won't run it too well
- Install
- Run through the training if there is one
- Play single player for a while
- When I feel confident, hook up to a mulitplayer game if there are any
- Other wise I will do some BOT match stuff
- Revert to SP and try and beat it on all difficulty levels

Be quick or be DEAD!!!
Arimus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2002, 01:33 AM   #29
Harbinger

Welcome Euk!

I think I'm regular enough to welcome members aboard now. I'm about lose my 'Bantha Fodder' moniker... even though I've grown rather fond of it. I'm not very fond of becoming a 'Pit Droid' however... sounds more like a demotion than a promotion.

I never got a welcome either when I joined up. It was more like a flame from someone with over 1000 posts. Eesh. Some people are idiots but the overwhelming majority of people here are friendly folks.

Eesh, I sound like some sort of 76-year old cripple. I'll quit before I further embarass myself.

Anyways... back to the thread topic.

First thing I'm going to do is fix them godforsaken controls. The ONE THING I hate most about the JK games are the (dang) force power keys. Talk about stretching your fingers... Kevin Garnett would OWN at this game.

After that I was planning on SP... but I'm going to opt to play some MP with bots. Gives me a chance to test out the controls and get a feel for all the weapons.
Harbinger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2002, 04:22 AM   #30
TUS_Tomcat

Quote:
Originally posted by Euk
I'm part of the tfc community and all it is is flames and cheat accusations. ...... I'm thinking about making a community move.
Just dont tell the guys at TFC community that you're leaving and where to... Dont need them

[EDIT] And to answer your question, once I have installed it (if the install works!!!) I'll first play the singleplayer at LEAST till I get my saber and duel my first saber wielding enemy... Then I might continue if its really fun or go in a bot match with saber...

I will NOT do a bot match with saber before I "earned" it in single player...

So I'm seriously considering not to download a demo, SHOULD one be released before the game is...
[/EDIT]

Founder of the PWSL

Pro White Sabercore League

(non racist organisation!)
TUS_Tomcat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2002, 05:03 AM   #31
Furious Fish

sigle player on jedi difficulty (do they still have that ) all the way through for sure
Furious Fish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2002, 05:38 AM   #32
Scrobes

Open the manual, and inhale the aroma within it.

Scrobes is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2002, 06:27 AM   #33
Kuluwen

I will play and beat the singleplayer...... When i am unstopable in singleplayer i will advance to multi.

Thats what i did in Wolfenstein and it worked out pretty well and the game is still fun. If u hop right into to MP then the singleplayer game usually gets pretty boring. So ill play and beat single on medium-hard difficulty before i spend weeks on MP =P

Eric
Kuluwen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2002, 06:55 AM   #34
nK_Archangel

Come on, its STAR WARS!

Like AnY of you are going to be able to resist trying to finish the singleplayer in a single sitting once the immortal strains of ''The Imperial March'' and ''Binary Sunset'' hit the airways!

I remember the first time you come across stormtroopers in JK, ''Imperial March'' starts up and you realise that you really have no option but to go absolutely besERK with your humming lightsaber...

The first thing I'll do is read the manual. Love savouring the moment before plunging in...

lol, so to speak.

''The prince of darkness is a gentleman''.

- Shakespeare, King Lear, III, iv
nK_Archangel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2002, 07:13 AM   #35
Kuluwen

Lol yeah i always buy the game and read the manual all the way through just so i dont have to check it once im playing. I was gonna go see if i could buy a copy of the manual before the 27th cause my dads friend works at EB. Doubt it will happen but im gonna ask anyways..

Eric
Old 03-22-2002, 07:14 AM   #36
Wraith Nine

@nK_Archangel:
Couldn't have said it any better !
Wraith Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2002, 07:47 AM   #37
milestone

Probably play it on easy the wuss that I am (I'm still tormented by MoH's Sniper level on anything harder than Easy). According to a interview, the puzzles will actually change per difficulty. I like the sound of that, more games should do that; not just add more enemies or make them annoyingly accurate.

Hopefully they put a fair amount of effort into the manual, I love reading them before playing the game, puts you in the mood, especially if it's a really well done manual such as Empire Earth of MGS2 (where the manual tutorial is a mini-comic strip).

I'm guessin that us aussies probably will get it the same time as the americans after all this, if not later. The irony of it all...
milestone is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2002, 07:59 AM   #38
thrEEpaGe

actually i think that the aussies will get it well before us...on the otehr hand, i will play jk2 all the way through friday morning and till it takes me to get done...then ill set up a multi character, set up my elite hotkeys, own some people on multiplayer, own some more people, own some more people...burn it off for backup purposes (heh ill share it with a friend who we share all the games we buy) and then own some more people...

What does Bob Dole think? Bob Dole thinks he's a doofus!

Later Losers!
OUT!
thrEEpaGe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2002, 08:04 AM   #39
Kuluwen

Will the game require a free account to play online like Tribes 2?
And will u need the CD in the computer to play it? Cause in Wolf u dont need a password or the cd to play multiplayer just the cd key. So with RtCW u can download it on your friends computer and type in the Cd key and he can play online also and the SP for free. So you prolly wont even have to let your friend barrow it u can just download it on his comp if its anything like RtCW.

Eric
Old 03-22-2002, 08:23 AM   #40
Jedimaster74

Maybe Chang from Raven can answer that question or one of the Moderators.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > What's the first thing you'll do when you get it?