lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: light/dark
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-22-2002, 09:24 AM   #1
Furious Fish

light/dark

just wondering (cause i never played jk 1 enough to find out)
how does the choice of progressing to either light or dark side work? do you just get to choose which to allocate points to at the end of each mission or does the game choose for you based on your gameplay (in a kind of black & white* style way)

* oaergh i mentinoed teh worst game ever i hav sinned must purify self honorably argh argh *harakiri*
Furious Fish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2002, 10:27 AM   #2
SithLord19

yeah it is the evil things u do makes u wonder to the darkside
but it doesn't effect the gameplay u still gotta kill the sith even if if u have sith powers

Ps join the darkside or suffer like the rest of the jedi
SithLord19 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2002, 10:28 AM   #3
dazilla

Basically, if you don't kill civilians you progress towards the light side, if you kill civilians and droids you progress towards the dark side.
dazilla is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2002, 10:37 AM   #4
Miracleasd

choosing darkside powers and killing innocent civilians takes you to the dark side

choosing light side powers and not killing civilians takes you to the light side.

civs had a minor impact, force powers had a fair impact

http://www.bulletvest.com/tdlmod
Miracleasd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2002, 10:38 AM   #5
dazilla

You can't choose the dark powers if you're light side, can you?
dazilla is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2002, 10:55 AM   #6
Lnt. Kechtt

Nope, or we would all be in trouble. Dark jedi that can heal themselfs and suck in others powers would be a big pain in the butt. Thank goodness for that.

Go light side!

You watching the hand!? (Thwack!) You should have been watching the foot.

Yub, Yub Everyone!
Lnt. Kechtt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2002, 10:57 AM   #7
thrEEpaGe

actually, in real life SW (heh) i don't see any problem with dark peeps having light powers....after all, jedi arent born evil...i would guess, though that the extent of their light powers doesnt gain when they go dark...hmm..oh well in jk2 i doubt that you can be both light and dark in same char...

What does Bob Dole think? Bob Dole thinks he's a doofus!

Later Losers!
OUT!
thrEEpaGe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2002, 11:02 AM   #8
Zek

This is all nice and good, but in case you guys want to know how it actually is; there is no Light/Dark distinction in JK2 singleplayer. It doesn't keep track of your alignment, and you automatically get abilities and higher levels of these abilities as you progress. In multiplayer, you choose between light and dark and can allocate force powers yourself. I like the SP system better; in JK/MotS, the levels couldn't take advantage of your force powers much because they couldn't know what you had. This way there can actually be force puzzles in the game.
Zek is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2002, 11:10 AM   #9
Miracleasd

actualy in JK1 you could have a mix of force powers up to a certain level. it was quite possible to have heal and grip in SP and MP. its just that most MP games had either jedi lord or no force.

http://www.bulletvest.com/tdlmod
Miracleasd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2002, 11:14 AM   #10
eastcoast2895

maybe its just me, even though i didn't try it. i think if you only choose light side powers, but killed a lot of civilians you'd still be a lightside jedi. it seemed more important what powers you choose than who you killed when determining what side of the force you were on. but i could be wrong
eastcoast2895 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2002, 11:15 AM   #11
Zek

You can have a mix of force powers in JK1 in a full force game, too. Just use a low enough force level character(6, I think).

It hasn't been said whether or not this is possible in JK2.
Zek is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2002, 01:59 PM   #12
eastcoast2895

i think since sp doesn't have specific light/dark powers, mp will have let you choose any force power and combine them. in jk1 mp the only way to get protection and deadly sight was to be totally dark or light, which i don't think can happen in jk1 if they don't categorize the powers in choosing. but on their website they say whether a force power is light or dark. i wonder how the storyline will incorporate the fact that kyle can learn both light and dark powers.
eastcoast2895 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > light/dark