lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Question about MP...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-27-2002, 12:20 AM   #1
jedielite

Question about MP...

Hi, I just registered after reading the forums for a bit, I have a fast computer(p4 1.8ghz to be exact) but I have dial-up, do you think this game will be unplayable with 56k like with games like Quake 3??? I plan to get cable soon though, but I still wanna play online. Thank you for your time and I hope you all have fun playing this great game
jedielite is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 12:29 AM   #2
Thrawn
Grand Admiral

As long as you don't play any huge games with 16 or 32 players, and try to make sure somebody with a cable.dsl/t1 is hosting, you shouldn't have too much trouble.

"Politicians campaign in poetry and govern in prose."
ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,HPGR_Thrawn, Rogue 6
Born And Bred In XWA Country
Thrawn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 12:36 AM   #3
lyxzen

i have cable but i've been playing on overseas servers with a 100-200 ping & have played all the quakes on dialup at one stage.. dont expect to hit a lot of stuff with lead weaps like (pretty much everything) blaster/bowcaster/etc its pretty hard.. but you can still have tonnes of fun with it on a high ping, movement & force power use was fine...
lyxzen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 12:57 AM   #4
SITH_ShadowCat

I've played AVP2 on a 56k and if there arn't that much peeps in one game and the host isn't a 56 also then the game ran smooth. Of course cable is better but 56 is playble(-ish). So I hop that the net code is jus as good. But if its not ou should look for things like these to play a perfect game: T1 or T3 modem host (cable could get laggy when they host so they arn't perfect) and Dadcaded (sp?) servers boosts the hosts bandwith by a tone!(if its a good modem taht is! I'd love to see a 56 as a dadcaded host) Hope that helped cause it sure helps me when looking for a non lag fun game

"These blast marks, too accurate for a controller. Only a mouse and keyboard are so precise"
SITH_ShadowCat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 01:10 AM   #5
SPY_jmr1
The Quiet, but Deadly One

welcome guys hear *forks 2 over lightsaber(re) candy bar gifts TM* enjoy your stay!

Spy
SPY_jmr1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Question about MP...