lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: EB Status
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-27-2002, 07:02 AM   #1
Apparition

EB Status

I went from processing to open and now back to processing. Anyone else have something different?
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 01:17 PM   #2
Patton

I have "On Hold."

I've never gotten that message before, but I think that means they are holding it until they can ship it.

If I don't get it tomorrow, someone is going to be destroyed.
Patton is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 01:19 PM   #3
Daedelus

Back to processing means they are authorizing your CC. They changed their web site to say that JK2 is "Now Shipping." Don't lose heart!!

D

~ Daedelus ~
"This ain't like dustin' crops, boy!"
Daedelus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 01:20 PM   #4
Makkoan

"On Hold" for me

I am lying.

Am I lying?

If I were lying, I would be telling the truth.
If I were telling the truth, I would be lying.

Or maybe I lied about the whole thing.
Makkoan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 01:45 PM   #5
KungFuFighting

I'm On Hold too. I've sent an email to them to see what that ment but haven't received anything back. Does anyone know exactly what it means?
KungFuFighting is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 01:47 PM   #6
Razarblade

It could mean that you pre-ordered too late and they ran out of copies. Don't know for sure though. Mine still says processing.
Razarblade is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 01:49 PM   #7
The Wibble

I see the young have much to learn. NEVER Pre-Order I have done it twice and on both occasions the game arrived late. It was horrible the game was out in the shops but I could not get it because I had pre ordered it. I'm just glad I can walk into a shop tomorrow morning as soon as the shop opens and physcialy grab a copy.

I will pray for the safe journey of your game.
The Wibble is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 01:53 PM   #8
Aik

The game has shipped... Got mine at EB this afternoon...

------------------------------------

The Aik
Aik is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 02:15 PM   #9
Patton

Err... I just called EB. Apparently there was something wrong with my order processing, and it needed to be re-sent. They say it takes 24 hours or some **** like that to re-verify, so if you get the "On Hold" message, I would suggest giving them a call.

I'll be taking tomorrow off to head out to my local mall to see if the game is there. If it is... yay me. If not, grr. I can't believe this happened. I've used this same credit card and account info before, and never had a problem with their service with previous orders.
Old 03-27-2002, 02:26 PM   #10
UseDaAgression

I never got that message = ' )
UseDaAgression is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 02:37 PM   #11
LordRikerQ

goddamn ebgames, mine still says processing they always do this, they ship my games like a day later then most other people no matter how early i pre order, I even ordered JO CE as soon as they put it in there database. yea ebgames sucks
LordRikerQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 02:44 PM   #12
Zobob

Okay, so why is it on hold AFTER it was open? Stupid EB.
Zobob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 02:45 PM   #13
Makkoan

Stupid EB

I am lying.

Am I lying?

Old 03-27-2002, 02:45 PM   #14
RiseForth

Hopefully this will help. I got this from an EB support person...

Quote:
On hold:
We are currently waiting for the verification department to verify your information. This usually takes 24 hours from the time you placed the order. Make sure to check your email inbox and email bulk folder in case we have tried to contact you.

Processing:
We are in the process of verifying all your information: address, Credit Card info is valid, and that the shipping address is in fact an address that you would like it to go to. Sometimes this means our warehouse has already begun shipping.

Open:
Your information all checked out, your account is ok, and we are we are waiting for the product to get into the warehouse. If the item is in stock, then we may just be waiting to begin shipping, which can take up to 24 hours from the time your order was placed.

Shipped:
Product has been shipped out and is on route to your home. If you purchased online, you can view your order status at:
https://www.ebgames.com/ebx/myaccoun...us/default.asp
-RiseForth
RiseForth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 02:46 PM   #15
B0MBER II

ya mine says processing too

and you who said preordering is bad, your wrong

When I preorder online from ebgames.com, i get my game before the stores even open in the morning, it happened 9 times and tomorrow it shall be the 10th time

Chicago Cubs... #1
B0MBER II is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 03:00 PM   #16
Patton

Whats confusing is that mine said "waiting for product" up until yesterday. Thats self-explanitory. Then it switched to "open." By their definition, I was all checked out, and all they needed was the product to be shipped to me.

But then it went to "On Hold." So according to that, I back tracked two steps. Blech.
Old 03-27-2002, 03:34 PM   #17
capbob

Mine was saying "On Hold" since about yesterday afternoon. Been checking it for a while and it just changed to "Processing". Hopefully it'll change to "Shipping" soon

Can't wait for this game! I've been playing JK1 and MotS for the passed 3 days
capbob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 03:45 PM   #18
Shark747

Just to let you guys know, I've ordered stuff from EB before and it didnt even ship until 11pm that night, and I still got it the next day. Don't start sweating until midnight.
Shark747 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 03:50 PM   #19
The Wibble

Quote:
ya mine says processing too

and you who said preordering is bad, your wrong

When I preorder online from ebgames.com, i get my game before the stores even open in the morning, it happened 9 times and tomorrow it shall be the 10th time
Sure you MIGHT get it before as you usually have. However there is no gaurantee. This post (and many just like it) has been created because people are concerned about their game not arriving on time. The piece of mind of knowing you can just walk into the store and buy at your own leisure is a great thing IMO.
The Wibble is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 03:51 PM   #20
Patton

mine just changed to open. there's hope for me yet!
Old 03-27-2002, 03:55 PM   #21
Silent_Thunder

24 hours before they send the item?? This is seriously messed up (to use a more polite way of saying it), I preordered on the 15th, all my credit card info was correct, and I ordered next day. But I'll be getting it on Friday or Monday instead?? It should be Thursday...

!#@$ing EB.
Silent_Thunder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 04:34 PM   #22
Shark747

They put the 24 hours thing in there because they dont constantly ship out packages. You may place your order right after the delivery truck comes to pickup their stuff. Then they wouldnt be able to ship it till the next day. Since you pre-ordered it should ship today. Like I said, give it till about 11pm-12am est, then you will know if it shipped. If not...give'em hell. I know it would piss me off.
Shark747 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 05:05 PM   #23
Tasuki

I'm guessing friday since its processing now and I got 2 day. I uually get mine real early too before I wake up and then my mom grabs it and holds onto it till she can bribe me. But I will be sleeping all through thursday so that won't happen this time. UNless they don ship cause its good friday.
Tasuki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 06:39 PM   #24
Apparition

Quote:
Originally posted by The Wibble
I see the young have much to learn. NEVER Pre-Order I have done it twice and on both occasions the game arrived late. It was horrible the game was out in the shops but I could not get it because I had pre ordered it. I'm just glad I can walk into a shop tomorrow morning as soon as the shop opens and physcialy grab a copy.

I will pray for the safe journey of your game.
Actually, I've never had a bad preorder experience. I've always gotten it a day or two before it hits stores.
Old 03-27-2002, 06:58 PM   #25
RiseForth

There is mail delivery on Good Friday in the USA!

~The United States Postal Service DOES deliver mail on Good Friday.
http://www.usps.com/news/fyi/evnthol.htm

~FedEX DOES deliever on Good Friday!
http://www.fedex.com/cgi-bin/fastfacts_holidays.cgi

~UPS DOES deliever on Good Friday!
http://www.ups.com/using/custserv/doop.html

You have nothing to worry about!

-RiseForth
RiseForth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 07:02 PM   #26
Makkoan

Heres my record:

Waiting For Product
Open
On Hold
Open
Proccecing

What next? Back to Wating For Product?

I am lying.

Am I lying?

Last edited by Makkoan; 03-27-2002 at 07:29 PM.
Old 03-27-2002, 07:28 PM   #27
Silent_Thunder

First mine said Waiting for product, then it said "On Hold" now it says "proccessing".

Is that good? It's 2:30 right now, is there any chance it will be shipped today?
Silent_Thunder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 07:40 PM   #28
Rat Boy

From http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/help/faq5.asp#QQ

I pre-ordered a game and the release date is today. Why does your Web site still show the status as processing?
EBgames.com tries to get every game into your hands at the earliest possible date. To accomplish this, we sometimes use external resources that ship the product directly from the source, thereby eliminating any handling time that we might add to the delivery. This occasionally results in the game being shipped well before we get tracking numbers and order statuses processed into our system. Our systems are updated as soon as we get the data back from the external resource. When time is of the essence, we place the priority on getting the product to you rather than updating our records because, in the end, getting the product to you is what it is all about.
Rat Boy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 07:42 PM   #29
Tasuki

mine said processing a few hours ago I think I'll spleep today and tommorow so I have to wait less.
Tasuki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 07:46 PM   #30
Makkoan

Quote:
Originally posted by Rat Boy
From http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/help/faq5.asp#QQ

I pre-ordered a game and the release date is today. Why does your Web site still show the status as processing?
EBgames.com tries to get every game into your hands at the earliest possible date. To accomplish this, we sometimes use external resources that ship the product directly from the source, thereby eliminating any handling time that we might add to the delivery. This occasionally results in the game being shipped well before we get tracking numbers and order statuses processed into our system. Our systems are updated as soon as we get the data back from the external resource. When time is of the essence, we place the priority on getting the product to you rather than updating our records because, in the end, getting the product to you is what it is all about.
Yay!!!

I am lying.

Am I lying?

Old 03-27-2002, 07:58 PM   #31
Ferretous

I called EB today, and they were adamant that the pre-orders were going to go out today, and that there might be some lag time updating the site. The CS person was quite certain that I would have it in my hands tomorrow.
Ferretous is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 08:01 PM   #32
Bowen

Well I've called every store that would have it save Circuit City because I don't think they will have it and no one has it in here in So. Ca. EB did say that they should have it tomorrow and the store when I'm located said the truck usually comes in about noon so I've got 21 hours left from the time of this post.

B O W E N
Bowen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 08:08 PM   #33
Apparition

I talked to EB and they said they started shipping this afternoon. If you had overnight then expect it tomorrow.
Old 03-27-2002, 08:33 PM   #34
Bacon00

Why couldn't they have released this game yesterday?? With my luck, my "2-day shipping" will fall over to MONDAY, and I'll have to wait out the entire weekend. That would suck big time.

I was gonna pay for overnight, but it's $5, and in the long run I'd rather have $5 then a game one day earlier.

But I better get it on Friday or I will be pissed.
Bacon00 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 08:36 PM   #35
Apparition

Overnight for me was $3.95. Small price to pay I think.
Old 03-27-2002, 08:43 PM   #36
d4rth_b0b4

well just think on the light side.... we get jk2 t shirts

d4rth
d4rth_b0b4 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 08:46 PM   #37
Apparition

Everyone who preordered it does.
Old 03-27-2002, 09:09 PM   #38
Apparition

Mine says shipped. damn right. hehe
Old 03-27-2002, 09:12 PM   #39
Cookie319

Finally, something changed on my order..

its showing the tracking info on the bottom now.. the pulls out a FedEx page that says it can't find the order.. (probably not in the system yet)

Still says "Processing" on the page though
Cookie319 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2002, 09:17 PM   #40
The Kessel Run

No one who ordered from EB should worry, they've recently begun a bad habit of taking forever to update people's accounts about when they'll ship. I had exactly the same experience when I pre-ordered Red Faction in September and Max Payne in July. I called both times about my order's status and was worried even when I woke up the following morning and my order status was STILL 'processing.' That was about the time I called back on Red Faction, ready to make some demands when my door bell rang: It was FedEx with my package. So really, don't sweat it if you ordered Next Day Air it will be in your hands tomorrow.

--oh hell yes, 30 seconds after posting this I check my order again and I have tracking info as well. The Truth Has Been Revealed. Unfortunately the tracking info probably won't be updated until 2 A.M., watching the package's status is almost more fun than getting the game itself.

(kidding )
The Kessel Run is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > EB Status