lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: LOADING TIMES: if you have slow loads, read this
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-14-2003, 02:02 AM   #121
AngryCookieman

This problem is not an amd or voodo problem. I was having it with a pentium 4 and nvida gf2. I fixed it by going back to the 44.03 drivers from last year. Now I cold load in about 20sec and warm load in maybe 5. I think that the newer drivers are not really optimized for the geforce cards, just the fx series. This also fixed the extreme lag in the menus and in-game video problems I was having. I suspect a similar problem with the other cards drivers. And to the person who said it was creative's problem, i'm using the audigy2 with no problems at all, and the sound is great. Hope this helps someone
AngryCookieman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-29-2003, 07:32 AM   #122
Zubaz

i have windows xp service pack 1, 128 mb ram AMD athlon 1600+ with a geforce 2 mx with latest drivers and i get awesome load times on 1024x768x32 on very high. Introduction 23 seconds, death 5 seconds, quick save/load almost instant!
Zubaz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2003, 09:13 PM   #123
big-cross
Rookie

i had a problem with loading but fixed

specs
p4 3.0 h.t.
64 meg nivida card
512 mg ddr 3200 ram
5400 rpm hard drive

as of right now i am building that computer part by part (on avery pay check i put some thing better in it) back to what was saying,
had slow load time but only after i did a lot of downloading (stuped kazaa) but i got this program from kazaa it's cald pc booster. i really dident think to much of it tell i tryed it. it did good really good. my pc now run so much better with faster load time.
give it a try you might like it.

p.s wacht what you get from kazaa it may be a virus. keep bull dog(your kazaa anti-virus) or your anti-virus up to date.

over and out
big-cross is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2003, 07:34 PM   #124
eniaC

mmmmkay....

System:
Dell Dim. 4300
1.4 P4
two 256 sdrRAM sticks (cant add any more)
GeForce 2 MX/MX 400
Virtual Mem. set to 1676 (don't let windows manage)

I have perfectly fine load times and FPS rate's with this lemon, surely you can do better.

1)delete cookies and temp. files regularly.
2)crank up that VM
3)set details to high not very high
4)turn detailed shaders off.
5)set shadows to simple
6)wallmarks and llightflares off

With these setting you can still enjoy the beautiful graphics along with good performance, but tweaking and adjusting to your own system's needs and running different settings is the best way to find the settings your sustem runs best.

eniaC

*edited* Oh yeah, my Cable conn. plays a imp. part in my load times (downloads are about 176kbps on average, don't really know my rate and all that jazz)
eniaC is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Help Center > Technical Help > LOADING TIMES: if you have slow loads, read this