lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Double Bladed Saber a reality?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-30-2002, 06:14 PM   #81
spite

This is the thanks I get for sharing the knowledge with all of you? You'll get no more from me anytime soon. I'm already starting to wish I hadn't done my duty to begin with.

Sorry Toshiya, but these people are ingrates and deserve nothing.

For the rest of you
While cheats are on, holster your saber
/THEDESTROYER

Is that good enough for you?
C L
First there are disbelievers, mockers. Now there are whiners. I only wish you had to kill yourself 666 times. Then some of you would never do it. That would fit just fine.
Perhaps your wasted cynicism should go towards some sort of positive goal, right now you disgust me. Soon it will be on every website related to JK2, every cheat website, everyone will know. Everyone will beg, you won't be able to play on a server without someone asking for cheats on. Did you wish for this?
a i o
You wore me down, you wore Toshiya down. We're broken, we're splintered masses, thumping against the collective main. Our whimpers go unheard as we splash down to our fate. We're broken and leaking. Did you wish for this?
k s v
You've won. Celebrate your victory with more negativity. You will not win again. Our cracked shell cannot delve into anymore, you've destroyed us therefor we cannot speak.
e e
Do as you will.
spite is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2002, 06:21 PM   #82
Kalishnikov

1. You don't need a minus 666 score. I tried to say that subtly in my last reply.
2. Try "devmap ffa_yavin"
3. Ask someone without a voodoo card for screenshots when they get it working. Ingame screenshot command, printscreen, and using PSP6.02's screen capture option all produce entirely black or garbled screen shots.

Edit: And apparently my response was a little too little, a little too late.
Kalishnikov is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2002, 06:22 PM   #83
Valdarious

LOL omg it does work, hhahahah, I cant believe I actualy overlooked that. Thanks Spite. Just bring down the console and type /thedestroyer thats it! and it does look like it has its own fighting style, you cant change it to light, medium or heavy.
Valdarious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2002, 06:27 PM   #84
Alfyboy

Ok, so it isn't BS... and here is the proof

The only problem I had was that I had to use \THEDESTROYER instead of /THEDESTROYER

The second blade is 'active' although I don't think there are any different moves. Just another blade...
Alfyboy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2002, 06:28 PM   #85
Twenin

Just figured it out before you posted again spite... Here's a screenshot...
Twenin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2002, 06:33 PM   #86
Coronog

Now the question is: What's more fun? Duel bladed or singular?
Coronog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2002, 06:35 PM   #87
UsEr-X-

Thanks Spite. I don't know why you complicated things by telling us to set the date to April first and to kill ourselves 666 times? You kinda set yourself up for being flamed there dood. Anyways there were a lot of people who doubted you cause of April first around the corner and stuff. So thanks!

UsEr-X-
UsEr-X- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2002, 06:40 PM   #88
Kalishnikov

Quote:
Originally posted by UsEr-X-
Some lamer prolly made it in photoshop.

UsEr-X-
Quote:
Originally posted by UsEr-X-
I think its photoshop, if you read some of the posts on that page posted above, you'll see that they are all babbling retards who don't know what they are talking about lol!

UsEr-X-
I'm guessing replies like this made him give those directions, simply to put you through pain trying to get it to work. It's what you deserve for mocking it from the start without evidence.
Old 03-30-2002, 06:47 PM   #89
UsEr-X-

That's why I said "It's PROLLY" meaning most likely but possibly not. Pictures like that always are on the internet and are fake so it really doesn't matter.

Also are you (Kalishnikov) and Spite the same person?

UsEr-X-
UsEr-X- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2002, 06:53 PM   #90
jK][MaXimus

k dont know what im doing wrong but heres the steps i use i fire up the multiplayer client,then i bring down the console and type
/devmap ffa_deathstar(or whatever) it loads the map then i bring up my lightsaber and holtser it then i bring console back down again and type/THEDESTROYER and /thedestroyer and /TheDestroyer and \same way as others it doesnt matter it give me unknown command everytime can someone please tell me what im doing wrong

thx
Max
jK][MaXimus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2002, 06:57 PM   #91
Kalishnikov

No, we're not the same person. I wouldn't be caught dead putting the message "Cake is Love" in one of my replies. As for Maximus, I don't know why /THEDESTROYER isn't working for you. I know it doesn't work in singleplayer, but it should function properly in multiplayer.
Old 03-30-2002, 07:05 PM   #92
Valdarious

you need to make sure you start a server with the options you want normaly, and make sure Saber only is set to off. Then do the devmap thing.
Valdarious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2002, 07:45 PM   #93
Miracleasd

just to clear up a few points. you can change stance to the same sort of results you get with the regular saber. its extremely effective, probably twice as effective as the regular saber. the animations are a little off (you regularly slice through yourself) but like the guy said, it was a 15 minute job (id love to see the stuff you spend 20 minutes on). hopefully some servers will be able to work this in as a viable option.

first rate stuff.

ps. prettymuch missed the party so a big cheers to the boys at raven for putting it in and to spite for enlightening us.

http://www.bulletvest.com/tdlmod
Miracleasd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2002, 08:04 PM   #94
Zaccix

You look good upon your high horse. Would a medal be appropriate as well?
Quote:
Originally posted by spite
This is the thanks I get for sharing the knowledge with all of you? You'll get no more from me anytime soon. I'm already starting to wish I hadn't done my duty to begin with.

For the rest of you
/THEDESTROYER

C L
First there are disbelievers, mockers. Now there are whiners. I only wish you had to kill yourself 666 times. Then some of you would never do it. That would fit just fine.
Perhaps your wasted cynicism should go towards some sort of positive goal, right now you disgust me. Soon it will be on every website related to JK2, every cheat website, everyone will know. Everyone will beg, you won't be able to play on a server without someone asking for cheats on. Did you wish for this?
a i o
You wore me down, you wore Toshiya down. We're broken, we're splintered masses, thumping against the collective main. Our whimpers go unheard as we splash down to our fate. We're broken and leaking. Did you wish for this?
k s v
You've won. Celebrate your victory with more negativity. You will not win again. Our cracked shell cannot delve into anymore, you've destroyed us therefor we cannot speak.
e e
Do as you will.
Zaccix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2002, 08:10 PM   #95
Tree

Quote:
Originally posted by Kalishnikov

I'm guessing replies like this made him give those directions, simply to put you through pain trying to get it to work. It's what you deserve for mocking it from the start without evidence.
Well you and spite...... sure......... showed....... him......?!?

Ya...........

Ravengeeks
Tree is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2002, 08:12 PM   #96
Indy4

does this work in single player?

SEYA
Indy4 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2002, 08:14 PM   #97
Jafo

Quote:
Originally posted by spite

For the rest of you
/THEDESTROYER

C L
a i o
k s v
e e
Do as you will.
You know your a friggin moron. First off people fake crap everyday so excuse us for not being so gulable. This is what this is about not your ego and your extensive knowledge of something that is actually fairly cool. I dont see where sharring that with a group is really intended for you to mock or make a joke of or mislead or make a game of. Plus it came from a guy with a total of two posts wouldn't that signal something to you? You turned your sharring of knowledge into a kids game and then you mock us with its us whos too blame. Get real learn how to represent yourself in public or unplug your modem. I looked at your profile and saw nothing just a guy with 2 posts under his name posting nothing and a guy with 8 posts backing it up with it works. Doesn't say a whole lot too the rest of us. Only you know who you are all we do is go off of what we see and we saw a game being played by someone with 2 posts...you could be 13 just starting a riddiculous ride. If none of what Ive just said too you makes any sence at all then your not worth duscussing it with.
Jafo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2002, 08:42 PM   #98
Moleculor

DualBlade Specs

Alright, here are the specs on the DualBlade.

It does not work in single player. Not even after devmapping somewhere.

It works on any multiplayer map, as long as you devmap there, or somehow start the map with cheats on.

Both blades do cut into walls, and other objects.

Both blades do cause damage to the bad guys.

The animations are still for the single blade one, so you are constantly slicing through your own knees and waist. No, this does not cause damage.
Moleculor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2002, 08:44 PM   #99
Darksider

Thank You, Spite

Im not sure how you managed to find that out but im sure it took considerable effort.

We asked, we received. We are grateful. (at least i am!)

Also thanks to Toshiya for putting this in even if it is just a diversion .

I understand the mentality behind the 666 kills thing, try to limit those who would do it and find out and attempt to prevent it becoming just another cheat, however you do have to admit it was likely to bring a bunch of flames especially from the skeptics (though why you remained skeptical after Toshiya outright said he put it in is a tad confusing).

Stop flaming him guys, its this kind of thing that stops people sharing when they find things like this.
Darksider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2002, 09:03 PM   #100
Zaccix

It's not that I'm ungrateful to Spite for sharing the info on how to get the double-bladed sabers, but the rhetoric in his post that I replied to was uncalled for, and that's what got me going.
Zaccix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2002, 09:06 PM   #101
Sentor

how do you turn on cheats =\

I just want to see the saber, nothing else, i normally hate cheaters, but i want to mess around with this =]
Sentor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2002, 09:32 PM   #102
jedialphaknight
Banned

well yeah from wut I played it IS a cheat...you have a definate advantage over everyone else, it isn't well balanced so hence..yeah you know, maybe the expansion will have a more refined one.
jedialphaknight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2002, 09:52 PM   #103
Toshiya[RAVEN]
Raven Software

Ah, well.. looks like it's public now anyway. Enjoy ^_^

Really though, I should stress that this was just a silly little thing I did on my own. It should not really be considered "part of the game" and there is of course no actual support for it. It's just a gimmick and nothing more.

Also, spite, you are beginning to frighten me.
Toshiya[RAVEN] is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2002, 10:28 PM   #104
B0MBER II

I get stuck while using it sometimes...

Chicago Cubs... #1
B0MBER II is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2002, 10:34 PM   #105
Corven

Light Staffs Do Exist !

Corven is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2002, 10:37 PM   #106
Jafo

Quote:
Originally posted by Toshiya[RAVEN]
Ah, well.. looks like it's public now anyway. Enjoy ^_^

Really though, I should stress that this was just a silly little thing I did on my own. It should not really be considered "part of the game" and there is of course no actual support for it. It's just a gimmick and nothing more.
I just played on a private server so cheats were okay and all of us sat there scratching our heads to why this wasn't left in and could have been a force option. The thing makes like twice as many hits then the regular saber and the only bug I found was once in awhile you loose keyboard fuctionality. But that may just be me ramming on my keys Double rules it even enhances the game play and honestly makes dueling even more intence. Guessing the higher ups who never truely know the right thing said no huh? Well I just want to say thank you for leaving it in... maybe it will come in hand for mod development.
Jafo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2002, 09:58 AM   #107
Jazz

Thanks alot Spite the cheats works, with me it works if i type in /THEDESTROYER when i do \THEDESTROYER it gives me some error message. I got my Darth Maul skin and i got a double bladed saber thanks to Spite

Also could someone tell me how to get the fps counter at the top of my screen and how to bind screenshots to a key Thanks.
Jazz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2002, 10:10 AM   #108
Owen

Maybe Raven will finish off the animations and add this to the first patch. I noticed you can only swing the double saber if you are moving. Stationary swinging was a no go.

Owen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2002, 10:22 AM   #109
murder1

not too shabby, but I prefer a single blade saber
murder1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2002, 10:55 AM   #110
Ah Boon

can wait to try it out!!!

Hello. I told you I'll be back.
Ah Boon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2002, 10:58 AM   #111
ThoMMo

Having played against a Dual Blade using only a single blade i must say i am glad that this is not intented as part of the game. The Dual Blade is much easier to kill with than using single blade, to fight against it with a single is almost impossible. If it did become standard then everyone would be using dual blades, which i don't think would be good. So i'm sticking with my Single Blades.
ThoMMo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2002, 11:15 AM   #112
Jazz

I haven't fought anyone with double saber yet but ill probably be playing with my mates tonight so hopefully they don't know about this and ill whip their behinds lol
Old 03-31-2002, 11:19 AM   #113
murder1

oops wrong thread
murder1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2002, 11:23 AM   #114
Zooty

Double ended sabers are far to hard ... even in light stance i managed to kill somone who was holding a single saber in about 2 seconds ... just run upto them and slap the atatck button as fast as u can

http://www.zooticus.com/images/gallery/shot0015.jpg

http://www.zooticus.com/images/gallery/shot0008.jpg

also does anyone know the command to turn demo's on ? i tried to demo the dbl saber but it said something like "sv_clienttrace is not set to 1 demos cannot be recorded on this server" ... it was on my own server and i couldnt find the command for turning it on any help would be appreciated
Zooty is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2002, 11:45 AM   #115
Ah Boon

WHOA, the cometh of teh double saber Darth Maul!!! Mwahaha!!

Hello. I told you I'll be back.
Ah Boon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2002, 01:06 PM   #116
KrunCh

I can see an easy to make mod develop out of this. "kill the saber staff" or "Kill the Maul" A duel map is used where two people with normal lightsabers go up against one person with a lightstaff, complete with the duel of fates music from epidsode one playing in the background.

Whoever kills the person with the lightstaff is allowed to use the staff himself in the next round and two different lightsaber users go up against the new beholder of the lightstaff.

Don't take this idea seriously though, I'm just babbeling

-KrunCh
KrunCh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2002, 02:06 PM   #117
milestone

and with that "g_saberRealisticCombat" code on, you can chop in half all you want...ugh, yeh I know there's no dismemberment in MP. bah
milestone is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2002, 07:06 PM   #118
r_e_c_o_i_l

wait so how do you enable cheats in multiplayer
r_e_c_o_i_l is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2002, 07:52 PM   #119
Jazz

Quote:
Originally posted by r_e_c_o_i_l
wait so how do you enable cheats in multiplayer
if you go into a public server than you can't enable it (i think) but if you make your own server than open the console and type in devmap mapname for example devmap ffa_deathstar then the map should load up and it will say Cheats enabled. Then holster your lightsaber (basically get your ligitsaber out then press the key on your keyboard assigned to getting the lighsaber out, this should keep you lightsaber out but the blade will go away. Then go into the console and type in /THEDESTROYER or \THEDESTROYER (one of them will work) and you will have a duel lightsaber
Old 03-31-2002, 09:00 PM   #120
Lord Odisse

I noticed that when you die you lose the Double-Bladed Lightsaber, when I tried to type \THEDESTROYER back in again nothing happened, now if only someone could figure out how to add it as an alternative or another type of Lightsaber.
Lord Odisse is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Double Bladed Saber a reality?