lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Radiant not shipped with JO? And where's me fgd
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-01-2002, 06:04 AM   #1
Pid

Lightbulb Radiant not shipped with JO? And where's me fgd

Hello fellow Jedi Knights!

I am new to Quake III mapping, I have done some Quake II mapping in the past (mainly Half-Life and Counter-Strike) and I have just completed Jedi Outcast and am dying to start designing my own single player and multiplayer maps for Outcast

Ok first I have a couple of questions and would appreciate it if anybody could provide me with the answers. I'd like at least some response in order to start any cool maps. Cool maps that I may share with you lot.

First, I think I remember reading somewhere a while back that a version of Radiant will be shipped with Jedi Outcast but it isn't on my copy. Isn't it shipped or is it well hidden and I've missed it?

Secondly when mapping, using Worldcraft, each MOD (either Valve, TFC or Cstrike) has it's own fgd file, which contains all the entities and such for that particular MOD. Is there something similar for a Quake III-based game/MOD? And where might I find the one for Jedi Outcast?

Thank you. If there is not an fgd yet I can just start just drawing all my brushes using the Outcast pk3 files and/or other pk3s.

Cheers,
Pid
Pid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2002, 08:04 AM   #2
UniKorn
Mysterious Mapper

Hi,

welcome to the real world

I don't know where you read that the editor would be shipped with the game, but I think you are mixing up sof2 and jk2

As for the fgd files of worldcraft, for Q3 they are called .def files

Have fun,

UniKorn
Mapper 4 Wired Lamp Studios
http://www.wiredlampstudios.com

Mapcenter:
http://www.map-center.com
UniKorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > General Editing > Radiant not shipped with JO? And where's me fgd