lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Auto-aiming
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-01-2002, 06:55 PM   #1
Kordeth

Question Auto-aiming

Okay, so I'm in a somewhat unique position--I'm absolutely addicted to JK2, but I absolutely suck at shooting games--largely because I'm disabled and simply don't have the manual dexterity to work a mouse and a keyboard at the same time. So what I'm wondering is, since it's nigh-impossible to aim with the keyboard and my mouse doesn't have near enough buttons to do everything, is there a way to set up an auto-aiming system in JK2 (ala the one in Rainbow 6 and just about every old FPS game I've ever played)? Basically, something along the lines of snapping the targeting cursor to an enemy and keeping it pointed at that enemy while I dodge about like a ferret on meth? Any help would be appreciated, as I'm getting slaughtered by hordes of stormtroopers, and I really don't want to resort to cheat codes to get past them.

"An absolute monarchy is one in which the sovereign does as he pleases, so long as he pleases the assassins."
--Ambrose Bierce
Kordeth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2002, 09:21 PM   #2
twoshadows

Why don't you hook up a game pad and just play that way?

Although, I'm sure that in a couple of weeks time, some jerk WILL make an autoaim hack and it WILL be abused Online

Most Radiant problems begin somewhere between the keyboard and your chair....
twoshadows is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2002, 02:48 AM   #3
Kordeth

Gamepads don't really work for me, either, but thanks. I'm sure auto-aim would be abused on-line, but I'm really just looking for something to keep me from getting butchered in single-player....just a tiny bit of snapping to a target, maybe on the order of 2 feet (game scale, of course) worth.

"An absolute monarchy is one in which the sovereign does as he pleases, so long as he pleases the assassins."
--Ambrose Bierce
Kordeth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > General Editing > Auto-aiming