lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Will The Scenario Editor include...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-18-2001, 07:58 PM   #1
Rdog22

Will The Scenario Editor include...

A Civ and/or Unit Editor. What i mean by a Civ Editor is combining units from Naboo,TF, and Early Empire into a newly created Civ called The old Republic, so I could use it in my campaigns?

Or a unit Editor where I could enhance my Newly created Civ? Like if I wanted a Yuuzhan Vong Civ (New Jedi Order Series) could I make new units with my own info, stats and pics?

It would be neat if it had these but I don;t think they will, but I just wanted to know.
Rdog22 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2001, 10:27 PM   #2
Darth_Rommel
argh

They won't
Darth_Rommel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2001, 10:43 PM   #3
Boba Rhett

Ok, lets see if I can do this as well as Leon can.

*spits in his hands*

Force.....

*strains*

MOVE!!

you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2001, 10:45 PM   #4
millen

In aok:tc it was possible to give a unit more attack or hit points using triggers, I am not sure if this will be implemented in GB, but I hope it will.

I am pretty sure it will also be possible to create your own units, but you would have to make a mod to do it, and making a mod of a unit is very hard becuase they have so many frames of animation.
Old 08-18-2001, 10:50 PM   #5
Rdog22

Post Kinda like Rebed huh?

Kinda like Rebed with Rebellion huh? Well I can alway's dream.
Rdog22 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2001, 01:43 AM   #6
Sherack Nhar

Rhett, that line is copyrighted you know
Find yer own one liners!!
Old 08-20-2001, 02:27 AM   #7
Lord JayVizIon
Lord Jor El

i think making your own units won't happen in this game. none of us know exactly how this scenario editor is going to work, but i see the units from different civs as a possibility (but probably unlikely) and creation of units highly unlikely. the vong and others will be possibles for an xpansion disc. btw, the ewoks are in the scenario editor.

"He who carves himself to suit everyone whittles himself away...

Niners are back!
Niners in 2003!!!
Lord JayVizIon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2001, 09:00 AM   #8
Paragon_Leon
LFN Staff Emeritus

so far, the only way you'll be able to modify your own units is by making your own mod-pac. there are some great ones made for AOK, but you have to keep in mind that they're not official and tend to be buggy at times..
Rhett: like it ? i thought so..

Paragon_Leon = = =

"Well sometimes you hear an artist say: 'This is a song that God gave to me.' and when he starts playing it, you understand why God didn't want it anymore." - Martyn Joseph
Paragon_Leon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2001, 02:37 PM   #9
Generalchang

I wonder if Mod Pack Studio will work for GB? If so, then we could create our own mods...
Old 08-22-2001, 11:52 PM   #10
Generalchang

I guess nobody knows... Well, you really shouldn't... Well just have to wait and see... About life... What am I saying? I need to go to bed...
Old 08-23-2001, 03:55 PM   #11
crazy_dog

What do you people mean by mods ?. Anyway, I'm getting this thing to make your own games so I'll see if that has any effect on it.
Old 08-25-2001, 06:43 AM   #12
millen

"what's a mod?"

Mod is short for modification, and in games such as AOK it means replacing an exsisting graphic or unit to a custom one. This means you could replace say an archery range with an outdoor toilet. But it is quite difficult to get them to look any good, although there are quite a few over at AoK heaven that can whip up some mighty fine mods nowadays, some look better that the original things in the game.
Old 08-27-2001, 10:26 PM   #13
AoErat

I know the guy who programmed Modpack Studio - I'm sure he could modify it slightly for SWGB.

AoErat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2001, 02:02 PM   #14
JEDI_MASTA
GB DM ExPeRt

yeah you probably will be able to put units from othere civs into your civs but as for creating units im not sure

JEDI_MASTA is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2001, 09:44 PM   #15
Dagobahn Eagle
First Strike Tester

Current Game: First Strike
You can use any unit in the scenario editor for any civ when making a scenario. For example, you can have Naboo start out with Naboo fighters, Dark Troopers, Gungan shield generators, and rebel X-Wings. After what I saw from that screenshot, I assume it's basically the same as AoK's. Hope it's got all the triggers from TC!

Building different civs' units, tough.. now there's the problem.

Dagobahn Eagle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2001, 12:40 PM   #16
Darth G

it's definitely almost impossible to do a mod so that one civ can build all of the other civs units...

i'll stick to regular game, til i get really bored of it... it's not even out yet... so y dun we all just wait
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > Community > GalacticBattles.com > Battlegrounds Editing > Design, Creation & Mod Forum > Will The Scenario Editor include...