lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: hackers in jk2.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-02-2002, 08:38 AM   #1
jedi-redemption

hackers in jk2.

it has come to my ettention that there are several people out there making hacks/developing hacks from quake3. i so hope this game doesnt turn into another cs.

if your wondering how i no so much its because i am an ex member of *myg0t* ( the biggest hacking clan for cs in the world )

keep it clean pleeze raven. i want this game to involve skill.

www.geocities.com/clan_56th

The sentence below is true.
The sentence above is false.
jedi-redemption is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2002, 08:44 AM   #2
Joruus

Slight problem.

The engine Raven is using is built off the Q3:TA 1.29 build.

Pretty much all the major client side hacks for the Q3A engine were sorted out long before that.

I mean really, what it comes down to, is that an aimbots not gonna do someone with a saber any good. The shownormals hack is pointless because we can already see people through walls as a game engine feature.

I've alot of positive things to say about the Q3:TA engine. Its not hackless, but it pretty much as hackless as they come. Id constantly patches against security flaws, and Raven will build on that as well.

Chance of JK2 becoming another CS? Zero, because the difference between Half Life (Quake 1 engine) and JK2 (Q3:TA) engine is nearly 5 years of code development.

Good luck hackers. Closest thing you'll see to a hack in this game will be an incredibly annoying script that makes your model dance all the time or something.
Joruus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2002, 09:04 AM   #3
QuadHelix

Quote:
Originally posted by Joruus
I mean really, what it comes down to, is that an aimbots not gonna do someone with a saber any good.
Slight problem.
There are projectile weapons in the game too, you know.
QuadHelix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2002, 09:25 AM   #4
McDeth

Ya, I can't WAIT for somebody to hack the ability to only have certain force powers, or the ability to instantly recharge.

*due to certain ex-myg0t dumbness, I have to SPELL out........

---------->S A R C A S M<----------------
McDeth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2002, 09:29 AM   #5
McDeth

And why the **** would they want to hack such a great game. CS I can see hacked, cuse now that I stopped playing it, it sucks baaaddd nuts.
Old 04-02-2002, 09:29 AM   #6
QuadHelix

You know, I think that was supposed to be a joke.
QuadHelix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2002, 09:30 AM   #7
McDeth

Quote:
Originally posted by jedi-redemption
moderator please ban him.
Ban who?
Old 04-02-2002, 09:31 AM   #8
jedi-redemption

if it was im sorry. i have got an englishmans sense of humour not the americans sarcasm version (that wasnt sposed to be offencive) if it wasnt then burn in hell fire.

Old 04-02-2002, 09:40 AM   #9
Anakin

Good old British humour, you yanks dont know what you are missing!

Now Iam the Master
Anakin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2002, 09:49 AM   #10
jedi-redemption

asl anakin ?

Old 04-02-2002, 10:24 AM   #11
Ah Boon

just delete this thread, pls!

Hello. I told you I'll be back.
Ah Boon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2002, 10:27 AM   #12
jedi-redemption

y?

Old 04-02-2002, 10:30 AM   #13
]CkB[Polaris

The worst thing about the cheating in CS is that it brought cheating into the forefront for so many people. The week after any new FPS hits the shelves everyone is paranoid about cheaters. Within a couple weeks, anyone who is any good at the game gets flamed for cheating by every clueless n00b who feels the world owes them m4d sk1llz0rz in the game just for maintaining the ability to process oxygen. People use the cheats, or suspicion there of, as a crutch for sucking ass at the game.

I could care less if people cheat. If the game is fun, I will play. If cheating ruins the game, I will move on. I would hope thats the motivation for the dev teams to fix alot of the potential problems and put this very very annoying issue to rest.

]CkB[Polaris
Teamwarfare
[url=http://www.rj3.net/ckb[/url]
]CkB[Polaris is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2002, 10:34 AM   #14
The Zodiac

Re: hackers in jk2.

Quote:
it has come to my ettention that there are several people out there making hacks/developing hacks from quake3. i so hope this game doesnt turn into another cs.

if your wondering how i no so much its because i am an ex member of *myg0t* ( the biggest hacking clan for cs in the world )

keep it clean pleeze raven. i want this game to involve skill.
Oho. Fear that mad wallhack. "I'M GONNA SABER YOU THROUGH THE WALL!".

Sure, there are aimbots too. However, that's more hindrance than help when sabering, and if guns are easy to avoid. If you can't avoid them if they have an aimbot on, you most likely can't avoid it without it on either, so not much of an advantage there.
The Zodiac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2002, 10:35 AM   #15
jedi-redemption

2 rite ! in cs you could neva be sure that you wernt plying a h4xx0r. if they do invent sum hacks for jk2 lets hope they are very very hard to use. hacking in cs became commercial and there for easy to get.

Old 04-02-2002, 10:41 AM   #16
Toshiya[RAVEN]
Raven Software

There are a couple of exploits in the game currently, but they are caused by oversights on my behalf mainly as opposed to being external "hacks". It's hard to catch everything on a game with so many features/game modes/etc., but I am working on addressing things as they are discovered.

As far as "aimbotz", I don't know of any currently, but if someone manages to make one, at least it will only be very useful with the disruptor. ^_^
Toshiya[RAVEN] is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2002, 10:43 AM   #17
jedi-redemption

want me to be the (shall we say) go between person lol

Old 04-02-2002, 10:50 AM   #18
]CkB[Polaris

Quote:
Originally posted by Toshiya[RAVEN]
There are a couple of exploits in the game currently, but they are caused by oversights on my behalf mainly as opposed to being external "hacks". It's hard to catch everything on a game with so many features/game modes/etc., but I am working on addressing things as they are discovered.
heh... I have always felt that the first release of a game should be considered the "anti-expolit beta". Give a multiplayer game to the competative community for a month they will find more bugs than a year of the best QA. :P

]CkB[Polaris
Teamwarfare
Old 04-02-2002, 10:53 AM   #19
seanconnery

Remember how JK I was so full of hacks?

I would go into a public server and kill people wth rails and force destruction balls coming out of my fists...

ahhh the good old days...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
seanconnery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2002, 12:43 PM   #20
Spider AL
A well-spoken villain...

/me takes his hat off to Polaris

/me shoves his sabre through Sean's face

[FW] Spider AL
--
Hewwo, meesa Jar-Jar Binks. Yeah. Excusing me, but me needs to go bust meesa head in with dissa claw-hammer, because yousa have stripped away meesa will to living.
Spider AL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2002, 01:10 PM   #21
tofu

Haven't any of you ever played JK I before?

The cheating in some of the servers really sucked. A hacker would blast you with a million Force Destructions (??), and it'd be impossible to run away. Even worse was the Force Grip hack, where the cheater would grip you, and the grip would last throughout the game. As in, you respawn, die instantly, respawn, die, respawn, die etc.

Cheats do go beyond aimbots, you know.
tofu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2002, 01:15 PM   #22
seanconnery

*Sean's CNS having been destroyed, his bowels lose all control and he lets loose the greatest whooper of a fart ever, instantly poisoning Spider to death.*

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
seanconnery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2002, 01:27 PM   #23
SpacemanSpiff

return to castle wolfenstein (q3a engine game) just got PunkBuster in a recent patch...maybe raven/lucasarts will take a hint?

SpacemanSpiff
JediKnightii.net
PlanetWolfenstein
SpacemanSpiff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2002, 01:35 PM   #24
jedi-redemption

indeed they should but IMHO it wouldnt be much use. punkbuster and so many other anti-hacking programs were made but all of them were out hacked. hopefully some1 will think of something. most of the hack makers of cs were all 14 and 15. so many people have more coding abilities than them. pleeze dont let it happen to this.

Old 04-02-2002, 01:36 PM   #25
L3onheart

Quote:
Originally posted by Joruus
Chance of JK2 becoming another CS? Zero, because the difference between Half Life (Quake 1 engine) and JK2 (Q3:TA) engine is nearly 5 years of code development.
Half life is based on a modified Quake 2 engine.
Do you really expect Half-Life's graphics to be based on Quake 1's?
L3onheart is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2002, 01:44 PM   #26
jedialphaknight
Banned

yeah L3on, its modified Quake 1 engine, go look it up yourself. why do you think the engine is so horrible.
jedialphaknight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2002, 01:46 PM   #27
JaNg0

Quote:
The worst thing about the cheating in CS is that it brought cheating into the forefront for so many people. The week after any new FPS hits the shelves everyone is paranoid about cheaters. Within a couple weeks, anyone who is any good at the game gets flamed for cheating by every clueless n00b who feels the world owes them m4d sk1llz0rz in the game just for maintaining the ability to process oxygen. People use the cheats, or suspicion there of, as a crutch for sucking ass at the game.
Polaris.. I couldn't agree with you more.. Well said my friend...

Quote:

jedi-redemption... Hey by the looks of it you are trying to break all ties with the POS clan (good for you).. You open a can of worms by saying you were in it though.. My advice to you would be not to mention that you were in it again, alot of people might not be willing to give you a second chance..

JaNg0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2002, 01:53 PM   #28
]CkB[Polaris

Quote:
Originally posted by jedialphaknight
yeah L3on, its modified Quake 1 engine, go look it up yourself. why do you think the engine is so horrible.
from idsoftware.com:
"In 1996, id unleashed QUAKE, the most highly anticipated game since DOOM. "

then
"December 9, 1997, id Software and Activision rocked the continent with the release of the mind-blowing, QUAKE II."

Half-life came out in 1998 using a modified Quake TWO, seeing as the Quake 1 engine was obsolete at the time.

]CkB[Polaris
Teamwarfare
Old 04-02-2002, 02:02 PM   #29
jedi-redemption

i have cut all links from my name from myg0t because i dont even have cs installed 0n my pc now. myg0t blows. to be in myg0t you have to have a head bigger than jupiter. i have grown up since and if you still think i wanna make hacks in jk2 then think *why did he post this to start with* im no different from 3/4 of cs players most people cheated in it anyway so it was almost statitory to own a hack. i havnt got jk2 yet but i should get it as soon as it arrives over here.

if anything in this message seems like retaliation then it isnt supposed to be.

Old 04-02-2002, 02:07 PM   #30
Sterling

Quote:
Originally posted by ]CkB[Polaris

from idsoftware.com:
"In 1996, id unleashed QUAKE, the most highly anticipated game since DOOM. "

then
"December 9, 1997, id Software and Activision rocked the continent with the release of the mind-blowing, QUAKE II."

Half-life came out in 1998 using a modified Quake TWO, seeing as the Quake 1 engine was obsolete at the time.
Just because Quake2 was out before Half Life was doesn't mean Half Life used the Quake2 engine. In fact, based on the timeline, I'm far more inclined to believe Half Life uses Quake1 tech due to development times and the depth of Half Life.
Sterling is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2002, 02:12 PM   #31
jedi-redemption

does it really really matter either way. no point falling out about it. anyway can we get back t the discussion in hand ?

Old 04-02-2002, 02:22 PM   #32
]CkB[Polaris

"This is my first major OpenGL work developed about 4 months ago. It renders Half-Life maps (actually, it's a Quake 2 bsp format). "
- CFXWeb in a description of an OpenGL map viwer for HL.

"Awesome texture utility for Quake2 and Half-Life. "
- a description of the Wally tool.

]CkB[Polaris
Teamwarfare
Old 04-02-2002, 02:25 PM   #33
JaNg0

Nope.. I didn't take like a retaliation..

Anyways even if it was, I never take anything serious online..It's like the saying goes fighting on the internet is like running the 100 metre dash at the special olympics.. Well you know the rest, no need to say the last part..

JaNg0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2002, 02:37 PM   #34
SaberPro
00 Agent

There r hacks for every game... it just depends how Raven "protects" JO from being hacked hehe

SaberPro
Alliance of the Jedi (AOJ)
ZoneFriend = AOJ_SaberPro

"The Force is with you young Skywalker...but you are not a Jedi yet!" - Darth Vader
SaberPro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2002, 02:37 PM   #35
Darth Abbadon

Guys, there is no need to argue about if Half-Life used Quake or Quake 2, because the fact is, they used BOTH.

Scientia est potentia.
Darth Abbadon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2002, 02:38 PM   #36
sykotic

jk1 hacking

The hacks in Jedi Knight that most of you guys saw where not what messed up the game .
It was the nf sabs cheats . the genmove.cog (makes u warp due to high speed and the weap_saber.cog ( extendo ) . the use of these cheats was not wide spread amoungst all the noobs on the zone , just a handfull of " leet " ladder players has them .

This is the sort of cheat that i'd be worried about.
sykotic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2002, 02:44 PM   #37
GRIMLOCK

HL is, always has been and always will be (unless valve gets a hint) made from the Quake 1 game engine, and its graphics suck, the modeleing system suck, the only good parts of it are CS, FireArms, and single player.
I'm a long time fan of ID's
so it comes natural to know my games off their tech.
when i get home for school i'll dig out my proof, because i've seen the same issue raised before. as for JK2 hacking.. well, thats why i don't often play actual MP anymore. Hackers and whiners
JK2 i will play MP but only in Duel. and i have been booted from servers in various games for "hacking" when its merely the fact i know where people hide in CS (Shoot the boxes!) and i can actually use the rail gun in Q2/3A!!
but JK2 hacking i'm guessing there will be little of, just alot of whiners is all, Q3TA was well rounded in hack protection.
though of course not fully safe, no game will ever be now that people have found it so easy to just search and dload.
GRIMLOCK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2002, 03:07 PM   #38
jedi-redemption

some good points being raised but can we pleeeze drop the quake engine thingy. ?

does q3a run better than q3ta ?

Old 04-02-2002, 03:19 PM   #39
The Zodiac

I'm sure RAVEN are capable of fixing such cheats. If they desire to at the time they come out, that is.
The Zodiac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2002, 03:20 PM   #40
Holy

Re: hackers in jk2.

Quote:

keep it clean pleeze raven. i want this game to involve skill. [/B]

This thread is nothing more than you looking for an excuse when you lose,"everbody cheated in cs" no they didnt thats something insecure cheaters say to make the cheating sound justified.

CS is a good game always was,it the types who play it that spoil it i can only hope JKII doesnt become availble near you or you order and it gets lost in the post each time.

You want this game to be about skill,thats a given thing is can you handle it when the skilled players are beating you..i doubt that very much and nodoubt how this thread came about.

Holy...out
Holy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > hackers in jk2.