lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Is there a way to keep 1st Person Perspective with Lightsaber???
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-10-2002, 10:53 PM   #1
Mammoth

Question Is there a way to keep 1st Person Perspective with Lightsaber???

I hate when it switches to 3rd person. The camera swings & I tend to lose the person I'm fighting. Your help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks
Mammoth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2002, 11:00 PM   #2
DannyDiplo

Yeah, it's in the options menu. I forget where, but it's there This applies only to single player, though - in multiplayer its 3rd person only.

Danny_Diplo - www.planetclans.com
DannyDiplo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2002, 11:07 PM   #3
Mammoth

Thanks Danny, but I mean in Multiplayer. I'm used to a straight 1st Person Shooter perspective in multiplayer games & would REALLLY, REALLLLY like to be able to turn of 3rd Person in Multiplayer.

So, any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Old 04-10-2002, 11:21 PM   #4
JPMaximilian

As already mentioned you can change the settings in the Setup menu, or hit 'P' to switch between 1rst and 3rd, even when you're just holding a blaster.

JPMaximilian
The Toydarian Dealer

Hi chuba da nago?
JPMaximilian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2002, 12:00 AM   #5
d3vin

cant seem to switch in mp

i even put this in my autoexec.cfg

seta cg_saberAutoThird "0"

and nothing happened.

but knowing what i know now i am satisfied to use 3rd person because it allows for acrobatic moves and to roll faster than running with light saber.

the change from 3rd to 1st person is pretty quick too

especially the minimal delay in firing a weapon when switching from saber to gun compared to switching from gun to gun. Good way to encourage holding a saber most of the time
d3vin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2002, 01:29 AM   #6
Mammoth

Maximillian...

Hitting "P" in multiplayer does NOT work for the lightsaber. It works for all other weapons, NOT the saber

So, I'm still stuck. I hate that 3rd person perspective in Multiplayer. I have had the camera swing in way too many weird directions & I lose the person I'm fighting.

I figure, if I can follow a tau-jump in Half-Life (which is 1000 times faster & higher than a force-jump), then switching to 1st Person Perspective in Jedi Knight 2 should be a piece of cake.

So, my problem still exists. I can't switch to 1st Person Perspective when holding the lightsaber in Multiplayer. Is there ANYWAY to fix this?
Old 04-11-2002, 04:02 AM   #7
Sturmgewehr

Nobody can switch to first person view with the saber in multiplayer. When asked, Raven just confirmed you can't do it and said nothing on if they planned on changing it.

Likely it will be fixed in a patch, as they said they had some tweaking to do with some of the force powers. That's what I heard, anyways.

"Französische Schülerinnen schiessen besser!"
Sturmgewehr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Is there a way to keep 1st Person Perspective with Lightsaber???