lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Pirating the beta
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-06-2002, 10:38 PM   #1
Psychobobvr21

Pirating the beta

I think that it is wrong to pirate a game; however if you buy the game and you are waiting for it to arive in the mail i find that their is nothing wrong with it. What do you think?

While it may seem logical to people, it's still against the law. And these types of pirating discussion aren't permitted here.
--Canoli

Last edited by OnlyOneCanoli; 04-06-2002 at 11:38 PM.
Psychobobvr21 is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2002, 10:43 PM   #2
Swingman

I think you are very impatient but it's better then not buying the game at all because you've got a pirated version.

Thanks for at least buying the game.

I got the game and now people on my floor want to burn it. i'm like heck no, i paid $60 for this game.
Swingman is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2002, 10:44 PM   #3
Swamp

i heard burnt copies dont even work, so you might as well say, sure 8 bucks a copy ... to days later and 80 bucks richer alot of people pounding on your door ... dfgrshnsyj64sa34e
Swamp is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2002, 10:50 PM   #4
SPY_jmr1
The Quiet, but Deadly One

whats that i hear? its the*LOCK-A-MATIC*warming up methinks

Spy
SPY_jmr1 is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2002, 10:59 PM   #5
Endo'Cun

you know what I think, I think its Raven's fault for not putting on a CD key, seriously though, but still again there are CD generators. there is a way out of everything.

Bounty Hunter
Endo'Cun is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2002, 11:09 PM   #6
forethought

There is a way to burn a copy and make it work...little trick that software developers have put into their copy protection. You don't need any special software to do it, but it's something that requires extra attention on your part.

When I installed my game I checked to see if it would run without the CD. When it didn't, I knew I would have to make a backup, because I knew I was going to play the hell outta this game, and if the CD got screwed up, I'd be more than mad. So I copied it, and sure enough, I run the game on the copy and leave the origninal in it's nice, pretty CD case, just in case.

But yeah people, go out and buy the game, it's definitely worth it!
forethought is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2002, 11:11 PM   #7
Cracken

Location: Less than 12 parsecs from the nearest Twi'lek slave dancer
CD Keys are about as effective at stopping Pirates as a TIE pilot high on Ludes in a dark cockpit with one laser shorted out...or a TIE pilot under any circumstances, really.

"Hide a stone among stones and a man among men." General Rokurota, "The Hidden Fortress"
Cracken is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2002, 11:22 PM   #8
darthpartha

First of all you can burn jk2, protection is removed by getting an image (a .bin or .iso, etc) and burning it. Second of all yes, it is stupid that raven didnt put any cd key because people who downloaded it can play with all the benifits....oh well
darthpartha is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2002, 11:28 PM   #9
Emon
Strong Bad's Henchman

Raven does NOT make decisions on things like CD keys. Raven is the developer, LucasArts is the publisher. LEC decided not to use a CD key, not Raven.

Burned copies DO work because my friend burnt one so he could use it on his server he's working on.

Clarionet, n. An instrument of torture operated by a person with cotton in his ears. There are two instruments that are worse than a clarionet -- two clarionets.
Emon is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Pirating the beta