lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: "Pre-SDK" .pk3 compilation or better yet...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-08-2002, 05:49 PM   #1
Delmar

"Pre-SDK" .pk3 compilation or better yet...

I've now heard several people mention creating a BFP-type .pk3 file that contains a ton of skins, etc. Well, here's my thought: with the SDK to be released imminently (is that too optimistic?), we should organize in some fashion to have all skins that have been released up to that point compiled into one "Pre-SDK" .pk3 file.

My thinking is that once player models can be created and placed within the game, player editing will take on a somewhat different angle. It would nice be nice to have a milestone that has all player skins up to a certain point.

In fact, why not create one set area (like BFP was) that was the authority in terms of housing these player mods. Instead of just pre-SDK, it could perhaps archive monthly all skins that have been submitted... I'm not saying that my site should be the place to keep this (shameless plug: www.reid.cx - just my stupid blog which doesnt even have it's JO page up yet- but its on the way) - I don't care who takes care of it, as long as they're consistent and dedicated to doing it. I just want everyone to be on the same page. Right now I have to hunto down skin mods on like 3 or 4 different sites just to makes sure I have everything (yes, I'm obsessive compulsive)... Does this idea seem worthwhile?

I would be more than willing to provide all hosting since I own my own domain and web server so there won't be any worries about ads or space but if someone else wants to do it, then that's fine too.
Delmar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2002, 05:55 PM   #2
The Truthful Liar
In-Transit

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Interesting... something like BFP should certainly be created.

Sorry, can't be bothered to elaborate on other things to be done.

Too tired.

Cheers

"Whatever action is performed by a great man, common men follow in his footsteps. And whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues."
The Truthful Liar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2002, 05:56 PM   #3
B0MBER II

I cOULD do that if ya guys wanted lol

Chicago Cubs... #1
B0MBER II is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2002, 05:56 PM   #4
DeTRiTiC-iQ

People do realise that http://www.massassi.net will host any JO or JK file sent in to them right?
DeTRiTiC-iQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2002, 06:01 PM   #5
B0MBER II

someone should grab the current skins off the jkii.net forums and call it the JK2.net skin pack and shove it to Massassi.net's way

Chicago Cubs... #1
B0MBER II is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2002, 06:02 PM   #6
The Truthful Liar
In-Transit

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Thumbs down well...

I think massassi should get a new hobby, it's starting to become old and their users are overly-harsh towards newcomers as well some of thier mods and ops are power-abusive.

I got permanently banned for using too many smilies

See what I mean?

Cheers

"Whatever action is performed by a great man, common men follow in his footsteps. And whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues."
The Truthful Liar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2002, 06:03 PM   #7
Delmar

DeTRiTiC-iQ: yes- but what i am suggesting is a site whose sole effort is creating and housing these specific compilation packs- not just single files that are uploaded willy-nilly. like i said, the only purpose would be to act as an "authority" on the subject.
Delmar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > General Editing > "Pre-SDK" .pk3 compilation or better yet...