lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Time stamp on Posts? GMT? BST?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-09-2002, 11:29 AM   #1
Lord Slart

Time stamp on Posts? GMT? BST?

Just a query about the clock setting on the forums is it supposed to be GMT or BST as I'm in London at the moment and it's 13:30 here and your server shows as 15:30. Is this an error after the change to BST or is there a valid reason for this time difference.

Just curious thats all.

"The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together." --Ben to Luke

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." --Han to Luke
Lord Slart is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2002, 01:54 PM   #2
Threetall

Maybe that will be fixed in the patch
Threetall is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2002, 04:10 PM   #3
matt--
Network Un-exploder

LFN Staff Member Notable contributor 
The server is based in mountain time(usa). Now with that blasted []iDaylight Savings Time[/i]... Seriously though, why DO we still have Daylight Savings Time?

Back on topic:
You can change the time in the User CP under Edit Options. Just move from time zone to time zone until you get your local time. That'll work until one of the admins decides to fix the clock.

LFNetwork and LucasForums.com
matt at lfnetwork dot com
matt-- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2002, 09:40 AM   #4
Lord Slart

The time stamp appears to be about 3 hours out.

GMT time is now 10:39.

In the UK we are now in British Summer time which is an hour ahead of GMT so 11:39.

Go figure! Don't know why we still need summertime changes either it was originally for the farmers to get more daylight but they don't need it now. And anyway why couldn't thay just get up earlier? Lazy gits.

Anyway I have adjusted my time zone to GMT -2 so I now show my correct local time. Cheers for the info.

"The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together." --Ben to Luke

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." --Han to Luke
Lord Slart is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > JediKnight.Net > Feedback > Time stamp on Posts? GMT? BST?