lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: New STAR WARS Game Idea
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-11-2000, 04:20 PM   #1
Jerec350

Post New STAR WARS Game Idea

With Lucasarts working with other videogame companies now I got to thinking about how cool it would be if they teamed up with Capcom and made a Star Wars version of Resident Evil. I think it would work best if set in the New Jedi Order era since the Yuuzhan Vong have all those wicked creatures and weapons.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2000, 02:40 AM   #2
Darth_Simpson

Thumbs down

Sorry to say this, but it sounds like a pretty dull mix to me!
Old 12-12-2000, 03:35 AM   #3
Jawamaster

Sounds cool, even though i do not know what that evil whatever is. . .

------------------
Jawamaster
Old 12-12-2000, 04:35 AM   #4
paulbarnard

won't happen. first off star wars is aimed at families. RE is just too violent to make it playable. The violence that is in Star Wars is considered realistic enough and fictious enough.

LEC won't give up it's autonomy. They'll develop games with other companies, but they will still have their name on the top.

Finally, if LEC makes another stupid console game for all you dull witted idiotic wannabe gamers out there, it won't be high quality. That's why they pulled Obi-wan off PC. The quality wasn't good enough for the PC, but just fine for you dolts who wouldn't realise it sucked till after you removed the shrink wrap and couldn't return it.
Old 12-12-2000, 05:27 AM   #5
JediMasterHorn

Paul, anyone ever tell you that you have a really bad attitude?
Anyway, RE type games would never work in a SW atmosphere. The control (fighting) just sucks so fighting would be a pain, especially with a lightsaber, unless they changed that aspect. Plus, that would get to be pretty boring IMO.
JediMasterHorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2000, 11:21 AM   #6
Jerec350

Well 1st off let me say that I don't even remotely think this as a realistic idea. I was just toying around with the notion. 2nd if it ever were to become a reality: Of course you couldn't use the same exact RE engine. It would have to be seriously tweaked for the fighting. As far as the violence goes: In the movies didn't we see severed limbs and a certain Sith Lord get split in half? And then there are the comic books. Did you happen to read the Heir to the Empire comic? There is a shot of Luke slashing a group of Noghri in half and there is blood spewing out of all of them. So don't say it wouldn't work because of the violence. Granted you would have to tone it down from the usual RE game. 3rd it makes sense to have it in the New Jedi Order era because of the Yuuzhan Vong. For those of you that haven't read any of the NJO books: The Yuuzhan Vong are a race of aliens that grow their technology and hate anything that has to do with machines. They have all kinds of mutated creatures that each serve a specific task, from crabs as armor, to a snake that can turn into a spear/staff/whip and can block a lightsaber, to a giant brain with tentacles as a command center. Lastly don't knock me because I like console games. I like some Star Wars PC games too. It doesn't matter to me which platform it is on as long as it is a good game. And again don't take this idea seriously, it's just for fun.
Old 12-12-2000, 02:04 PM   #7
Pedro The Hutt
Jedi Knight

Lightbulb

Now here's another idea, what if LEC & Capcom teamed up to create a proper Star Wars fighting game. That would be great!

------------------
No!
I am your father.

[This message has been edited by Pedro The Hutt (edited December 12, 2000).]
Pedro The Hutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2000, 02:11 PM   #8
JediMasterHorn

i would like to see a decently done Star Wars RTS. A star Wars version of starcraft would be cool.
Old 12-12-2000, 03:05 PM   #9
Garindan

force commander's cool! so is rebellion, i got the 2-packer and think they're awesome!
Old 12-12-2000, 05:41 PM   #10
dookiebot

I think a Star Wars game were you are a bounty hunter would be awesome.

Combine elements of Jedi knight (first perosn shooter) and Xwing Alliance (have actual space flight battles).

Also in a similar vein of Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries where the game follows a specific period of time, but you choose your contracts on however you want to play the game. (Stealing artifacts, ships, intercepting illegal cargo, assasinations, bounty's, killing Jedi, ect). Each mission pays more money depending on difficulty.

Also support user created missions (mods) so you can download new missions from other people and therefore the game never really has an "ending".
Old 12-12-2000, 05:43 PM   #11
JediMasterHorn

I couldn't run Force Commander, because I found out after I bought it that I happen to have the one 3D accel card that Force Commander decided it didn't like. Rebellion was too long and drawn out. Way too many windows at once. It would be nice to see a Star Wars version like Warcraft or StarCraft, or even Homeworld. Doing 3D strategy with Rebel and Empire fleets would rock!
Old 12-12-2000, 06:02 PM   #12
Garindan

yeah, rebellion only gets fun once you have alot of resources, the windows didn't bother me too much, i always like to build huge fleets of star destroyers, put vader in charge, and take a huge fleet filled with stormtroopers, assault droids, and at-ats and wipe the rebels off a sector! Force commander only needs 1 megabyte of ram to run on my computer, oops, i mean 1 more megabyte!! Oh, did you know that there's people working on a star wars tc for total annhilation?

Old 12-12-2000, 06:24 PM   #13
Kurgan

Hmm, as usual, I'd like to see:

-Dark Jedi/Sith FPS (for PC)
-"Hutt Empire" gangster/crimelord type game

Kurgan
Old 12-12-2000, 06:30 PM   #14
paulbarnard

Dookiebot, they did. It was called Rebel Assault. Not great, but not bad either.

As far as my attitude goes, damn right it's miserable. Everyone is pining for Obi-Wan to come back to PC. I hope it never does.

It was pulled off PC because it sucked in the first place. If you are so serious about getting a crap game on the PC, then keep pressuring. I don't want to waste my money on it. I'm sick of people telling me how Rogue Sqadron (a console game translated into PC) is just as much a real space combat simulator as X-Wing Alliance. They aren't even comprible.

As far as RTS, FoCom is good for a one time to play and piece of eye candy. If you love star wars and strategy games then get it. If not, leave it alone. The hardware requirements are killers. Rebellion has replayablity. It also is a bit more cerebral than all of the other SW games out there. I particular like the challenge to build infrastrure at the begining. I hate having to search the galaxy for Darth Vader or Mon Mothma (depending on the side...the other objectives are easy to handle).

------------------
Paul Barnard
aka Bad Monkey
Knight Watch Shipping Corporation
knight_watch_2000@yahoo.com
Old 12-12-2000, 06:36 PM   #15
Garindan

i hate searching for them too, i think just plain building fleets and taking over systems is funner! I always win by sabotaging the rebels mines!!! What i love to do is blockade the place, send 2 imperials to sabotage, one acting as a decoy, it work every time, the reason i sabotage instead of taking the place over right there and then is because it draws the rebel fleet to that place, and i have a fleet awaiting the rebels, and they come and i completely destroy all their ships (i love the interdictor cruiser!!!). And whenever i win a battle, the place that i win it on slowly turns over to my side! It's so awesome!!!

Old 12-12-2000, 08:19 PM   #16
Darth_Simpson

You can play a Star Wars mod in Homeworld. I haven't tested it myself, but it looks ace. I'll see if I can find the URL...
Old 12-12-2000, 08:21 PM   #17
Darth_Simpson

Here is the URL : http://www.strategyplanet.com/homeworld/zeelich/
Old 12-13-2000, 04:57 AM   #18
paulbarnard

Darth Simpson, ever here of the edit button?
Old 12-14-2000, 12:06 AM   #19
Jawamaster

Ever hear of freedom of speech or type or pst or whatever. . .

------------------
Jawamaster
Old 12-14-2000, 02:48 AM   #20
Darth_Simpson

Yeah, I've heard of the edit button...

Does it bother you that I made 2 posts...?
Old 12-14-2000, 03:15 AM   #21
Jawamaster

It's not like I care if you're taking up space, cuz it's unlimited!

------------------
Jawamaster
Old 12-14-2000, 05:04 AM   #22
paulbarnard

Nope. Just goes to show a lack of thought coherence, that's all.

(ha, I did. Take that JediMasterHorn)

[This message has been edited by paulbarnard (edited December 14, 2000).]
Old 12-14-2000, 01:59 PM   #23
Jerec350

Just had another idea! How about LucasArts teaming up with THQ to bring us: STAR WARS: Wrestling! What theme music would Darth Maul walk out to? "Duel of the Fates", "American Badass", or maybe even Kane's entrance? R2-D2 or C3-PO as referee? Emperor Palpatine or Jabba the Hutt as Vince McMahon? Titles: New Republic Heavyweighy Champion (World Heavyweight), Outer Rim Territories Champion (Intercontinental), Dark Side Champion (Hardcore), & Imperial Order Champion (European). You could mix all of the movie characters with the expanded universe characters to get a pretty interesting roster.
Old 12-14-2000, 04:37 PM   #24
JediMasterHorn

Thumbs down

"though coherence"?
Now who needs to use the edit button there Paul?
You shouldn't mess with people over stupid stuff like that, especially when you make mistakes yourself.
Old 12-14-2000, 07:07 PM   #25
Pedro The Hutt
Jedi Knight

Thumbs down

LEC team up with THQ for a wrestling game?
C'mon, as if Lucasarts' reputation wasn't bad enough already. Every (wrestling) game that THQ comes up with is crap, I have never heard of a THQ came wich didn't get bad reviews.(but strangely enough, nobody listens to them and it still sells by the truckload)

------------------
No!
I am your father.
Old 12-15-2000, 02:48 AM   #26
Darth_Simpson

I don't get why people watch wrestling?! It's so fake and stupid. Hope it never gets popular over in Europe!

And I think he was making a joke about the game Pedro...
Old 12-15-2000, 03:25 AM   #27
Jerec350

Thanks Darth Simpson. It was a joke. But to be quite honest I love STAR WARS & Wrestling so if they ever did team up I would have to jump on it. I know wrestling is fake but so are movies. It's just for entertainment. No different than soap opera's really. And regarding THQ's wrestling games: The WCW games pretty much sucked but now that THQ has the WWF the games have gotten much better. Smackdown! was a fun game and they say Smackdown! 2 is the best wrestling game made to date. But the whole reason I started this thread was for fun and some crazy discussion.
Old 12-15-2000, 04:21 PM   #28
Pedro The Hutt
Jedi Knight

OOPS! Hehehe....
I think that I'm going back to being death.(look at the :"who I really am" topic)

------------------
No!
I am your father.
Old 12-16-2000, 12:29 AM   #29
Jawamaster

Dead not Death (Sorry, I can't help it)

------------------
Jawamaster
Old 12-16-2000, 07:09 PM   #30
Pedro The Hutt
Jedi Knight

Hey, if my teacher yells at me if I write "dead" and says that I should write it with "th", go tell her.
But anyway, I've got another idea. LEC & AM2 should team up to create Shenmuenkey Island. (or you can write it as Shenmonkey Island).

------------------
No!
I am your father.
Old 12-20-2000, 03:49 AM   #31
Brian29

Well with Dark Forces 3 or any other Star Wars FPS I hope they use either a Quake III or Unreal engine to make the game.

I also hope they add more stormtroopers to the game. You didnt see any stormtroopers in Jedi-Knight until about 1/3 of the way through the game...

Come to think about it you know what would be even cooler. A thief style Star Wars game, where you have sneak around a imperial ship or an Imperial base of some kind to rescue hostages or steal plans. If you guys haven't played Theif, I recommend you pick it up. The blackjack is cool.

I mean can you imagine sneaking up behind a stormtrooper guard and knocking him out, to steal his uniform. That would be so cool!!!

What do you think??

Old 12-20-2000, 05:43 AM   #32
JediMasterHorn

Thats does sound pretty sweet. heck, I would like to do a FPs that re-inacts ANH. You know, where you free the princess and then escape. That might be fun.
Old 12-20-2000, 07:52 PM   #33
Pedro The Hutt
Jedi Knight

And be grabbed by a Dianoga?
Old 03-27-2001, 11:54 PM   #34
Tie Guy

Thumbs up

For any of you who still care out there:

i would like to see a RPG of StarWars and Squaresoft. I could be like a Final Fantasy with luke slicing people with his lightsaber and Han blasting them....oh well.

------------------
We will crush the Rebellion in one swift stroke.
Old 03-28-2001, 04:45 AM   #35
paulbarnard

We would care, but in the other post, I'm leading us off to war. We'll care when we get back...for those that do make it back.
Old 03-28-2001, 02:22 PM   #36
Jedimaster Tanskanen

Thumbs down

LEC is without new ideas! How about
demolition(hah! What a mess) and Battle for naboo(Oh no) NO PLOT at all!

NEW GAME IDEAS:
Return of Kyle Katarn?
Mara Jade and Kyle Katarn versus New Empire and itīs leader(dark jedi)
Rebellion 2?
X-wing Alliance(New missions)?

Old 03-28-2001, 10:15 PM   #37
Kurgan

Thumbs up

Well if you ask me (I know, nobody did), I don't really care much for wrestling (real or professional), but I do enjoy some wrestling video games (being a fighter fan).

What I dislike are the wrestling games where either:

1) You have no direct control over your character (ie: that horrendous "Tag Team Pro Wrestling" for NES where you basically have to choose your moves in a semi-turn-based interface).

2) It's just a "one on one fighting game" disguised, ie: "Ring of Destruction" "WWF Wrestlemania Arcade" etc.

In my opinion, a good wrestling game has a variety of moves (that DON'T require you to do 360's and crazy dragon punch motions on your joystick), allows you to move around ANYWHERE in the ring (not forcing you to stay on one horizontal plane, like Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat), and has multiplayer ability (especially four player tag teams!).

Good wrestling games allow you to pick from a variety of characters and have nice touches like secret weapons or signature moves. Those games can be fun. I enjoy many of the arcade ones, such as "Ring Rage", "WWF Superstars", "WWF Raw", and some others. I haven't gotten into the recent polygon grapplers, but I hear many of them suffer from poor controls and crappy animation.

Wrestling games can be fun and entertaining when they don't take themselves too seriously in content, but they do focus on having solid gameplay and a focus on teamplay/competition as an option if you don't want to go solo (much like any good fighting game).

Kurgan
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars Classic Gaming > 1. The HuB > The Cantina! > New STAR WARS Game Idea