lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Double bladed saber?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-13-2002, 04:44 PM   #1
DarthCiebin

Double bladed saber?

How do you get the double bladed saber??

"Anakin! How many times have I told you!.....Stay away from the power ...cuplings!" - Obi-wan from AOTC
DarthCiebin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2002, 05:15 PM   #2
Soul-Burn

in the console (shift + ~) you type:
devmap MAPNAME
and then
take the saber and holster it (press 1), then type in the console:
\thedestroyer
Soul-Burn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2002, 01:37 AM   #3
Psychobobvr21

What you discribe right there dosn't work for me
in single player it just dosn't work
and in multiplayer playing against bots it says that cheats are not enabled in this server!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so how do i get around this
Psychobobvr21 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2002, 01:40 AM   #4
Vicious_Bot

It only works in multiplayer, and you have to do activate cheats using the console.

bring it up and type
/devmap MAPNAME.

Sample map name; ffa_deathstar.

Then type /THEDESTROYER.

Remember to add bots and revel in how unbelievably strong the 2 bladed saber is.

Enjoy>> said the newbie.

-
If i haven't done it before, my Bot probably has.
Vicious_Bot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2002, 08:17 AM   #5
tofu

Yeah it whips ass with the Light style on. Just keep strafing and doing spins. Looks really nice with the double blades.
tofu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2002, 01:19 PM   #6
Outlaw Torn

Location: Small town in Indiana. (Wait, most towns are small in Indiana!)
Can you guys post a screenshot? I would like to see what it looks like. Thanks.

Do you bury me when Iím gone
Do you teach me while Iím here
Just as soon as I belong
Then itís time I disappear!
Outlaw Torn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2002, 02:32 PM   #7
The_Wounded

Well i wish the double bladed saber was just a weapons u could choose like when setting up force and make both types of lightsabers have force costs.
The_Wounded is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2002, 02:48 PM   #8
Ravenous

Is this the type of saber Darth Maul used, that kind of double bladed?
Ravenous is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2002, 02:56 PM   #9
Joruus

Blood Widow, Sith Goddess, runs her own sabers training server. Quite the inventive little minx.

If the image doesn't load, click here

Joruus/|UA|Ashenhand
Universal Alliance
Joruus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2002, 03:02 PM   #10
Outlaw Torn

Not too bad looking. Do you hold like a double saber or is it like holding the regular saber with an additional blade on bottom?

Just as soon as I belong
Old 04-14-2002, 03:08 PM   #11
Joruus

The double bladed saber doesn't really add anything to the game.

Both blades do damage, but with the current limitations on saber combat animations, the use of the second blade is relatively impossible.

It does look cool, but without the inherent advantages of being able to use that kind of saber in combat, its really just window dressing.

Personally I'd like to see the double bladed saber implemented as a feature, with its own combat style and its own limitations. Possibly a force cost to select it, and maybe a minutely slower, but more powerful combat style. Maybe the ability to dual wield sabers should it get broken in a fight? Theres lots of ideas, we're still waiting to see what kind of effort Raven themselves will be putting into the games patches.

EF didn't get much except some patches to fix game issues and introduce Jeri Ryan's voice, then an expansion pack which was mostly aimed at single player.

So I'm hoping Raven will take a different approach with JKO, its multiplayer community base will probably be immensely larger than EF's was.

Joruus/|UA|Ashenhand
Universal Alliance
Joruus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2002, 03:19 PM   #12
Outlaw Torn

And the mod possibilities are limitless as well. There is a guy at the Massassi Temple who made the best light staff mod for JK. It was sweet.

Just as soon as I belong
Old 04-16-2002, 03:18 PM   #13
The_Wounded

Well some how i don't get the double blade i tried everything but it just won't work other codes work fine but i can't seem to get the double bladed saber

i tried /thedestroyer with all kinds off upper and lower case letters but it doesn't do anything i just get the msg unknown command.
Old 04-16-2002, 03:44 PM   #14
Econ

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Wounded
Well some how i don't get the double blade i tried everything but it just won't work other codes work fine but i can't seem to get the double bladed saber

i tried /thedestroyer with all kinds off upper and lower case letters but it doesn't do anything i just get the msg unknown command.
Hey man,

You need to make sure you have the Lightsaber in your hand AND NOT TURNED ON.. it needs to be off..
Open console and enter

\THEDESTROYER

As soon as you press enter the Saber will ignite..

This is Multiplayer only... and the Cheats need to be enabled..
Econ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-16-2002, 07:32 PM   #15
The_Wounded

Hmm i hadn't figured out yet that u could turn off your lightsaber wif what function is this done?

Thnx.
Old 04-16-2002, 08:05 PM   #16
enDless_Deliriu

just push 1 to take out the saber, and 1 again to extinguish it.

1 will ignite it again, or you can just click and light it as you attack.

-----------------------------------------------

One of your resident Star Wars Geeks

The Way We See It
enDless_Deliriu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-16-2002, 08:24 PM   #17
LessThanJake

The server admin turned on cheats for us so we all(4 in total) fought with dual sabers. 2 of the guys kept trying to make them lock by walking towards each other but it never worked...the silly boys.

LessThanJake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2002, 09:23 AM   #18
The_Wounded

Thanx i got it workin. It looks nice but it isn't correct i cut my own legs if i look at how i use it
Old 04-26-2002, 01:52 PM   #19
LessThanJake

Yeah, unfortunately there are no new moves. The upside is that he holds the saber the same regardless of stance so noone'll know where you at.
LessThanJake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2002, 01:58 PM   #20
Sithcloak

Well i have been thinking about a mod so i will quote myself:

Light: You hold it in the sameplace as medium for the normal saber and it involves spinning the lightsaber and the person alot. Its pretty good defencive wise, but really is for killing troopers or showing off.

Duel: You hold it a little below your chest with two hands very much darthmaul style. This is very good for killing jedi cuz after lots of practice you block and chain an attack at the same time killing the jedi.

One Handed: This is very simmilar to heavy style becuase of the range of the swings. It is very poor at blocking, worse than heavy for normal saber.

Yes you can kill your self! If your chaining your attacks you have to be very carefull that one of your swings doesn't go overboard, cuz chaining results in this alot! This would be the main drawback.

How do you like the idea? If i could find the file i would program it but would still need someone to do the animations.

If anyone is interested just post. I'm not to serious about this.

Sithcloak

"It is obvious we can not settle this contest by our knowledge of the force, but by our skills with a lightsaber."
Sithcloak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2002, 01:40 PM   #21
Ko'or Oragahn

I am.

Well, even if I don't accept the concept of Red is slower and stronger (real sabre thanks), I think that it would be pretty interesting to be able to choose among many weapons and styles.

If we look at all the movies, we see that all the major Force Sensitive characters have their own style and their own weapon with their own features (ignition sound, shape, blade color, etc.), especially the Sith (Maul and Tyrannus weapons and styles).

I'm looking towards Mace and how he is supposed to fight, as Yoda, and then hope that some BIG mod will come out that would make the game duels look more like the movies ones (add stamina, concentration and anger status bars for example).

And more skins, more Force powers (with some of the actual ones being tweaked) and so on.

Again, making slow moves with your lightsabre won't make them more powerfull (ŗ la red stance). *sic*

I'm ok with the fact that the longer the blade touches something, the longer it does damage, but not with the red stance slow motion clumsy concept which is certainly non sense.

Btw, if such a mod was about to be released, I wish that the rolls had been like the SP ones.
Btw I think that every one agrees that a TRUE dismember feature is needed in mp.

Well, if anyone is interested...

I'm French, so excuse me for the lack of vocabulary, thx

Last edited by Ko'or Oragahn; 04-30-2002 at 01:54 PM.
Ko'or Oragahn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Double bladed saber?