lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Jawa Sandcrawler level
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-14-2002, 12:41 AM   #1
jedifire

Jawa Sandcrawler level

Is anyone going to make the Jawa Sandcrawler Level from jedi knight 1 in Outcast? That level was awesome with billions of secrets, I would be really disappointed if no one makes it for jedi outcast !
jedifire is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2002, 12:56 AM   #2
TrUeFoRcE

im pretty sure its impossible to make that map in JO it was too big, JO cant handle the size maps that jk1 did, there on completely different game engines....but ide guess that similar maps would be created..
TrUeFoRcE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2002, 01:35 AM   #3
jedifire

Quote:
Originally posted by TrUeFoRcE
im pretty sure its impossible to make that map in JO it was too big, JO cant handle the size maps that jk1 did, there on completely different game engines....but ide guess that similar maps would be created..
I think the game engine can handle large maps... take the single player maps for example, those maps are huge. I already heard that someone was making a mod to make the single player campaign multiplayer, and a multiplayer map like Narshadaa is huge as well just take a look at how tall the map is. I personally believe that maps can be as big as your computer can handle.
jedifire is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2002, 04:59 AM   #4
PsiSilverthorn

Jawa Sandcrawler level in JK1???!!! What are you talking about???!!! There was no Jawa Sandcrawler in JK1!! No Jawa's either for that matter!! Must have been smoking something when you played that game hehehehe
PsiSilverthorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2002, 05:10 AM   #5
BioHazzard

PASS DAT $#!+

What were you smoking and where can I get some, I too missed that level in JK1...
BioHazzard is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2002, 05:15 AM   #6
Hemi-Cuda

it was a custom map made for JK multiplayer. and it WAS the ****. so many cool secrets to explore. another really cool custom map was the one with all the little side missions and stuff. forget the name, but it was such a sweet map
Hemi-Cuda is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2002, 05:21 AM   #7
BioHazzard

I thought you were talking about a SP map and I was like WHA..but you were like THIS...and now I say AHHHH....and you will say YUP...and...well you get the point....
Old 04-14-2002, 05:21 AM   #8
Goumindong

carbon freeze was done so...

i cant see how it could really be larger that carbon freeze
Goumindong is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2002, 05:27 AM   #9
BioHazzard

You can make some large maps, as long as the server computer can handle the proccessing all should be well....The Q3 engine can DEFINITELY handle large maps....and I think I am no longer a pit droid....
Old 04-14-2002, 05:36 AM   #10
PsiSilverthorn

Ahhh...You definately should have said the custom MP Sandcrawler level...The way you said it, it sounded like a built-in SP level...But it makes sense now
PsiSilverthorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2002, 05:51 AM   #11
Mr_Sharky

Re: PASS DAT $#!+

Quote:
Originally posted by BioHazzard
What were you smoking and where can I get some, I too missed that level in JK1...
Mr_Sharky is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2002, 05:55 AM   #12
Obi-Cyph

Quote:
Originally posted by TrUeFoRcE
Jedi Outcast can handle huge maps. Its the Quake 3 engine. Anyone here played Quake 3: Team Arena? Now those are the definition of HUGE maps.

I remember one level in q3:ta where you'd be running for like 2-3 minutes to get from your base to their base

I am Obi-Cyph.
Obi-Cyph is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2002, 06:42 AM   #13
igor

Large maps, of course JO can handle it, think of Nar Shadaa. It took me forever to get through it the first time.
igor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2002, 09:35 AM   #14
CX_OmegaRed

Post Drazen Isle

The map which contains all the side missions which your talking about, if indead in mp, is most likely Drazen Isle... It was a rather large island with a sort of hide and seek... Was even complete with town drunks... Ah to have that in JO... heh... C'mon and release the SDK raven!
CX_OmegaRed is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Jawa Sandcrawler level