lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: MORE Civs
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-22-2001, 11:25 AM   #1
Paladin

Lightbulb MORE Civs

I think it would be awesome if they had more civs like the rodians and Trandoshan. Whatever happened to the EWoks and jawas
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2001, 11:54 AM   #2
crazy_dog

Unhappy

I understand Jawas, Ewoks, Tradoshans and possibly Bothans, but those were independent races. The Rodians are already included as Imperial units, while the Mon Cals are probably Rebel units. . Just because an alien race exists doesn't mean they are independent.
Old 08-22-2001, 03:50 PM   #3
Admiral Odin

while the Naboo, Trade Federation, Wookies, and Gunguns are limited to only one species the Rebels and Empire can represent many. (the bonthans are good spies in the book, maybe a good undeteceted scouting unit)
Old 08-22-2001, 03:56 PM   #4
Gamma732

I have a feeling theres only going to be the six civs we know about in the game, but if the game does well enough(Why wouldn't it?? ), more could always be in an xpack.
Old 08-22-2001, 04:59 PM   #5
Paragon_Leon
LFN Staff Emeritus

...don't rule out the possibilities of a 'hidden' civ... you could complete all campaigns and get that civ to play with, for instance... that would be the ultimate easter egg..

Paragon_Leon = = =

"Well sometimes you hear an artist say: 'This is a song that God gave to me.' and when he starts playing it, you understand why God didn't want it anymore." - Martyn Joseph
Paragon_Leon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2001, 05:03 PM   #6
Gamma732

Hmm.......Sounds good, but how would they incorporate that into the multiplayer?
Old 08-22-2001, 05:13 PM   #7
Paragon_Leon
LFN Staff Emeritus

in AOK, you work with profiles.. so any profile that can select them, gets them...

Paragon_Leon = = =

"Well sometimes you hear an artist say: 'This is a song that God gave to me.' and when he starts playing it, you understand why God didn't want it anymore." - Martyn Joseph
Paragon_Leon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2001, 05:54 PM   #8
Compa_Mighty
The Ancient Forum Sage

Rodians won't be in the x-pack because they're the imperial bounty hunters.

I don't think there'll be Mon Cal units with the rebels, I still think they're the best option for an x-pack.

About the hidden civ, I don't like it , cause not everyone will be able to get that civ.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Forum Record: Longest term without changing avatar Breaking my own record as you read.
Compa_Mighty is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2001, 06:09 PM   #9
AoErat

There won't be any other civs added, or a "secret civ". I believe this because it takes quite awhile to make a civilization's art set. Perhaps 30 buildings, 30-40 units, interface art, etc. That takes a lot of time.

AoErat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2001, 06:21 PM   #10
Gamma732

If some people can pick a multiplayer civ and others can't, thats kind of unfair....
Old 08-22-2001, 06:41 PM   #11
Master Yoda

Not if they made right so that the other civs still had counters to its units.I hope they put one in that would make going through the campaigns a whole lot funner.
Old 08-22-2001, 08:11 PM   #12
Admiral Odin

Create a secrete civ and not tell anyone. Just say easter egg on the box.

I personally would be impressed if it happened but I don't think it will. To much work and might delay the game.
Old 08-23-2001, 12:27 AM   #13
TieDefender75

I think they should just keep the ones they have.
Maybe in a xpack they will add more civs. But for now that probably covers everyone.

"When angels are forced out of Heaven, they become Devils" Vicious
"Now is your time to chose, die and be free of pain or live and fight our sorrow" Auron
"The stars prophesize that Zhuge Liang's death is immenent...." Sima Yi
TieDefender75 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2001, 12:59 AM   #14
Lord JayVizIon
Lord Jor El

yes, i agree in that a secret civ is not a possibility in this game. there aren't that many rts games with secret civs as a bonus. matter of fact, i don't know an rts game with a secret civ.

the ewoks will be available in the editor, and i agree that if this game does well, which it should, they will add a few civs to an expansion pack. i think a cool civ to add would be the chiss and have their hero as grand admiral thrawn. i was reading star wars gamer last nite and read up on them. they sound far more interesting than i thought.

"He who carves himself to suit everyone whittles himself away...

Niners are back!
Niners in 2003!!!
Lord JayVizIon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2001, 04:30 AM   #15
crazy_dog

Admiral Odin: IT IS A LARGE POSSIBLILITY THAT THE THE TRADE FED IS NOT LIMITED TO ONE SPECIES (DROIDS ALTHOUGH THEY AREN'T SCIENTIFICALLY A SPECIES) . . WHAT HAPPENED TO THE NEIOMODIANS?
Old 08-23-2001, 04:32 AM   #16
crazy_dog

Sometimes I don't understand myself. Actually, you're right Odin.
Old 08-23-2001, 08:40 AM   #17
God

couldn't they add corsec and the corillian sector and hapes cluster because they are seperate organizations?
Old 08-23-2001, 09:37 AM   #18
crazy_dog

Sorry to sound like a whiner but do you mean organisations in the sence of nations/civs or like World Wildlife Fund or something ?
Old 08-23-2001, 10:49 AM   #19
God

i mean like civ and nations. they are completly different and could be added.
Old 08-23-2001, 11:43 AM   #20
crazy_dog

I've never heard of them, but maybe
Old 08-23-2001, 11:48 AM   #21
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Drinker of Hot Chocolate

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord JayVizIon
yes, i agree in that a secret civ is not a possibility in this game. there aren't that many rts games with secret civs as a bonus. matter of fact, i don't know an rts game with a secret civ.

the ewoks will be available in the editor, and i agree that if this game does well, which it should, they will add a few civs to an expansion pack. i think a cool civ to add would be the chiss and have their hero as grand admiral thrawn. i was reading star wars gamer last nite and read up on them. they sound far more interesting than i thought.
Yes, yes! The Chiss should be in the game!

About the secret civ:
A secret civ would be really fun, but too much work. Perhaps the could have a secret batch of units in the editor, or a secret in which one unit from each civ is replaced by a different unit. That wouldn't be too hard to add.

Although, that secret civ idea is still pretty cool! I wouldn't mind it!

Thrawn's Driving Theories

1. Green light means go. Yellow light means go faster. Red light means you didn't go fast enough.
2. If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the road. . . and the sidewalk. . . heck don't come outside.
3. I'm going to drive really, really fast. That way I'll pass all the scenes of the accidents before they even happen!
4. Real men don't need brakes.
5. If other cars can't feel your CD playing, it's not loud enough.

Motto: As far as I can, as fast as I can, as loud as i can.
Mitth'raw'nuruodo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2001, 11:52 AM   #22
Paladin

About the Secret Civ:
I think when one player has it unlocked it in multiplayer, it should automatically be availible to everyone. While in single player they can't use the civ agaisnt the cpu,ai.
Old 08-23-2001, 02:32 PM   #23
Lord JayVizIon
Lord Jor El

no doubt, a secret civ would be great, but i think they just didn't have enough time to do such a thing. however, just cross your fingers for a really awesome expansion pack....

"He who carves himself to suit everyone whittles himself away...

Niners are back!
Niners in 2003!!!
Lord JayVizIon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2001, 02:39 PM   #24
Paladin

Arrow

Hopefully they will make an x-pansion in the future
Old 08-23-2001, 02:47 PM   #25
Tie Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Paladin
About the Secret Civ:
I think when one player has it unlocked it in multiplayer, it should automatically be availible to everyone. While in single player they can't use the civ agaisnt the cpu,ai.
Sorry, bot possible, you can't send that much info across the net fast enough. If you could then you could play MP with only one person having the game, which would rock, but will not be happening. Plus, the developers wouldn't allow that coz some people wouldn't have to buy the game. Looks like we will indedd just have to wait for an x-pac.
Old 08-23-2001, 04:05 PM   #26
madperm

i hope they have an expansion pack or something with the JAwa's as a civ
Old 08-23-2001, 06:25 PM   #27
darthfergie
Q-38 Modulator

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by madperm
i hope they have an expansion pack or something with the JAwa's as a civ
That...would be insane

Noghri!!!!
Hapan!!!!
or even a real Old Republic!!!!

darthfergie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2001, 10:29 PM   #28
Darth_Rommel
argh

The Noghri would be an awesome civ! The old republic wouldn't be very techinically advanced- it's OLD , right? And the Hapans would also be awesome
Darth_Rommel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2001, 12:04 AM   #29
Kvan

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth_Rommel
The Noghri would be an awesome civ! The old republic wouldn't be very techinically advanced- it's OLD , right? And the Hapans would also be awesome
Actually I'd think the Old Republic would be just as good as the rest. Technology degraded during the Emporers reign
Old 08-24-2001, 02:35 PM   #30
crazy_dog

Isn't the Naboo really part of the Old Republic. You could use the Naboo instead. I mean both civs will suck.
Old 08-24-2001, 02:41 PM   #31
Darth_Rommel
argh

But... but... The Naboo have the STEADFAST! The Naboo will be just as good as all the other 'cos the game is (key word, children) balanced
Darth_Rommel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2001, 06:04 PM   #32
darthfergie
Q-38 Modulator

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by crazy_dog
Isn't the Naboo really part of the Old Republic. You could use the Naboo instead. I mean both civs will suck.
I don't recall anyone at Corascant using the Panaka suit or any of the guards. Also the Old Rep. would have better Jedis (maybe even a 1 in ranking ) plus they would have better mechs, troops and fighters (maybe) Mechs and troops because the Naboo was a little bit on the pacifist side.

darthfergie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2001, 07:01 PM   #33
Paladin

If they ever include the Old Republic, their Jedi would be their only strengh. But will still be a very tough opponant but i will lead that up 2 the developers.
Old 08-24-2001, 07:07 PM   #34
Rdog22

In the Tales of Jedi series and in other Pre-Empire notations, the Old Republic actually had pretty powerful troops. They had a Rocket Trooper that was similar to our Paratroopers. They also had the At-Pt at the end of the Old Republic (as was mentioned in the Thrawn trilogy). Though we know very little about their Air Forces, it is most likely safe to assume that they were pretty powerful.

Come to my Website!

Corellia
Welcome to Corellia!
Rdog22 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2001, 07:09 PM   #35
Paladin

K, I don't remember that much about the Old Republic
Old 08-25-2001, 12:46 AM   #36
Admiral Odin

that is because it is old.
Old 08-25-2001, 10:31 AM   #37
Paladin

true
Old 08-25-2001, 09:46 PM   #38
Admiral Odin

I state the obvious
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > Community > GalacticBattles.com > Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds > Galactic Discussion > MORE Civs