lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Can't load mods
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-15-2002, 04:41 AM   #1
ACECII

Can't load mods

I have installed a number of mods into my jedi knight II/game data/base directory, where it says I am supposed to, but when I go to the mods section under setup i cant load any of the mods because it doesnt list them there. What am I doing wrong?

ACEC
ACECII is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2002, 04:58 AM   #2
BCanr2d2
Chief B*log Man

You are doing nothing wrong, what these people are calling Mods, and what the game is looking for are two different things.
These current downloads are replacements for current objects in the game, and are placed in the base directory so that the game uses them ALL of the time, you don't have to turn them on.
Since JO uses Q3A code, a Mod in what it is looking for, is actually installed in the JO folder, with a different folder name, and needs to be activated, like you are trying to do. I guess it is some people inaccurately naming what they have done to the game.
BCanr2d2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2002, 05:32 AM   #3
PsiSilverthorn

Well a mod is a mod is a mod is a mod, etc...You get the point....Yes what is being released is still a mod because it either modifies default things or adds new things to the game regardless of HOW the game loads them....The difference is ONLY in how the mods are loaded....Putting them in the Base directory causes JKII to load them automatically every time the game is started....But if you put them in separate directories in the GameData directory then you have to load them in the game via to load mod screen....That allows for more flexibility if you don't want the mod loading all the time
PsiSilverthorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2002, 01:43 PM   #4
ACECII

Ahhh....

Gotcha. Thanks.
ACECII is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Can't load mods