lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Do you swear to uphold the *ASC* ?
I do so swear! 102 65.38%
mommy! you guys are mean! 54 34.62%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: The Anti-Saberist Code
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-14-2002, 11:48 AM   #161
ArtifeX

Quote:
Originally posted by guest
What's the moral of the story? Each of us played by our rules. I decided to play dirty. They all ganged up on me. I continued to play dirty, they continued to gang up on me. One of them started playing dirty by staying away and kept throwing his saber at me while I was busy with the others. The other one just banged at my head on hoping I will die before I pull another one over them. The third just plain messed around hoping to get a kill by doing the same thing I was doing. And it was fun. Why was it fun? Because we all played the way we wanted to. Because we didn't play the way we did for fear of getting ganged up on and kicked off the server. Because we didn't have to follow some "code of honor" just so we could be called c00l or l33t or just so we weren't branded as a l4m3r. Because we didn't have to force a set of rules on each other that we didn't want to follow.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Artifex *ASC*
ArtifeX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2002, 03:54 PM   #162
Vestril
The Man

If everyone played with an open mind, like you might if you were playing with friends, we would all have a lot more fun, and there wouldn't be all of these problems. There wouldn't be flaming or whining or complaining (I play Duel servers and it gets annoying when people die and immediately go 'that lucky fag' 'he needs to get skills' or something like that).

Anyway...that's a code people should sign up for--the GB code (good buddies code). The only thing you have to do is treat everyone like they're one of your friends...

Vestril was here!!!!!!!!!
Vestril is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2002, 09:05 PM   #163
[bh] Jodo Kast

Nothing like a new world to explore

Thanks for sticking up for the rest of us! Now I know who are the real 'Blademasters' out there...

Role-Playing is kept separate to keep you in your world and us out, and we like it that way. I want to SWASHBUCKLE and keep the light monotony-driven fencing and promenading in private servers away in their land. *ASC* is about keeping it real -- not about who stitched their robe (which is cool but def. role-playing).

Finally, this game is not a role-playing game and that's not good in itself. Most of these people would be playing online with 'RPG settings' like Ultima Online or Everquest if this game was programmed to feature 'just a little more'. It's ultimately Raven's fault for giving us a game that isn't very flexible, and doesn't give us any role-playing. Imagine if MP maps had NPC characters that allowed you to interact with other players DIFFERENTLY. For instance, you could buy a double-blade with enough kills from Watto and then use the double-blade in combat.

As it is SC and lots of others are playing out their role-playing everywhere except the GAME!! Hopefully they NOW KNOW how we feel about their magic (force powers) and fantasy (role-playing) and Codes: it's just a game to us and you are playing out of bounds.

*ASC* Jodo Kast

Last edited by [bh] Jodo Kast; 05-16-2002 at 11:05 AM.
[bh] Jodo Kast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2002, 04:58 PM   #164
Dark Begger

hmm...

I quite understand what Anti is saying, a FFA is a FFA, and there are no 'rules' that people must conform to to play. But, when it comes to dueling (in duel servers), I bow, I turn off my saber, call me a sissy or whatever you want, I do it because it's fun. I don't do it to honor other people or whatever, I just do it because it looks cool and it's fun to do, makes duels look flashier and more professional. But then again, I do not force my opponent to bow, for all I care they can stand there and watch me bow and then start the match. But what I don't like happening (again, remember this is for dueling servers) is when you bow, and the opponent takes advantage of the situation and tries to DFA you or something. The guy does not have to bow, but attacking in a duel when the opponent is not ready is not showing you are better at all. I don't know if you guys agree, but I know there will be lamers out there who will bitch and whine about my post. I'm trying to keep it as neutral as I possibly can.
Dark Begger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2002, 09:24 PM   #165
[bh] Jodo Kast

My recommendation is to label your servers as SC servers. This way you can kick the jerks like you just described.

As it is now, it seems everyone is either staying with 1.02 or upgrading to 1.03. This means there are now 50% 1.02 and 50% 1.03 servers.

Now imagine if they released 1.04. If Raven again half-heartedly corrects the gameplay, 1.03 users will upgrade, some will not, others will still stay with 1.02, others will reinstall and use 1.01.

To prevent constant errors in the future (Version 7 expected but got Version 6, Version 8 expected but got Version 6, etc, etc) there are two options:

1. Release no more patches. This will keep fragmentation down.
2. Provide the dedicated servers with the ability to configure their OWN game, which means only 1 more patch is needed.

This way you could modify the game - you would see the settings when you first log in - and even check the server info for a server playing the type of game you like. You could customize the settings for each move. Since there are so many, PRESETS could be used so you know what a server is like by it's PRESET name (like: Blademaster DFA2 Server)

As it is, we must conform to 1.02 or 1.03 ... even tho we BOUGHT the game! Maybe the SDK will address these issues, but who wants to rely on the public to standardize the next JK2 Patch??
[bh] Jodo Kast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2002, 03:39 PM   #166
Lemon[H]ead

/me applied to join *ASC*

Artifex: YGM

I like the way that S!TH!NATOR played against Artifex and lost (saw it on the *ASC* website). I was most chuffed.

Man I read that -SC- thread and was appalled. It was like watching the formation of a new Nazi party or something, kinda like whats happening in europe right now with the Netherlands and France shifting to the far right.

Lemon[H]ead is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2002, 03:41 AM   #167
Lyonhaert

I won't wear any tag or any of that BS, but the servers I play on and the ppl I play with often use many of the SC rules. WTF gives anyone the right to tell anyone how to play a game? And why the hell NOT team up on a player who is ONLY trying to ruin everyone elses fun? I see nothing wrong with that.

Hell we even have padguarders sometimes who ONLY guard against incoming llama's.(not usually that successful, but fun anyway).

The SC nor ASC has no right to tell anyone how to play the game, and if you want to be an ******* and interfere with duels/people waiting on duels for the sake of pissing them off.. don't whine about getting gangraped by 'em.

And don't tell me any BS about going to a duel server... I like being able to move around/taunt/whatever while i watch or wait for a duel. Besides.. telling duelists to go to duel servers is... telling someone else how to play the game.. I thought you people were against that??

Kill ya's later.
Lyonhaert is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2002, 05:41 PM   #168
etrcoke

give me the code

I want it
etrcoke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2002, 03:55 PM   #169
Balance

erhm.... You'll probably think I'm stupid for saying this, but erhm.... by making this 'ASC' you doing exactly the same thing that the -SC- ers are doing:

making rules that you think other people should follow because you think they're good..... I don't have an -SC- tag, but when I'm just walking there with my saber off and someone DFAs me from behind, I go after the guy for the rest of the game and make sure I make his game a living hell... why? Because you simply don't kill someone who's got his saber off, atleast not while he's just walking ..... if he's hoarding holocrons or running away from someone else because he's getting his ass kicked, then it's fine by me, but basically: both *ASC* and -SC- are stupid sets of rules meant only to ruin the game for those that don't follow them.
Balance is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2002, 06:29 AM   #170
Kid Hanover

Too funny...

It seems to me........ that the reason most of these would-be duelers are on a an FFA server in the first place is because they don't have the patience to wait,......like other "duelers" .....on a reagular duel server............
Kid Hanover is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2002, 08:39 AM   #171
pillemann

if you play by SC it's good.
if you don't it's good too.

i respect the code and you'll often find me standing round the pit watching others duelling.
if you feel like kicking my ass over the edge when i'm unarmed...just go ahead. it doesn't bother me.
i'll just respawn and 15 secs later you'll find me again at the same place...and if it's fun to you, kick me again.
i don't give a s**t on the score.

all the rest is just bla bla.
pillemann is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2002, 07:31 AM   #172
Jevesus

thanks for the good laugh, artifex, i agree wholeheartedly with you, in the context of FFA.

Duel servers are another deal.

- Jevesus
Jevesus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2002, 08:38 AM   #173
Calexus

ArtifeX, i salute you ......
Calexus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2002, 06:51 PM   #174
dugan_yoyo

My philosophy: kill anyone and everyone. If they see fit to turn off their lightsaber, they are just making it easier on you.

dugan_yoyo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2003, 03:29 PM   #175
[SiN]-MagusDusK

Arifex I tottally think everyone should be as relaxed as you. Also i had a really good laugh at you force powers thread. Although I have news for the die hard gun noobs. You use a gun because you cant use a saber. Stop denying you suck at the main focus of the intire game your just trying to cover it with cocky excuses. SiN is the biggest Clan in JK2 right now we have 250 members. Also we barly lose, SiN- Perfect cell is number one on non-force dueling darkside stats. Smith and Brozen are number one on ANY force dueler, and we have a powerful counter stike division( for the guns part, guns in JK take no skill in counter strike you have to aim). If anyone here knows SiN you know we dont follow any SC bull**** rule system. We have been branded the lamer clan. WTF are you going to do to 250 lamers?? Nothing stfu sit down. If you shot me with a gun or didnt show respect with a GF i wouldnt even use my saber i would just kick you in the face over and over again intill you hate me with all your little weak heart. Also you will be suprised to see how many no names in a server magiclly have SiN tags appear in front of there name after you even walk to near a member. 5 out of every 20 JK2 players you meet on random servers will probably be SiN with the tags removed. Anyway stfu and practice your saber anyone can counter a gun anyway. Its called face the shooter your saber will block it. If its a rocket or something like that then you push. How hard is that?

SiN 4 L!!!!
[SiN]-MagusDusK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2003, 04:10 PM   #176
pillemann

**** man...this thread is still alive...
Old 04-05-2003, 09:02 AM   #177
ArtifeX

LOL. it's the thread that just never dies. hehehehe.

Artifex *ASC*
ArtifeX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2003, 02:01 PM   #178
Aeroshift

hahaha good job artifex, you own
Aeroshift is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2003, 09:51 AM   #179
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Thumbs up

This is one of the greatest threads ever. ; )

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2003, 07:14 PM   #180
CanadianSurfer

This thread rules, mainly because it points out the people who killed this game.

*coughrpgnoobscough*

CanadianSurfer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2003, 07:22 PM   #181
Fluffay

Great thread, I wish my trolling capabilities were this high.
Fluffay is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2003, 05:20 PM   #182
Kurgan
Headhunter

Nah, they didn't KILL the game, they may have tried to (inadvertently perhaps) but we all had a good hearty laugh at their expense... for example in the "If the movies played like JK2" thread, and this one. ; )

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Old 04-26-2003, 06:48 PM   #183
pillemann

so far....i agree
Old 05-08-2003, 12:08 AM   #184
Solbe M'ko

I take great comfort in the fact that people who play to win will go to the newest, fastest game as soon as it becomes available, while those of us who play for fun will finally be rid of them.

I already regret having dignified this thread with a response...

Solbe M'ko is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2003, 04:58 PM   #185
mikely

Cool Guy

hi i have no clue what i'm doing lol
mikely is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2003, 03:23 AM   #186
Jevan

Hi. I've only just read this thread - in fact I've only just registered on this forum. However, I've already heard of ArtifeX - I haven't played a MP game in a long time that isn't running Promod. Great mod, BTW . It seems to me that a lot of people really need to think about what they're saying.
One phrase that will stick in my mind for a long time:

"ArtiFag, you are a freakin' moron. Plain&Simple! -You must clearly be between the ages of 6-12 or you have the mentality to match. It's ignorant idiots like you that ruin MP gaming for other players,particularly JK][!" (credit for this fabulous and wonderfully intelligent statement goes to S!TH!NATOR - or something like that)

Hmmm... you seem to have contradicted yourself in this statement - something to do with a mis-spelling and an insult - maybe you should have thought this through before you posted.
I don't care about these rules - I wouldn't follow them unless every server was following them. Even then I'd be more likely to stick to the LAN that I normally play on. If you want rules like that, keep them to a server of your own - that way people who don't want to follow them won't - also, ArtifeX - if they want to follow these rules - that's their choice - don't start threads like this - although I don't believe that there was any point in the thread containing the "Saberist Code" either.
SITHINATOR - do you have some kind of problem with people aged between 6 and 16 - you sound like you are within that bracket. How old are you? I'm 14. Do I sound like I'm spouting immature crap? There's a difference between maturity and age - you don't seem to have mastered the maturity yet, although you may have the age. Possibly you've beaten the 6 year old, though - you're perhaps not in those realms anymore, at least.
ArtifeX, there's no need to deliberately piss people off - keep it to yourself - although you and I know that he's not going to discover force sensitivity being noble on a MP game - especially with that temper. (Before anyone comments - I'm not pretending I don't have a short temper or anything like that).
Play the way you want, people - it adds variety to the game -which is too often missing in games like CS and UT ("Why don't we spawn-camp, or use a wall hack - it's so FUN!" - there is FAR too much of this) - it's difficult to add variety in a guns-only game - there's too little to vary.
Where would the world be without villains - there would be no heroes! I don't mean cheating - I just mean generally brutal and vicious players who play to kill anyone and everyone as easily as possible. It's the work that goes into beating these players your own way that makes the game fun.
Finally, and most importantly, IT'S A GAME - don't get yourself too wound up about it - I used to play X-Wing Alliance, and I saw far too many people leave because they got wound up over something essentially harmless.

P.S. Woohoo! My first post on a JKII forum!

Last edited by Jevan; 05-11-2003 at 03:38 AM.
Jevan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2003, 03:44 AM   #187
Jevan

LOL Just read earlier on this page...
"Now imagine if they released 1.04."
...and realised how old this thread is. Nevertheless my previous post stands. Just my opinion.
Jevan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2003, 07:43 PM   #188
Hannotje

Exclamation

Whats the ip of ArtifeX ? so i can bann him allready in a few servers ,WE DONT WANT GUYS LIKE YOU

Check pfclan.tk :-)
Hannotje is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2003, 02:38 AM   #189
Grilled-Sarlacc

Heh. This is a sweet code!!!! I ABIDE TO IT!

Grilled-Sarlacc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2003, 06:37 AM   #190
Kurgan
Headhunter

Quote:
Whats the ip of ArtifeX ? so i can bann him allready in a few servers ,WE DONT WANT GUYS LIKE YOU
Good, 'cause I wouldn't want to play on a server that would ban him anway. ; )

Old 02-14-2004, 10:52 PM   #191
lazoras
Rookie

Final Rule: I Swear to be a lamer since i dont have the skills to take on anyone with their gaurd up and submit myself to cheasy tactics in the JK series such as pull kick , and pull throw because i cant beat anyone without the advantage, at the same time i swear to deny my weakness and claim to own even though i dont confine my skills to honor and expect somone who does to beat me.

Fear is not an Option...
~lazoras
lazoras is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2004, 12:07 AM   #192
_PerfectAgent_

Before I reply....

ULTIMATE THREAD REVIVAL!!!!!

Okay. First...

If someone relies on not having their guard up to survive, they have no skills.

If someone keeps on spamming a technique on you, then you're doing something wrong! Why not disallow attacking, after all, it does give the one who doesn't die an unfair advantage

I won't confine my skills to "honor."
_PerfectAgent_ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2004, 03:28 PM   #193
Kengo

There should be some kind of special Anti-thread revival special forces at LF on 24 hour alert for something like this

Errr...it goes to show people argue about JA just like they did for JO. It's a shame we haven't seen any more from ProMod, that was the only kind of JO I played in the end - I know ArtifeX passed it on to the AotC project and we haven't yet seen the fruits of this for download.

------------------------------------------------
www.map-review.com
Kengo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2004, 11:47 AM   #194
Druid Allanon
Rookie

This has been going on for ages...
Quote:
Final Rule: I Swear to be a lamer since i dont have the skills to take on anyone with their gaurd up and submit myself to cheasy tactics in the JK series such as pull kick , and pull throw
Don't make me laugh. JKA = GAME. What's the purpose of this game? To score frag points. Is there any rule saying HOW we must acheive frags? No. Therefore, pull kick, pull throw, grip kick, etc, isn't cheap, it's all in the game. You think that's cheap, go to console and type 'devmap', for god's sake, it'll make you FAINT.

Quote:
because i cant beat anyone without the advantage
It's not an advantage if you say it's easy to do. If I'm not wrong, all people who play the game can use it, can't they?

Quote:
at the same time i swear to deny my weakness and claim to own even though i dont confine my skills to honor and expect somone who does to beat me.
Deny weakness? Nah, on the contrary. Since they use skills which are easier to score points, we should learn those moves too, shouldn't we?

Confine skills to honor? I don't consider whining honor, thank you. I was on the -{DS}- server earlier today, and I kept using grip kick on everyone, including a dude named 'something-Knight'(Let's call him Knight, shall we?). Anyway, I used grip kick on him tons of times, and in the end, guess what he did? He came up to me and asked me to teach him how to do grip kick, instead of doing the usual whining and bitching like 'OMG YOU HAXORZ NOOB!!!'. He was being a good sport about it. THAT, is honor. Not in your skills or anything, but your attitude.
Druid Allanon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2004, 03:08 PM   #195
AxWolF
Banned

What a change of atitude allanon, after you being such a woozy coward honor noob. You r begining to see.

And by the way, this is a huge revival, this thread died 7 months ago.
AxWolF is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2004, 03:43 AM   #196
Druid Allanon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by AxWolF
What a change of atitude allanon, after you being such a woozy coward honor noob. You r begining to see.

And by the way, this is a huge revival, this thread died 7 months ago.
Exactly... I was bored one day, and I went into a server to lame. I've seen my fair share of whiners already.
Druid Allanon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-22-2004, 09:48 PM   #197
_PerfectAgent_

Quote:
Originally posted by Druid Allanon
Anyway, I used grip kick on him tons of times, and in the end, guess what he did? He came up to me and asked me to teach him how to do grip kick, instead of doing the usual whining and bitching like 'OMG YOU HAXORZ NOOB!!!'. He was being a good sport about it. THAT, is honor. Not in your skills or anything, but your attitude.
We need more people like him instead of whiners that tell you to stop using techniques.
_PerfectAgent_ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Help Center > Strategy Shack > The Anti-Saberist Code