lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: demo to avi?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-16-2002, 11:49 AM   #1
cLIpT0

demo to avi?

is there any way to convert recorded demo's from JKII to avi or mpeg or something? or do u always have to watch ur demo's in JKII itself???
cLIpT0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-16-2002, 12:01 PM   #2
Morcavalin

Yeah, there is a way.

Found this in a previous post:
Open the console and type:

Bind kp_5 cl_avidemo 0
bind kp_uparrow cl_avidemo 25

This will bind five and eight on your numpad to start and stop. You can start this in a demo or in midgame if you wanted to (but it's totally unplayable if you do.)

The variable there (0,25) is the number of frames per second it records at, theoretically you can do more, but it's really just a waste of HD space, 25 is more than sufficient.

Once you're done while recording from a movie, it will output to a folder in your base directory called "screenshots"

Then use a program like Videomach (which is shareware) to output it to an avi form, then use your favorite codec to encode.

Videomach here: http://www.gromada.com/VideoMach.html

Works just fine. Videomach seems to crash if you choose to put music on though. Use Adobe premier to edit and put music on your demo instead.

Morcavalin
Morcavalin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-16-2002, 12:03 PM   #3
PurplWulf

while watching the demo use the console command:
cl_avidemo 25

that will export the demo into 25 jpg frames a second to the screenshot folder

when the demo is complete, change the setting back to 0 (default) to stop exporting frames.

once you have the frames from the demo, you can use a program like VideoMach to turn those frames into an AVI file.

I wouldn't suggest using VideoMach to add sound to the demo however, it seems to have alot of issues with that.

I then take the AVI file I made in VideoMach and open it up in Adobe Premiere and add sound and special effects as I need/want them.

the only problem with this setup, is that if you don't have any good video and audio compression codecs, a 30 second AVI file is about 200 megs.

I use DivX 5.0 for my video codec, and Microsoft ADPCM for sound compression of the mp3's and I can make a 2 minute video that's about 40 Megs.

HTH

the purple one
PurplWulf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-16-2002, 12:06 PM   #4
cLIpT0

thx alot guys
cLIpT0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-16-2002, 01:37 PM   #5
DarthCobra

Question

Does anyone know how to enable cheats in demo so i can change the cg_thirdpersonangle and cg_thirdpersonrange for avi captures.. and also .. how do u get the sound!!
DarthCobra is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-16-2002, 08:45 PM   #6
Morcavalin

Enabling cheats in MP is made by typing devmap followed by the map name, if Im not mistaken.

Regarding sound from the demo to the AVI: Forget it. What you actually are doing is taking 25 screenshots per second and then running them as a film. There is no way to capture the sound.

/Morcavalin
Old 04-16-2002, 10:15 PM   #7
DarthCobra

Quote:
Originally posted by DarthCobra
Does anyone know how to enable cheats in demo so i can change the cg_thirdpersonangle and cg_thirdpersonrange for avi captures.. and also .. how do u get the sound!!
If you dont know the answer.. Thats ok .. no need to say it cant be done .. im sure you are mistaken. And enableing cheats in demo mode is what i wanna know.
DarthCobra is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-16-2002, 10:48 PM   #8
Morcavalin

Well, In theory you could record the sound with some wav-editor from the demo by firing Cool edit (or some other program up) press record, run the demo and then later synch it with the moving pictures using Adobe Premiere. Thats the only way I can see it being done. Good luck!
Old 04-17-2002, 07:40 AM   #9
Kyp The Faith

Hey could someone post a listing of all the names of the maps so I can use the devmap command in SP? I can't seem to find a listing of them. Thanks.

Kyp.
Kyp The Faith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2002, 07:44 AM   #10
Pseudonym

Map List
kejim_post
kejim_base
artus_mine
artus_detention
artus_topside
valley
yavin_temple
yavin_trial
ns_streets
ns_hideout
ns_starpad
bespin_undercity
bespin_streets
bespin_platform
cairn_bay
cairn_assembly
cairn_reactor
cairn_dock1
doom_comm
doom_detention
doom_shields
yavin_swamp
yavin_canyon
yavin_courtyard
yavin_final
pit
ctf_bespin
ctf_imperial
ctf_ns_streets
ctf_yavin
duel_bay
duel_jedi
duel_pit
duel_carbon
ffa_bespin
ffa_deathstar
ffa_imperial
ffa_ns_hideout
ffa_ns_streets
ffa_raven
ffa_yavin
Pseudonym is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2002, 07:44 AM   #11
power_ed

get them here

::/Ed

HEY, YOU THERE!
power_ed is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > demo to avi?