lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Newbie question: lightsabers
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-17-2002, 05:49 AM   #1
ER1

Newbie question: lightsabers

posted this in the other forum too, but mroe people seem to be here

I just started playing, and i must say that this game is GREAT and well worth the price

however, everytime i play the multiplayer mode (single player is too puzzle based for me) i get myself smashed every 1v1 or actually, everytime i attack someone with a lightsaber.

While reading thsi forum i read about all sorts of funny moves/modes you can do with your saber, but i don't know how to do that =(

All i do is charge the guy and start chopping (and it goes in all sorts of weird directions too, hard to control) and sometimes i hit the guy, he dies, but most of the time, i am usually blocked, etc, etc, and the guy slices me up in one hit.

now...how do i actually use that lightsaber probably. I asked my friends and they tell me to use guns, but i don't want to because i am a big Star Wars fan =P

someone help please?
ER1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2002, 05:55 AM   #2
Morcavalin

Welcome!

Here are some good explanatins on moves:

http://www.jedicynosure.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000267.html

Btw, you really should play the SP game. There are not THAT many puzzles in it, just a few. :-)

/Morcavalin
Morcavalin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2002, 06:01 AM   #3
Frizbee

A good way to practice using the Lightsaber is to start a Duel game, placing yourself against a single Initiate level bot. Saber only.

And then practice continuously.. find which stance you are best at using (Some prefer the Heavy stance, I prefer Medium) and slowly increase the skill level of the bot. Practice moving in all different directions, doing jumping attacks, using the force skills to assist your attacks. (Ie. Mind trick to make you invisible, force drain to stop them throwing their saber of using the force against you.. Push and pull etc.)

There is no "Easy" way to pick up good saber tactics, and even the best of us will still die occassionally (Yes, I'll even admit to being killed by an Initiate level Bot when I made a stupid mistake)

Try not, do or do not. There is no try.
Frizbee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2002, 06:21 AM   #4
Coligeon

Marcavalin and Frizbee have the right idea. You should most definately play single player through. I found it much more exciting then multiplayer. Infact, the lightsaber affects are all together different in single player (way better in my opinion). I was quite dissappointed in the bot feature. I mostly play single player and spawn npc and play that way. Single player mode is the best way to learn how to play well. Good luck ^_^.
Coligeon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2002, 06:46 AM   #5
Pseudonym

Smile

You should download the ladder map. It's great for practicing saber tactics.

Here
Pseudonym is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2002, 07:30 AM   #6
Con. Snake

Heh Coligeon, I do the same, I like finding open areas and spawning a few(2-3) Tavions
Con. Snake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2002, 07:48 AM   #7
ER1

so if i am facing anotehr guy with a saber in say...a corridor (can't do any funny flips) what is the best way to attacK?

sit there until he hits and then counter?
ER1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2002, 07:55 AM   #8
RiverWalker

I seriously suggest doing your best to play the Single player, it slowly progresses in difficulty with saber weilding opponents, I finished it on regular difficulty, and I've found it to be much more natural, and controlled use of the saber, you can't just start hacking at em,

try out different stances, just practice waving it around in the air with different key combos, to see what the moves are with certain things on certain stances,
RiverWalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Newbie question: lightsabers