lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Trek vs Wars(the possible story)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-20-2001, 06:40 PM   #1
Jedi_Prophecy

Post Trek vs Wars(the possible story)

Does anyone else feel that if SW was released as that weekly morning Saturday show for kids that it would be as bad as Star Trek?? Can someone also clear my head in this: Wasnt there supposed to be 9 SW films, composed of three trilogies?? I heard that & I want to know was that idea scrapped??
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-20-2001, 09:50 PM   #2
BeastMaster
Dragon in Residence

*sigh*

Yes, the idea was scrapped. Ep III will (hopefully) be the last Star Wars movie.

And for a while in the early/mid-80s, there was Star Wars on Saturday mornings.

Droids and Ewoks are often bashed by fans, but they were actually quite good if you realize how heavily censored they had to be before the networks would release them. Ewoks wasn't even allowed to show fire! They did have hella cool theme-songs, though.

Kinda makes you realize how good the cartoons of today have it. The Censors of the short-lived Godzilla series actually told the writers that the G-Man should have a higher body count!

Apparently censorship rules against violence only apply to hurting humans in ways that children could emulate; as long as Godzilla immolated other kaiju with tail or fire-breath, they were fine. At one point he even started eating the heart of one of his dead enemies!

"The Beasts know much that we do not." -Ancient Jedi proverb
BeastMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2001, 03:04 AM   #3
Jedi_Prophecy

I remember renting Emoks when I was about 4 yrs old. As far as I can remember they got trapped in a tree. That was over a decade ago. Maybe I was younger.
  you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars Classic Gaming > 1. The HuB > The Cantina! > Trek vs Wars(the possible story)