lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Cartwheel and Butterfly mod...no joke
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-23-2002, 12:45 PM   #81
mtrixman

i renamed the animation.cfg to .pk3 and its not working. can someone just makes the file to drop into the base folder?
mtrixman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2002, 01:57 PM   #82
Lord Nodata

umm yeah...

the file i made can just be dropped into the base folder...

-Chaff Da-Lan, Jedi Master of the Light side of the force.
Jedi Fortress! A class-based Team modification for Jedi Outcast!
Discuss it here!
Lord Nodata is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2002, 04:28 PM   #83
Irimi-Ai

i'm at work so i can't email my version to any of you until i get home (about 8 hours from now). i will email them out as soon as i get home though. for anyone who tries my version, please tell me what you think about it and any suggestions you may have. my version is a ZIP file with the pk3 and a readme file. so, if you try to use mine, DO NOT SIMPLY RENAME IT AS A ZIP FILE. it will not work that way. you will have to extract the pk3 file. then, you only have to drop it in the base directory.

lionknight:
the readme i include in the ZIP file also suggests to remove any other animation pk3's from the directory so that they will not conflict. i'm not sure about conflicts with all other pk3's as i haven't tested with all the pk3's out there. so, there might be a conflict, but i can't say for sure.

Striker III:
i haven't experienced this with my version or nodata's version. it wasn't clear who's version you are using. if it's the original one, i can't really say as i never tried that one. the only thing that comes to mind is some pk3 conflict or mouse input issue (?).

Irimi-Ai
Irimi-Ai is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2002, 05:34 PM   #84
lionknight

Thanks Irimi Ia and Lordnodata

I would like to take the time to thank you guys for the mods. I think they are a great addition to an already excellent game. I finally got it to work and they kick ass, the problem many people are having is that they need to load a new map or new game then it will work. It was not working for me but now it is, when I load a new game or map. How many mods are there now, I am getting a little confused. I think there is three, Irimi's original the Lord's modified version which is the latest one I am using and another modified version from Irimi, which I would like to test out if you can send it to me. Many Many Thanks
Leoking13@prodigy.net
P.S. On another note you guys really need to check out Game commander 2. I picked it up for 10.00. It is a voice command controll that works great. You assign the commands to the forces and the weapons and it frees up your mouse, Joystick, and Keyboard buttons for other commands. For example the new taunt spin attack, I have that assigned to one of my five mouse buttons, its a whole move in itself now Thanks, Muncho Thanks

Last edited by lionknight; 04-23-2002 at 07:42 PM.
lionknight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2002, 07:19 PM   #85
mtrixman

if you guys make a animations.pk3 or some easy file that can be dropped into the base folder please email it to me at mtrixman@hotmail.com . ive tried everything and its not working atm
Old 04-23-2002, 07:36 PM   #86
Jiro Kage

Re: w00t...

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Nodata
sent again...I hope modcentral puts up the fixed version...my email is getting tired! hehe

How about posting a link to where it is in modcentral? I haven't seen it on that site yet.

-- Jiro Kage
Jiro Kage is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2002, 07:48 PM   #87
Lord Nodata

well

it's not on modcentral, and I have no idea why!?

Anyway, if you want the fixed versions, there's links to them in my first post on this thread. Thanks!

Discuss it here!
Old 04-23-2002, 08:27 PM   #88
Bungalow

Go into accessories then access command prompt go into your JO folder and rename it using Command Prompt:
ren newmoves.pk3.zip newmoves.pk3
Bungalow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2002, 09:21 PM   #89
mtrixman

it wont work in multi player games unless i create a server :*(
Old 04-23-2002, 11:36 PM   #90
Irimi-Ai

ok, i'm at home (finally). i'm not sure who has my version or who wants it, so i'm just going to email it out to everyone who requested a copy of the mod. also, i've only made one version of the mod, not two. the original was by Samsagaz. then nodata tweaked it, then i just added and tweaked nodata's version. i'm just adding to what others have already done to get a mod that i like. if others like it, great! anyway, emails are being sent out now.

Irimi-Ai

PS with the file i send, DO NOT SIMPLY RENAME IT AS A ZIP FILE...you need to unzip it to get the pk3 and the readme. please, if you have questions or problems, read the readme.txt first, as i tried to answer questions in that.

PPS do you guys think it would be worthwhile to submit it to jediknightii.net?
Old 04-24-2002, 12:37 AM   #91
Jedith

can you mail me one? tonylew84@yahoo.com
thanks!!

"Do you not have faith in the force, Jedi?"
Jedith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2002, 01:25 AM   #92
Irimi-Ai

Smile NEW version

ok, just got done with a new version (this one is a lot better IMO). here's the changes from the readme i include:

Original Move ==> New Move

Roll Left ==> Ariel left
Roll Right ==> Ariel right
Roll Back ==> Left Butterfly with twist/barrel roll (it looks fine, i'm just giving the name of the move that's in the animation.cfg file)
Roll Forward ==> Modified Right Butterfly with kick
Lunge ==> Modified Death spin (you must see it!)
All getup
animations ==> "Force" get-up animations

so, added the new butterfly for backward roll, the death spin move (you have to try it!), and the get-up animations.

i replaced the lunge with the death spin because frankly, i like the blue stance and i thought this move might encourage people to use it more.

also, since all the get-up animations are now "force" get-up animations, any time you are knocked down you should only have to hit the jump button ONCE instead of repeatedly. when you do, your character will perform one of 5 force get-up animations (a la agent smith in matrix, neo in the subway, neo in the dojo, etc.). i have not extensively tested the get-up animations, because it's easier to do in MP, but i don't have much time to get on MP, test it real quick, go offline to tweak, go into MP again to test, etc. etc.

i will send out this revised version to all of those i sent my last one to. as usual, any comments and suggestions would be great.

Irimi-Ai

Last edited by Irimi-Ai; 04-24-2002 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-24-2002, 01:21 PM   #93
svein_c

Can u send it to me? please!? numlock71@hotmail.com
svein_c is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2002, 02:27 PM   #94
Lord Nodata

huh?

What is this "death spin" you speak of? (from one animation editor to another, just give me the name of the animation so I can look it up and see what it looks like.. )

Discuss it here!
Old 04-24-2002, 02:32 PM   #95
Irimi-Ai

nodata:

it's the animation called FJSS_TR_BR, and it's frames 6111-6206. (i think it stands for "force jump saber spin_turn right_back right")

Irimi-Ai
Old 04-24-2002, 02:37 PM   #96
Irimi-Ai

another new version...sorry

ok, sorry for all the versions coming out so quick. the latest one i have is what i'm calling version 105. it really tweaks the force get-up animations and knockdown animations. here's a snippet from the readme:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Changed some of the get-up animations back to the default. I realized that if all get-up animations used the force, then you wouldn't be able to get up if you had no force. Oops. Now, there is the default "no force" get-up animations for when you are knocked back and knocked forward and have no force. If you are knocked down and have no force or don't want to use a Force get-up move, either press the *crouch* key repeatedly to get up. Or, press and hold crouch, then press jump to get up (this one works sometimes, but I can't consistently replicate it).

-Changed the length of two knockdown animations. The default light/medium power knocked backwards and knocked forwards animations were shortened so that you are not lying there vulnerable for so long. However, I left the more powerful knockback animations with the longer recovery period. Thus, if you knock someone backwards/forwards lightly or at a medium level, they will be able to get up quicker. If you knock someone
backwards/forwards strongly, it will take them longer to recover.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

read the readme for a list of the specific animations and a lot more. i'm emailing this out to the same people i have before.

Irimi-Ai
Old 04-24-2002, 03:47 PM   #97
Beulvar

could you send me the updated version?

beulvar@hotmail.com

thanks

Beulvar
Beulvar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2002, 03:55 PM   #98
Territo

I want to check these out, send it to me too please. MrTerrito@aol.com
Territo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2002, 04:05 PM   #99
Jediknight786

Cool Moves

Hey guys,

I don't want to burden anyone b/c of all the requests, but could you send me the latest version of the mod? Thanks.

jediknight786@hotmail.com

No regrets and no remorse...
Jediknight786 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2002, 04:42 PM   #100
Irimi-Ai

i'm at work now, and won't be home for another 3 hours. when i get home, i'll email it to you guys. i submitted the mod to both massassi and jediknightii.net. since the levels section here is broken, it may not show up for a while. plus, i've sent both of these places 2 versions of my mod within the past 12 hours, so they may be pissed. i just keep adding improvements, though.

Irimi-Ai
Old 04-24-2002, 05:48 PM   #101
Lord Nodata

well..

I say pissed or not, keep up the good work Irimi. I'll be able to give you some better feed back tonight after I test the mod. I'm not too sure that messing with the recovery times was a good idea....but I'll check it out and post my opinions here...thanks!

Discuss it here!
Old 04-24-2002, 06:12 PM   #102
Irimi-Ai

i look forward to your feedback. i wasn't too sure about the recovery times, either. i tried doing the force get-up animations without modifying the recovery times and it didn't work that well. getting up regularly was just about as fast as getting up with the force. in both cases, once i got to a ready stance, i was usually dead. right as the animation would end and i was able to move, i would get struck down. i didn't see the point of having force-aided get-ups if they weren't faster and you still got killed. sure, it looks cool, but if you're dead what's the benefit for gameplay? that's why i shortened the recovery time. i could speed up the force get-up animations, but then you miss how cool they look because they go so fast. truth be told, i hadn't extensively tested this feature either. i tried and it seemed ok, but i'm still not sure about it either. if i don't like it or others don't like it, it's easy to switch it back in the next version (which i already know what i'm going to add).

Irimi-Ai
Old 04-24-2002, 06:19 PM   #103
Lord Nodata

hehe

well at least you gave it some thought, and didn't blindly modify it. Now that I think about it, it makes sense that if you have to expend a bit of force to get up, it should be faster and less hazardous then the normal get ups...

Discuss it here!
Old 04-24-2002, 08:13 PM   #104
Irimi-Ai

i tried it some more, and i think i like the shortened recovery periods. it makes more sense to me. i think you said exactly what i was thinking, just in a much clearer way. i also noticed that you no longer even have to press the jump key to use a force get-up move. the force-get up moves will happen automatically immediately after the knockdown animation completes. if you don't want to use a force get-up, you can still button-mash the crouch button and it will let you get up normally, so you are not forced to use the force get-ups.
the strong knockdowns with longer recovery time still happen enough to be a danger, so it's not like getting knocked down doesn't matter anymore.
i set it up so that appropriate get-up moves are associated with the strength of knockdown, direction, and defensive/offensive value. i tested it by fighting desann in god mode, setting my force pull/push to 0, and just letting him push/pull me around. pretty cool animations.
do you think the ariels and butterfly animations should be sped up?

Irimi-Ai
Old 04-24-2002, 10:49 PM   #105
Tozier

Hey, could you post the newest modified version to a website link like on the first page? I really don't feel like pestering you with my e-mail address.

QUIT WHINING!
Tozier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2002, 11:21 PM   #106
TheDarkJedi

hey can u send it here: jrf107@hotmail.com i really wanna see this "death spin"
TheDarkJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2002, 11:46 PM   #107
Tozier

What the hell... I need my 50 posts to remove that "Bantha Fodder" title. My e-mail is takemynamewillyou@hotmail.com if you feel like sending it.

QUIT WHINING!
Tozier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2002, 01:00 AM   #108
Ten Tigers

Roll that beautiful bean footage...

I'll take some at the_tiger_pit@hotmail.com .

I give you much thanks in advance bro. Everyone and their momma wants this...

I love a good fight...
Ten Tigers is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2002, 01:39 AM   #109
KingDead

Not to bothor you or nothing, but can I get it as well? I would love to be buterflying all over the place
....why dont you just throw it up on a host or something btw?

UncleNaughtyFingers@Hotmail.com

I would have a really spiffy sig but I dont have a good free host..... GAXA IS SLOW AS HELL, anyone wana toss me a url to a good free host?
KingDead is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2002, 02:40 AM   #110
Irimi-Ai

i sent out the latest version again. sorry it was a little late. i've been working on the next version. it's almost done. i fixed some sound problems, and i'm adding a couple of neat surprises. hopefully by tomorrow it will be done.

oh, and i did submit two versions to both massassi and jediknightii.net. don't know if they will put it up, and if they do, which version they will put up. either way, i'll probably have a newer one out by the time they post it. i need to get some webspace or something.

Irimi-Ai
Old 04-25-2002, 04:07 PM   #111
run4jangofett

New Mod

I was just wandering if i can get the newest version of the mod.
kennysp4@hotmail.com
run4jangofett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2002, 04:27 PM   #112
Coby

Irimi could you send me the latest file please mate?

My e-mail is Fight_Music_13@hotmail.com

cheers,
Coby

I'd kill for a nobel peace prize...

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving isn't for you...
Coby is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2002, 07:40 PM   #113
the 7th Jedi

could you pls. send the latest version at

rodjohn@edsamail.com.ph ?

I'd really like to try those 'new' moves out.
thanks.
the 7th Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2002, 07:46 PM   #114
overflow

please post a link to it or email it to me

f.schoedl@kabsi.at

thx
overflow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2002, 08:14 PM   #115
Disemboweler

Smile Could I get one too...

Could I get the new version sen to me too if it's not too much trouble? thanks.

jared.white@umit.maine.edu
Disemboweler is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2002, 09:47 PM   #116
Darth Obvious

Mind sending the latest version here please ? Thanks

rives@rivesandemily.net
Darth Obvious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2002, 09:58 PM   #117
w00bi

Question sorry a lil late but.,...

Can u send it to me plz? w00bi3@hotmail.com
w00bi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2002, 10:35 PM   #118
JediBlade

Me too?

Please?

Thanks in advance!
JediBlade is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2002, 05:30 AM   #119
Broode

ah what the hell
broode@start.com.au
please?

-Broode-
- I am Oobiedoob Benobi. I have the Silliest name in the Galaxy.
- Whats your middle name?
- Scoobie Doobie.
- Oobiedoob Scoobie Doobie Benobi?
Broode is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2002, 10:56 AM   #120
Irimi-Ai

just sent it out.

JediBlade, post your email address and i'll send it. the email function is disabled by admin right now.

also, i'm working on a new version still. final exams are going on now, so it won't be out for about a week, though the new one will have fixed sounds, and more added animations.

Irimi-Ai
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Cartwheel and Butterfly mod...no joke