lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Jedi Outcast is one of the best computer games ever made.
Word nigga!!! 64 46.38%
What are u freaking nuts??? 54 39.13%
Undecided 20 14.49%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Jedi Outcast - Best Game Ever?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-23-2002, 10:02 PM   #41
Fettish

My brother built his computer from scratch and he has had no problems whatsoever. To date, JK2 is the best game I've ever played. I can't wait for an expansion pack.

~Fettish
Fettish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2002, 01:51 PM   #42
Chiles4

Yeah forgot to mention System Shock 2 - what a friggin awesome game - made my skin crawl.

Quote:
the ridiculously hard single player
What's so hard about SP? I'm halfway thru on Master difficulty. The only really hard thing was Tavion (so far) and that's because I truly SUCK at sabering.

It's great when the game forces you to come up with strategies. But I wish Force Speed didn't make killing stormtroopers so easy.
Chiles4 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2002, 02:18 PM   #43
LooNBB

Is this your first game to ever play?

Best Ever... talk about Fan Boy hysteria! We need to get this kid on hormones!

LooN-JedI
Old 04-24-2002, 03:05 PM   #44
T-Dogg

As crazyplaya73 put so well in the poll (just like I'd say it): Word nigga!
T-Dogg is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2002, 06:35 PM   #45
GreyJedi

JO is an outstanding game. However, I preferred the single player in JK1. I actually am of the mindset that Deus Ex was the best FPS-type game, as I have mentioned in another thread.

JO does have the best implentation of melee combat for a FPS, without question.

As for the best game of 2002? I anticipate that either Morrowind or Neverwinter Nights will claim that prize.

Best FPS/action game of 2002? Could be.
GreyJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2002, 06:40 PM   #46
GreyJedi

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Lunatic
Jedi Knight 2 is good, but it is a long way behind games like Metal Gear Solid 2.

Technical Aspects of JK2 - The following is referring to the way the story is told
Once you play MGS2, you will realise how little effort went into creating Jk2. Thats not an insult to the game but a fact.

The animation, the amazing direction, the storyline, the tension created from the gameplay have IMO set the standard for todays games. Watch a cutscene from JK2, and compare it to a cutscene from MGS2. JK2 is technically woeful, bad use of the camera, shocking animation, bad lip synching. Which all detract from telling a good story and immersing the player in the fictionalised world.
The Metal Gear Solid series is indeed the most cinematic series on any game system. This is due to the fact that the creator wanted to make a movie-like game. Needless to say, he succeeded. Awesome cinematography, impressive directing, fantastic acting, supurb writing, all made for the most "interactive movie-like" experience ever.
GreyJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2002, 07:58 PM   #47
Grets Sirob

Best game ever! Yes, I it has crashed on my system. No, I don't care. It's a cool game! Except there is one thing that I don't like. No Jerec! I require Jerec to survive! MAKE A JEREC SKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

On the bright side, it isn't dark...
Grets Sirob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2002, 03:41 AM   #48
Darth Lunatic

Exactly GreyJedi! I think a lot more game companies should strive towards MGS2 standard. MGS2 is the closest to an interactive movie as your gonna get.

Games like Jedi Knight 2, although they have good gameplay, are SERIOUSLY lacking in the story telling/immersion part of what distinguishes the best from the average.

----Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed----
Darth Lunatic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2002, 01:14 PM   #49
Chiles4

I agree that JK2 would have been improved with more interactivity with characters and environment kind of like Deus Ex. Raven and Lucasarts decided to go the traditional FPS route: whacking bad guys and solving some puzzles. It seems that there's just so far you can go with that model.

I have MGS sitting on my shelf - will have to try it. Shame that MGS2 in console-only.

JK2 might win FPS of the year...but that's comparing it only to other FPSes.

I really think the current FPS "model" is showing it's age. I'm hoping that something better evolves pretty soon that the FPS "can grow up into".
Chiles4 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2002, 07:23 PM   #50
Tankmage

JK II is certainly the best game I've played this year.

Best SP game for me JK I. MP UO I guess
Tankmage is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Jedi Outcast - Best Game Ever?