lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Question about voice files
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-23-2002, 03:13 PM   #1
viktoria

Unhappy Question about voice files

When I start on year 2 (in Rubacava), I have suddenly lost the speaking sound. I guess my CD is scratched or something and that the file with the sound is broken. I hope that I will get the sound back later in the game (I really miss Manny's voice).
Question: Does anyone know how much of the game each of those files covers?
If there were savegames uploaded somewhere, I would be able to check if the problem will persist throughout the game, in which case I will consider buying myself another copy of the game....

Any help would be appreciated.
viktoria is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2002, 03:47 PM   #2
MeddlingMonk
Veteran

I assume you're seeing text on the screen in place of the spoken dialog. The game has three modes where dialog is concerned: voice only, text and voice, and text only. If you are seeing text you probably got switched to text only. You can press CTRL-T to toggle through the different modes (or do it in the options page). Let's verify whether or not you're in voice only mode or something else before anything else.
MeddlingMonk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-28-2002, 12:02 PM   #3
viktoria

Thanks for the tip, but that's not it. I have checked the options page several times. I have no voices, only the sound effects. No voices in cutscenes either. If I reload any earlier savegame, such as the arrival in Rubacava, the voices are back.
viktoria is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > Glottis' Garage > Question about voice files