lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Um...SP Dismemberment. And Stuff
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-25-2002, 03:39 AM   #1
Shadowen

Cool Guy Um...SP Dismemberment. And Stuff

So I'm playing Jedi Outcast for the first time, anticipating getting the lightsaber so I can hack the bad guys to pieces. I do, and it is good. The hum, the glow, the power--everything. So I try to hack some aliens up.

Arm. (That happened in the first game. Hmm...)
Hand. (Ah. Better.)
Other arm. (Another improvement!)
Other hand. (Hurray!)
Arm. (What?)
Hand. (Okay...)

Once I finished the game, I realized I had not seen a single de-limbing other than arms or hands, and not a single decapitation or cutting in half. Call me sadistic, but I was looking forward to collecting those nifty stormtrooper helmets, ya know? It's such a bother to take the whole corpse home with you. So I naturally assumed Raven had stuck to the arms.

Then I come here and I read all this stuff about hacking people up multiple times as they're dying, and decapitations, and I'm pissed. Do I really suck that much with a lightsaber? What do I have to do to fully dismember these people?

If it's as simple as setting the realisticlightsaber variable higher, then fine, but if it's not...
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2002, 03:49 AM   #2
obijonkenobi

It is just a matter of using the realistic sabre code in console. There is not a non-console way to do it thats been posted in the forums so I assume its only able to be done in console.

I think it is... g_realisticsabercombat "1" ? But I am probably wrong. I forgot what it is lol. Nice timing for my brain to be mind tricked hey?

If you know the code, just bind two keys to the code (one for realistic sabres on and the other for off)

Sorry I couldnt help much.
obijonkenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2002, 04:17 AM   #3
Shadowen

Not a problem. I have the parameters written down; I just didn't know if that was wat I needed to try. No point in making the game easier if you don't make it more fun at the same time.
Old 04-25-2002, 04:42 AM   #4
PsiSilverthorn

Actually that's wrong...There is another way to do it without relying on the realistic saber command OR the console. You can just edit the npc.cfg file and change each NPC's dismemberment variable to a higher number....And wouldn't you know it but somebody has already done this for you....Check the mods section of the file database for enyak_mutilate.pk3....It works great and doesn't change the damage characteristics of the saber. There is also another console command that increases dismemberments without changing damage, unlike the "realistic saber" command....It's up to you what to use but personally I would download the enyak_mutilate.pk3 mod.
PsiSilverthorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2002, 05:03 AM   #5
Shadowen

T'ank you, kind sirra. I shall try it immediately.
Old 04-25-2002, 05:40 AM   #6
obijonkenobi

Damn hey! I always wanted the dismemberment to be more frequent without changing the sabres damage, and this hopefully will answer that!

Thanks mate!
obijonkenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2002, 08:25 AM   #7
smwScott

Does the mod support more slicing than just arms and hands, as that is all I can work off too.

-smwScott

47% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
smwScott is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2002, 08:33 AM   #8
Vestril
The Man

actually that code up there is backwards, its g_saberrealisticcombat 1

Vestril was here!!!!!!!!!
Vestril is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2002, 09:44 AM   #9
Dvlos

I changed g_dismemberment to a 9 in the SP config file and it hacks people in half and legs and stuff. Force grip and saber throw usually does that.
Dvlos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2002, 10:23 AM   #10
Psychotic

Thumbs up

Wow, I love this dismemberment console command!
It looks so realistic, I think it shouldv'e been like this in the first place.
Although I can see why Raven wouldn't want it turned on as a default - watching poor Kyle get hacked in two by Desann is really kind of harsh

BTW, Nice forum you guys have here
Psychotic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2002, 02:51 PM   #11
PsiSilverthorn

With the dismemberment console command and the modified NPC.cfg file found in enyak_mutilate.pk3 you can cut bodies in half, cut off heads, as well as the typical slicing off arms. I use the pk3 file and it works great! Don't have to type in a command everytime I start the game.
Old 04-25-2002, 02:55 PM   #12
Skidrowpunk

Or you can edit the start up config to always set dismemberment and saberrealisticcombat on like i did. every new level, or anytime i start the game its already on.

Duels+no Force= Fun for me
Skidrowpunk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2002, 03:02 PM   #13
brain21

This is posted in another thread here. This seems to be the simplest way to do it.

In you "base" directory create a text file called

autoexec.cfg

in that file put the following 2 lines:

seta helpusobi1 "1"
seta g_saberRealisticCombat "1"

restart the game, and it is turned on by default. No NCP.cfg files to mess up, no console commands.

The g_saberRealisticCombat apparently has possible values from 0-99. 0 = the default. at 99, who knows. You probably look at them and they explode! :-)

Look through the threads here. THere is also a "blood mod" that will spew a somewhat realistic amount of blood out when you hit someone too. Not too much, not too little. The thread has some screen shots in it.

Brain21
brain21 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2002, 06:44 PM   #14
Shadowen

Dude...

Where do I get the mod that changes the NPC variables? Which mod section of which site?
Old 04-26-2002, 12:55 AM   #15
PsiSilverthorn

This site and mod section
Old 04-26-2002, 02:01 AM   #16
therealmoose

I know "helpusobi 1" enables cheats, so will doing this and setting g_saberrealisticcombat to 1 make the game easier/me invicable or anything? i don't want that, just a few flying body parts.
therealmoose is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2002, 03:22 AM   #17
toolboi

g_dismemberment 5

Lets you hack anything off, and doesnt do some of the "I touched you with my saber, you die" stuff that g_saberrealisticcombat does

Lets you hack off: the hands the forearms (half way) the arms (at the shoulder) the head, the torso (horizontally in half), the leg, the knee and the foot. A total of 16 peices I beleive.
toolboi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2002, 07:44 PM   #18
Shadowen

*searches for hours in the mod section, finding nothing*

Oh, for...!

I'm a retard. Someone, please, give me a link.
Old 04-26-2002, 08:25 PM   #19
Skidrowpunk

Dude, just type in what we said above. No need to download any files. All the mod does is make it just a frequent as the codes do, without having to type them in.

Duels+no Force= Fun for me
Skidrowpunk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2002, 09:24 PM   #20
Woodster2003

i dont want to type it in every time. I want the mod, so whats the link? thanks/
Woodster2003 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2002, 12:30 AM   #21
Shadowen

It does what the code does without changing the lightsaber's overall damage. I cannot find the "mod database" everyone refers to. It's not at jediknightii.net, it's not at massassi.net...
Old 04-27-2002, 01:02 AM   #22
The_Raptor

I think its alot like the movies in the default mode man! It seems in the movies only 1 thing will ever get cut off, hands, arms, and weapons (cut in half).

You see luke constantly wacking people like on Jabba's yacht, and nothing ever gets cut off, they just scream and fall down. Either that or they lose an arm (Luke in TESB, Vader in RTJ, and that wierd guy in the Cantina in ANW).... But no one seems to get cut in half (except for Darth Maul and Ben, but ben just disapeared!)...

Run, Luke, run!

Run, Forest, run!

(See the similarity?)
The_Raptor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2002, 03:04 AM   #23
PsiSilverthorn

Well I'm pretty sure I downloaded it from here but I don't see it here now....But I DID see it over at modcentral

So here is the link to the section
http://modcentral.jediknightii.net/mods.shtml

Then look for the dismemberment mod...It's right there
Old 04-27-2002, 02:17 PM   #24
Kaio23

I seem to have trouble with the g_dismemberment command. It's at 9, but nothing except arms come off...do I have to do anythinhg special?

Proud member of the Communist Party of Canada
Kaio23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2002, 08:08 PM   #25
Shadowen

T'ank youse.

By the way, I probably screwed it up somehow, but the other methods just didn't seem to work for me.

Ah, well.
Old 04-28-2002, 10:34 AM   #26
huix

hmmm

i downloaded the mod and put the npcs.cfg into the windows/temp folder. and i did type:

]helpusobi1
]g_dismemberment 9

when i chk g_dismemberment, it said "9", thus i think i did set it up to 9. But all the time, I only cut the arm.....

what did i do wrong? thks
huix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-28-2002, 04:01 PM   #27
PsiSilverthorn

First of all why did you put the npc.cfg file in windows/temp????

DON'T unpack the pk3 file!! Put the enyak_mutilate.pk3 file in GameData\Base.

Second of all with the modified Pk3 file you don't need any console commands...The npc.cfg file takes care of the changes.

Third of all, even if you do use console commands, you don't need the helpusobi 1 command because the dismemberment command is NOT a cheat (although the realistic saber IS a cheat and so you would need the helpusobi 1 command)
Old 04-28-2002, 08:04 PM   #28
Last-ReBel

Realism

I completely disagree with some of you guys. I think the "g_saberrealisticcombat 1" is the only way to go, and they should have included it in multiplayer. The fact that you can hit someone in multiplayer 10 times with a saber and they run off is stupid. Yes, I know its all for fun, but give me a break. To be true to the Star Wars Universe, a saber cuts through skin, bone, cloth and even steel (Episode 1: Qui-Gon cutting through the blast doors, and Obi-Wan cutting Darth Maul in half).

Try this - download the ladder map, turn on saber realism, and I promise you will have a blast!

This is what multiplayer should be like - mp'er combat would be far more exciting and more thoughtful than someone running nonstop swinging wildly with heavy attacks.
Last-ReBel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-28-2002, 08:12 PM   #29
PsiSilverthorn

We are not disagreeing with that...But we ARE saying that it is cheating...IE it changes the damage modelling of the saber making kills much easier. If you don't mind that then use it....If you want to still stick to the damage modelling as put in the game by default then I wouldn't recommend using it.
Old 04-28-2002, 08:36 PM   #30
The_Raptor

G_saberrealisticcombat is totally freakin cool, but sometimes it seems the Reborn have an easier time killing you... And if they do, you'll end up all hacked up too!

But "g_dismemberment" seems to do NOTHING extra, even if set above "3..."

Run, Luke, run!

Run, Forest, run!

(See the similarity?)
The_Raptor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Um...SP Dismemberment. And Stuff