lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Multi and SP maps
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-25-2002, 11:02 PM   #1
mapmaker

Multi and SP maps

I've made a few maps, and they work fine in single player, but when I try to load them up in multi-player, it says the file cannot be found, etc.
Does anyone know if you have to 'flip a switch' so to speak, before you start making a map, to get it to work in multiplayer, or am I missing something?

Thanks.
mapmaker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2002, 11:14 PM   #2
ripmage

im guessing its some little step to do since they do start you off with a file templare for single player and a seperate one for multi..
ripmage is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2002, 11:19 PM   #3
FEXX

I too think the File > Project Settings has a lot to do with if a map can be used for SP or MP.

Specifically referring to that 'entitypath' field. Either SP_entities.def is used or MP_entities.def. Whichever one is used at the beginning of a map's construction may define its fate.
FEXX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2002, 12:23 AM   #4
mapmaker

*bump*
I'm in the middle of making a great map that is meant for multi player, I really need to know how to get maps to work in multi player. Please
Old 04-26-2002, 12:28 AM   #5
Pimpgoofy

Hey i was told by someone if you read the readme it explains how to do this. Something to do with the file project
Pimpgoofy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2002, 12:51 AM   #6
FEXX

Yeah, the readme file has:

The first time it starts up, JK2Radiant defaults to opening the single-player (SP) "project". This is what you use to make single-player maps. If you wish to make multi-player (MP) maps, go to the file menu and select "load project". In your Tools directory, you will see the StarWarsMP.qe4 project file. Open that and you can make a multi-player map. Next time you open JK2Radiant, it will open the last project file you opened.
FEXX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2002, 01:07 AM   #7
mapmaker

Thanks guys, I see that now. Now the main thing I'm wondering is whether I can easily turn a single player map into a multiplayer one, and vise versa.
Old 04-26-2002, 06:56 AM   #8
brigand1138

This might work

Not sure if this will work, load the MP project in JK radient so that it shows a blank map, now click "Edit" (I think it's Edit! I'm at work so I'm not sure!) then click "load prefab", select your map, it should then hopefully load your map into the MP project - compile and then test in MP......

Hope this works, I'm not sure, but it's worth a try

Mal Brigand

Mal Brigand
"In the dark, see past our eyes"
brigand1138 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2002, 07:55 AM   #9
FunClown

My maps work in both mp and sp. Except in mp the npc's are removed.
FunClown is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JO Mapping > Multi and SP maps