lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: fps 17-20 and a second problem
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-26-2002, 08:36 AM   #1
North_Wolf

fps 17-20 and a second problem

My system specs are

PIII 800mhz
512mb ram
TNT 2 Aladin 32mb (latest drivers)
edit- OS is win 98

When I play multi I have "fastest" on, and then some (No wall scarring, and everything else off that I could find).

I get around 17-20fps when I play in duel mode and I can actually live with that. The worst part is that it will freeze every 30sec for 4-6sec (with audio looped until it clears). This does not happen when I jump into a wild meele on an open map as I would expect, but occurs at random it seems, even when I stand still (and so does my opponent) on a duel map (small with only 2 players). It never gets better with time (worse if anything), so Im starting to wonder what it could be.

This freeze does not happen when I host, or when I play with bots (no matter how many). The game will also lock up the computer on exit, if I play multi (but not if I use bots), that doesnt happen until I leave via the menu though (seems stable until then).

There are no applications running in the background, and I have 86% free resources when I start. Im wondering how well 32mb cards run for most people? (in case that is the problem). Im pretty broke at the moment, but a 32mb geforce go for cheap enough so Id like some info on how 32mb cards are doing (or if this is coused by something else).

I love the damn game and this situation is driving me mad.

Most of all, is 20fps on total min settings normal on a 32mb vid card?

-Cheers
North_Wolf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Help Center > Technical Help > fps 17-20 and a second problem