lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Real Sabers (Jedi Academy)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-09-2002, 03:59 AM   #281
Bobo Fart

i want a VIPER WITH PURPLE OR RED BLADE32" ARGH!

A Reply To Ah Boon's Sig.

P4 2.0Ghz, 60GB Hard Drive, 512mb ram, 128mb GeForce 4 Ti4400.

NO Questions Asked...
Bobo Fart is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2002, 04:17 AM   #282
Dark Chao

hmmm...i want a saber but there to expensive wwaaaahhhhhh i want a purple light saber...wait...do they even make purple lightsabers?
Dark Chao is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2002, 08:48 AM   #283
Darth Draconis

Thumbs up got mine

I received my Viper Defender the other day (red blade to go with my custom Sith garb). I ordered it with the 3-point end cap that is available for the other hilts from Lightech. All I have to say is that I am extremely pleased with the quality of the saber.

To Dark Chao... Lightech does offer a Purple blade... however according to Mike the purple is discontinued so what he has in stock is all he's going to have (according to a friend that called yesterday with a ton of questions).

Mike also stated that the Double Extreme (light-staff) is in the process of being redesigned. He stated that the connector between the two hilts was too weak. He said that as soon as the redesign is finished it will appear on the main page. They are also redesigning the Defender with a bronze colored emitter. My buddy is waiting for the redesign of the light-staff before he orders (of course he also has to save up the money too), but we are already working on a couple of fight sequences.

Too everyone who has ordered/already has a saber fit for dueling, I trust you are having as much fun with it as I am.

BTW, in case there are those that don't know yet, the visual dictionary for AOTC, has a couple of pages focused on saber combat, including parry and attack diagrams.
Darth Draconis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2002, 06:37 AM   #284
D_S_W

forgive me for

forgive me for my ignorence, but where can that visual dictionary be found?

give it to me anni! aha aha!
and all the girls said i'm pretty fly -for a darth-guy!

edit: withOUT actually paying for it....

He who controls the past,
counquers the future.
He who controls the future,
counquers the past.

D_S_W
http://www.gaijindesign.com/lawriemalen/jedi/jediknight.jpg

Last edited by D_S_W; 06-13-2002 at 09:34 AM.
D_S_W is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2002, 12:19 AM   #285
D_S_W

guess nobody's goin to put a pic of saber with blade on in daylight
sigh

cya all in the servers!

(194.151.30.40 - great CTF srv!!!)

He who controls the past,
counquers the future.
He who controls the future,
counquers the past.

D_S_W
http://www.gaijindesign.com/lawriemalen/jedi/jediknight.jpg
D_S_W is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2002, 03:33 PM   #286
Lunatic Jedi
Don't make me use this!

I was thinking of getting that Master Replicas Anakin saber sometime in July, but now I've seen Lightech!

Lightech is higher quality, but Master Replicas is only about half the cost!

I'M BEING TORN APART!!!

Anybody able to help me with this impassable dilemma?

http://linuxsupportdesk.net/pichost/...unaticJed1.gif removed [img] tags due to HTTP 401 response --tk102

"Yes. The pain you feel is your very essence, the essence of the crude animal known as Homo Sapien."

-Millions Knives
Lunatic Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2002, 08:53 PM   #287
ryudom

bah i make my own lightsabers, and they are AMAZING.
sure they don't glo, but they only cost 5 bucks and it doesn't hurt when you get wacked. this is what i do

take a used driver (golf club) and take off the club part.

buy a pool noodle, the ones that come with holes down the middle

stick the noodle over the club, and secure with ductape and VOILA

you can bash people as hard as you want, swing as hard as you want, these things are light as heck and VERY durable. i fight with my friends all the time, i'm sure its WAY funner then fencing. i have 4 normal sabers, a double bladed one, and two shorter ones. its great. i love playing 4 on 1, its like the ladder exept real life
ryudom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2002, 09:36 PM   #288
Mack01

No Comment
Mack01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2002, 10:27 PM   #289
iTeM

OMG

that guy in the movie clip from masterreplicas looks REALLY silly waving his saber around. I wonder if he can't move his arms... perhaps they're stuck in that position?

Hand me my lightsaber, It's the one that says 'bad motherfukker' on it...
iTeM is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2002, 09:42 AM   #290
mythren

Lord that was a long thread! Anyway, I'm considering building my own saber, but can't seem to get to the yellowbox site (It's always down for an hour or two, due to exceeds in their bandwidth limit)...

I'd buy one; but considering I have like 20 bucks left in my bank account after buying JK2, and I'm only 15, so the cash doesn't exactly role in nicely. Does anyone have those instructions from yellowbox they could send me/post? If so, my email is: mythren@magiclink.com

Thanks...

Oh yeah, Demangel, you know of any place online that can give basic blade training in text, since I live in an extremely small town? I collect bladed weapons (Currently only have 2 daggers, and just added a 36 inch, Full Tang Katana with 420 Carbon steel...but I've basically taught myself everything I know so far [which is a surprising amount]...) I talked to a swordsman (or so he claimed to be...) in a shop in a bigger town about 100 miles or so from mine while I was there, and just happened to have my wooden-katana with me (I've since lost it...unfortuantly), but it was made of some extremely hard wood (I don't know the details, a friend purchased it for me as a gift), and he happened to have one, so we were messing around, and I easily beat him more than once.

I've also dueled with my cousin (crazily, admitted...and I have more than one scar on my chest, arms, and mostly fingers to show for it all heh) with my bladed weapons, and while he generally wins because he's a few years older and psychotically swings his claymore at me, I do get a few good parries and such in, but I'd really like to improve upon my training.

Of course, mainly, I want the stuff that's written on the Yellowbox site!
mythren is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2002, 12:06 PM   #291
mythren

You know, I wanted to build my own (and I will, since I can currently afford it), but if it's not what I expect, my next paycheck WILL get me one of these...I just can't stand it.

I think - man...what am I REALLY gunna do with a saber that has no practical uses other than whacking against people/things - I'm gunna have fun .

I KNOW that nobody within 200 miles of me will have one, so I might have to take a trip to England for a duel....

Guess I better start shopping if I'm really gunna do it - paycheck comes July 20th, and I'll wanna know EXACTLY what is the best quality and best suited for what I wanna do, as well as the most bang-for-the-buck, and the way they look.

I REALLY like the Echelon from Parksaber, but the Viper Defender from Lightech is just too neat, as well.

My head hurts...
Old 06-26-2002, 09:33 PM   #292
Yoda_623
GoodFella

Yeah I'm gonna get it. Thanks for posting the link.
Yoda_623 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2002, 04:10 AM   #293
JimmyJohn

ok guys, im gunna try and make some out of pvc - they'll be approx. 3 ft. long and will use studs at the ends so the dont look flat. ill take a 1"x3' piece of pvc pipe and wrap a piece thats 8 in. long and can slide over the blade - that'll be the handle - then ill make a count dooku saber with those pvc connectors that are at about a 140 degree angle - prolly cost 10-15$ - sound like a good idea? post back here
JimmyJohn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2002, 04:53 AM   #294
malinkie

Just a shame that the laws of phisics (so far) would not allow you to turn a laser in on its-self there for creating a real blade.

The beam would go on continuesly. That sucks (put a hole through anything you point it at as soon as you turn it on.)

Anything cut short of a floating very reflevtive surface at the tip of the blade would not work.

My dreams have died.

MaLiNkIe

Diplomacy is when you tell someone to go to hell and make it sound like the greatest trip ever.
malinkie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2002, 05:34 AM   #295
mythren

Quote:
Originally posted by malinkie
Just a shame that the laws of phisics (so far) would not allow you to turn a laser in on its-self there for creating a real blade.
Physics...

(I know I'm being an ass, but I just had the urge to say that . Please don't take it personally in any way, shape, or form...)

However, I understand what he's trying to say, but he wrote it a little confusingly I believe. I think he's saying that there is, currently, noway to contrain the "laser" to a certain length, thus it would go on, seemingly, forever.

Last edited by mythren; 06-27-2002 at 08:48 AM.
Old 06-27-2002, 07:42 PM   #296
ryudom

i light saber isn't a laser anyway so it doesn't matter.
ryudom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2002, 01:56 AM   #297
Lunatic Jedi
Don't make me use this!

I've been trying to order one, but they're phone isn't in service and they don't respond to my emails.

Are they still in business, or what?

http://linuxsupportdesk.net/pichost/...unaticJed1.gif removed [img] tags due to HTTP 401 response --tk102

"Yes. The pain you feel is your very essence, the essence of the crude animal known as Homo Sapien."

-Millions Knives
Old 08-02-2002, 03:01 AM   #298
Lunatic Jedi
Don't make me use this!

*bump*

-Millions Knives
Old 08-03-2002, 02:24 AM   #299
Lunatic Jedi
Don't make me use this!

*another bump*

-Millions Knives
Old 08-03-2002, 02:53 AM   #300
NerfYoda
Grumpy Old Man

Whoa havent seen this thread in a while

Not sure. I'm.. suprised.. to see this thread again.

aka DJ Sith of the Jedi Academy
My car is made of Nerf.
NerfYoda is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2002, 04:34 AM   #301
Lunatic Jedi
Don't make me use this!

Yes! Like the legendary Phoenix it has arisen from the ashes, courtesy of my bump!

-Millions Knives
Old 08-03-2002, 05:39 AM   #302
Canis_Aureus

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scarlet Widow
i've always wanted a lightsaber....but never have i imaged having a hard, solid piece of metal in the centre of the blade. i want a true weapon, the blade being a beam of pure energy with which i can cut thru walls if i so desire

The hilts look great though, i must say.
[/QUOTE

LMAO... this forum gets better each day... YOU sir are a genious ... I had to wait five minutes writing this post... I couldn't get the image of you - scarlet widow - running around town and cutting up every damn wall you could find.

Funny stuff!

MP name
Invictus

---

"The path to the gay side scripts are"

Quanta pugna est doctissimorum hominum.
Diuturnitate pugnae defessi proelio excedebant.
Canis_Aureus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-04-2002, 05:57 PM   #303
[HoT]Dark-Sith

Weeeeeeeee :D

Well, since i last posted, i now own 2 (1 Parksabers, 1 Lightech) and both of them are great!

I prefer the Parks saber because of the design (looks like Vaders/Anakins) but the Lightech one has a better colour of blade, and Lightech has 360 degree light, whereas Parks has a small line running up the side

Both are amazing though, me and one of my m8's have been trying to coreograph (sp?) some sort of fight sequence

I have half a ton of saber links, i'll post them later tonight when i get home (working right now, or supposed to be :P)

[HoT]Dark-Sith

Follower of the Sith Code

There is no peace: There is anger
There is no fear: There is power
There is no death: There is immortality
There is no weakness: There is the Dark Side
I am the heart of Darkness
I know no fear
But rather i instill it in my enemies
I am the destroyer of worlds
I know the power of the Dark Side
I am the fire of hate
All the universe bows before me
I pledge myself to the darkness
For i have found true life
In the death of the light...

[HoT]Dark-Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-05-2002, 03:24 AM   #304
Lunatic Jedi
Don't make me use this!

But are they still in business? I tried to call them and their phone was out of service, and they haven't responded to either of my two emails.

What's going on?!

-Millions Knives
Old 08-06-2002, 06:03 AM   #305
Histys-History

Post I am new to this chat thing

Hi all i am new to this chat thing so.......... Lol it seems cool!!! It seems really cool!

Histys-History is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2002, 06:22 AM   #306
Histys-History

Those sabers look like heaven!

I WANT A SABER!!! But can they be delivered to the United Kingdom? Because i love starwars like no one else does, but hey now is my chance to become a real jedi........... But 100? my arse they're worth 70 at the best! If they can be delivered to the United Kingdom i am going to start saving now!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
You cannot beat a jedi!!! But a sith can beat a jedi so lol!!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Histys-History is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2002, 04:20 PM   #307
SpliffCartel

Exclamation Hey! c'mon!

You can't just create this huge topic about these lightsabers, make me all curious, then not post any pictures!

Please, I thought some people said they were going to, but I can't find any!
SpliffCartel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2002, 09:21 PM   #308
[HoT]Dark-Sith

Well, my memory sucks, but i did say i would post my saber links up the other night, so here they are (can't post pics of mine, yet anyway, no digital camera )

http://www.amazing1.com/star_wars_light_saber.htm - cool site with plasma/argon sabers, cheaper than the EL ones, but not designed for duelling (but the effect is cool nonetheless )

http://www.buystarwarsstuff.com/lightsabers.shtml - The place where i bought my Parksabers Rogue from, nothing apart from Parksabers on here

http://members.tripod.com/rlsasabers/ - This one seems to be just the hilts, all original designs

http://www.koolcollectablesusa.com/starwars/sabers.html - This one is just a link to the Master Replicas sabers which are out now/coming out soon, thought i'd include it anyway

http://www.high-techmagic.com/cgi-bi...y.cgi?0X348591 - The gif on the right hand side of this page says it all (More plasma/argon ones with the effect, not duelable)

http://www.lightechindustries.com/ - One of the bigger ones, and where my Viper Defender came from originally (although second hand when i got it, still cool )

http://www.parksabers.com/ - Seems to be the main competitor for Lightech, Parks has more movie styled hilts, but not exact due to obvious copyright issues

http://www.futurehorizons.net/saber.htm - Another plasma saber site, but this one not only has the extend/retract feature, but also on/off sounds, and due to some sort of car airbag technology, also has swooshy sounds when you swing it (watch the QT vid on the end of the page), you WILL want one of these - the drawback? you better have a spare $590 lying around

http://www.darthsworkshop.fsnet.co.uk/ - Last but by no means least, a site from the UK which has some VERY nice EL lightsabers, which are all based on original trilogy, and EP 1 designs, if i had noticed this page before i got my Parks one, a Vader saber WOULD have been mine...oh well

Enjoy

[HoT]Dark-Sith

I know no fear
I am the fire of hate

Old 08-07-2002, 09:33 PM   #309
[HoT]Dark-Sith

Just thought i'd answer some of the questions while i'm here too (look, i'm bored, ok? )

Quote:
But are they still in business? I tried to call them and their phone was out of service, and they haven't responded to either of my two emails.
They definetly are still in business Lunatic, i only recieved ny Rogue 2 weeks ago, maybe less than that (and if it was Lightech you e-mailed, i wouldn't expect any reply from them through e-mail, tried that myself and was told they were really busy (and apparently their phone is a mobile, i think, so it may be off at times))

Quote:
I WANT A SABER!!! But can they be delivered to the United Kingdom? Because i love starwars like no one else does, but hey now is my chance to become a real jedi........... But 100? my arse they're worth 70 at the best! If they can be delivered to the United Kingdom i am going to start saving now!!!
Thats definetly a yes, since i'm in the UK also, and there was no trouble with either of mine getting to me (be warned though, Parks/BuyStarWarsStuff construction/delivery time is now sitting at 5-10 weeks from ordering, but are worth the wait, provided you don't go insane during the wait )

Quote:
You can't just create this huge topic about these lightsabers, make me all curious, then not post any pictures!
Well, like i said previous post, i don't have a DV, it could be arranged that i could send a small (and admittedly crappy) webcam video of my green saber in use in the dark (it comes on, and moves a bit, anyway )
Pretty sure that someone posted pics of his earlier on in the thread (a LOT earlier), but they might have been removed now, as this was almost a month ago now...

[HoT]Dark-Sith

I know no fear
I am the fire of hate

Old 08-08-2002, 09:17 AM   #310
Nosun

Post no bars

There's a place near where i live, that sells lightsabers ,the hilts are as good as the ones showed up in parksabers. These lightsabers are special because they do have a real beam and they don't need the bar to make it show up.But for now they only have green and blue.But its really great , of course u can't cut anything with that beam its a lazer but not that strong since it only works in dark places,it comes with rechargeable bateries.They really look great but dont expect something like in the movies those beams are only available in photoshop and gimp . eh

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Real Sabers (Jedi Academy)