lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Making Servers.....
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-28-2002, 02:01 AM   #1
KnifeKnips

Post Making Servers.....

Well i'm TRYING to Create Server but it keeps saying "local server" sooooo what is wrong, why won't it give me an ip number? thx
KnifeKnips is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-28-2002, 03:47 AM   #2
PsiSilverthorn

Re: Making Servers.....

Quote:
Originally posted by KnifeKnips
Well i'm TRYING to Create Server but it keeps saying "local server" sooooo what is wrong, why won't it give me an ip number? thx
JKII is not responsible for giving you an IP number. Your ISP does that and if your connected to the Internet you have one. As far as the readout in the about menu item it is supposed to say localhost....That's what your computer refers to as itself. What else do you want to know?
PsiSilverthorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-28-2002, 04:23 AM   #3
BlackMagic

You can determine your ip by opening a dos prompt and typing ipconfig(winXP win2k) or winipcfg(win9x). Hope this helps.
BlackMagic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-28-2002, 04:45 AM   #4
ArmchairAthlete

So I want to make a server and be a player in it on the Internet (not LAN). It says Localhost for me in About (local like local area network right?). Anyhow no one joined... hmmm... I'm pretty sure I opened all the ports, just did one big 28860-28881 or whatever (forgot exact #'s).

I made a dedicated once and the console said names of people who joined, they kept disconnecting or something though... maybe it was the custom map.

http://armchair.8m.com
ArmchairAthlete is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-28-2002, 07:08 AM   #5
NerfYoda
Grumpy Old Man

Localhost is the IP address 127.0.0.1, which is reserved for loopback operations. (ie. for networking applications that don't require you to get out on a network.. yeah it sounds odd, but its there for a reason ) It's an address that every computer (with a NIC) has & cannot be accesed by other computers. You can find out your IP address with ipconfig or winipcfg stated above.
NerfYoda is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-28-2002, 03:18 PM   #6
KnifeKnips

about this...

ok but why is it that when my friend or i MAKE these servers, we don't show up when we look for each other with "find player"? and is there any other system that can look at jk2o games, like spygames or whatever?
KnifeKnips is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Making Servers.....