lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: custom pk3 music
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-28-2002, 03:39 PM   #1
Baron Fitz

custom pk3 music

When I grab one of those files that promises to replace the music when I'm dueling with someone with Duel of the Fates (or whatever), it doesn't actually replace the music when I'm online.

Does it work like UT where you have to have it installed on the server? I wouldn't think that music playing on the client side would present a problem, but try as I might, I can't get it to work. I would love to have something more suited to saber dueling than the clip they picked, which comes from a space dogfight, if I recall correctly. (I seem to have mental images of X-Wings when it plays)

Thanks,
Baron
Baron Fitz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-28-2002, 03:49 PM   #2
hyrit

Afraid you guessed right as far as I can tell. Try running your own server, and it should work. It won't use any pk3 files unless the server you're playing on says its ok...it doesn't matter if it's mp3s or hacks, it simply won't use them. Only suggestion I have is to mute the music in game and use winamp.
hyrit is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > custom pk3 music