lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Recommend me a game
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-03-2000, 02:43 PM   #1
Jedi_4

Wink Recommend me a game

hi.
I NEED A NEW GAME TO PLAY. I JUST GOT FINISHED WITH PHANTOM MENACE, AND SO IM LOOKIN FOR SUMTHING ELSE. WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE BEST STAR WARS GAME (FOR PLAYSTATION)??? THANKS.
PS- OH YEAH COULD YOU TELL ME IF ITS A ROLEPLAYING GAME (I LOVE EM) OR NOT PLEASE...
OK ILL BE BACK LATER
BYE

------------------
"I dont know..fly casual!"
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2000, 07:21 PM   #2
84Elan

Lightbulb

Well the next logical step would be to Jedi Power Battles but if you like RPG I am not a big fan of them the closest I come to those games would be Fear Effect and that just gets on my nerves due to the confining moves that you are left with and set path. They are like those old Choose your own adventure books. JPB is a step up in action from TPM but it does not have the character interaction that TPM had. Simply Kill or Be killed.
Old 06-04-2000, 05:54 AM   #3
Zoom Rabbit
Trekkie

Current Game: Tsuji-giri
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Well, the only games this rabbit plays are starfighter sims (and Podracer, of course)! Try out X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter if you have a 16 MB RAM (like me ), or X-Wing Alliance and Rogue Squadron if you have 32 MB-plus.

If you like blowing up spaceships and the such, try one of these!

------------------
"The entire universe is simply the fractal chaos boundary between intersecting domains of high and low energy."
Zoom Rabbit is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2000, 06:04 AM   #4
Cpl. Shepard

Never played JK or Mysteries of the Sith? Then get 'em! Yeah, they're not for Playstation, but you've gotta play these if you like SW. As metioned before, you can try the space sims. If you're really desperate, then try Force Commander.
Old 06-04-2000, 07:05 AM   #5
LDB_Leeman

To be quite honest, you should go for one of the PC Star Wars games. They're much better quality - I myself own a playstation and was terribly dissapointed with the poor Star Wars games on it (Teras Kasi, TPM, JPB).
I'm also incredibly fed up with Lucasarts milking Episode 1 dry, but that's another topic altogether.

------------------
www.thereckoning.co.uk - My Personal Starcruiser.
Old 06-04-2000, 07:15 PM   #6
Jedi Kenobi

Jedi Power Battles is an excellent game. It's the best Star Wars game (well, maybe a tie with Jedi Knight, but only because of mods).
Old 06-04-2000, 08:37 PM   #7
LDB_modeski

IMO, there are 3 games that every self-respecting gamer should play. Well, there are about 300 I can think of, but try these 3.

1: Manic Miner for the Spectrum
2: Frogger (for whatver platform)
3: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2

They're not for PSX, in fact I bet you've never even heard of a playstation (grr the youth of today), but u might wanna get an emulator and have a blast.

------------------
visit the Lucky Despot Boyz Jedi Knight Clan site www.ldb.org.uk
Old 06-04-2000, 09:47 PM   #8
Jedi_4

Thumbs up

thanks everyone!! =P

------------------
"I dont know..fly casual!"
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars Classic Gaming > 1. The HuB > The Cantina! > Recommend me a game