lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Should GB be open Beta
Yes, definately 12 57.14%
No way 9 42.86%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Open beta testing
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-25-2001, 08:03 PM   #1
corranhorn

Open beta testing

Should GB be open beta testing. don't just stand there, VOTE.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2001, 08:11 PM   #2
Darth_Rommel
argh

Yes... then we might get some early review/previews
Darth_Rommel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2001, 08:17 PM   #3
darthfergie
Q-38 Modulator

LFN Staff Member 
I want it
I want it
I want it
I want it
I want it
I want it
I want it
I want it

darthfergie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2001, 08:17 PM   #4
corranhorn

I agree, but for that reason, I think they won't, but who knows. If they ask for testers, I bet they would get a lot of volunteers. We're all anxious to see the game in action.
Old 08-25-2001, 09:00 PM   #5
Paladin

That would rock!
Old 08-25-2001, 09:06 PM   #6
Admiral Odin

it would be a nice prize after a contest of some kind.
Old 08-25-2001, 09:09 PM   #7
xwing guy

I bet those beta testers get bored playing the same thing over and over and over...
Old 08-25-2001, 09:12 PM   #8
Paladin

Hell i would never get bored of playing SWBG for a month or two.
Old 08-25-2001, 09:14 PM   #9
Admiral Odin

It must be frustrating at times though. You find one bug and have to start all over again.
Old 08-25-2001, 11:39 PM   #10
Tie Guy

Nope, closed beta are really more effective. They get the best people who know the most and can be the most usefull. Sure, i'd like to be a beta tester for the game, but i wouldn't be much help.
Old 08-27-2001, 04:39 PM   #11
Dorsk8199

Testing does get boring. I was on the QA team for a software company. When you have to go from build to build testing the same thing over and over you get real bored real quick. Especially if you report an error and the same error is still in there. Then when you get a release candidate and you do full regression testing that is nuts. You have to test every part of the software inside and out. It's not a job I would want to have for the rest of my life. I think open testing is a good idea though. The more people testing something gives you a better chance that they will try something that just never occured to people who know the product too well.
Old 08-27-2001, 05:23 PM   #12
Ewok14

I'd Love to Be a Bata Tester but i would be really boring to do coz you have to note down every single bug you find and they should use proffesionals to do that anyway
Old 08-27-2001, 05:56 PM   #13
ChrisC3po

Keep dreaming guys.
Old 08-28-2001, 02:45 AM   #14
Drakeon

id do it just to play the game early!!
Old 08-28-2001, 03:44 AM   #15
Paragon_Leon
LFN Staff Emeritus

i voted 'no'.. Open beta testing is like having someone tell a complete movie to you before you go see it. It spoils the fun. You won't be able to play it with the free fun factor you want to play it; you'll play it also when you DON'T want to play it.
It could ruin your enthusiasm before the game even comes out.
Trust me; it can happen..

Paragon_Leon = = =

"Well sometimes you hear an artist say: 'This is a song that God gave to me.' and when he starts playing it, you understand why God didn't want it anymore." - Martyn Joseph
Paragon_Leon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2001, 01:31 PM   #16
Wraith 5
Master of the Obvious

I said yes...

I think you would get a wider variaty of people looking at the game, with a better chance of finding something that is realy stupid or something that a group of people would like to see changed, that realy makes the game better.

But what leon is one reason i don't know if i would want to be a beta tester. It mite ruin the game (then again maybe not...)

and Chris i dream about bg everyday!!!

I don't have to blow up everything
I jusk like to.
Wraith 5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2001, 04:22 PM   #17
Tie Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon
i voted 'no'.. Open beta testing is like having someone tell a complete movie to you before you go see it. It spoils the fun. You won't be able to play it with the free fun factor you want to play it; you'll play it also when you DON'T want to play it.
It could ruin your enthusiasm before the game even comes out.
Trust me; it can happen..
Uh, Leo, it's npot really like getting told about a movie before you go see it. It like going to see the new movie before it even comes out. It doesn't ruin anything, because you are the one playing the game (or watching the movie) not getting told about it. If anything, all that we talk about on these boards ruind the fun alot more than playing the game early. Of course, that's just my opinion.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > Community > GalacticBattles.com > Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds > Galactic Discussion > Open beta testing