lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Official JK2 1.03 Patch Thread!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-15-2002, 01:16 PM   #441
JaledDur

I really hope that is the case. I do think, though, that we should be prepared to fix it ourselves if this patch doesnt come so we dont lose half the community.

What we need right now is official word on this issue: will there or will there not be another patch.
JaledDur is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2002, 03:05 PM   #442
adillon

well, i didn't have the patience to read through all 12 pages of this thread ... call me lazy. with that said, please don't flame me if i ask a dumb question that's been asked already ... i don't think it has b/c most of what i actually did read was related to the changes in sabering.

anyway, has anybody noticed that fact that taunts are no longer accessible? i've binded a key for the taunts, and ever since i installed the patch it doesn't do anything. i unbinded it and rebinded it, and still nothing. does anybody know why this is, and how to get them back?

i miss laughing at people in game. and btw, don't know if "binded" or "unbinded" or "rebinded" are words or not.

adillon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2002, 03:23 PM   #443
fitzwilliamd

More literary legerdemain from Ravensoft:

Quote:
In general, some work was put into making sabers more likely to hit - both the other players and their lightsaber. This was not so much a problem with strong attacks because they are so long and slow, but often medium and fast attacks would miss or pass through. --Michael Chang Gummelt, Gameplay Programmer: Jedi Knight II
The work put into this problem was counterproductive. It takes only a cursory read of the forums to see that individuals are frustrated by the new propensity for the saber to pass through models without shield or health damage.
Quote:
Medium was not meant to be the whirling dervish style, so it was made so that, if you do the same exact move over and over again, you cannot chain as many attacks as if you mix it up a little. "Spinning top" fighters should use fast style. This is the *only* change to medium style. --Michael Chang Gummelt, Gameplay Programmer: Jedi Knight II
Even a casual examination of 1.02 Medium in comparison to 1.03 Medium will reveal enormous changes in the style. Mr. Gummelt claims that there has been a single change to medium: reduction of chain attacks. If there was *only* one single alteration to the style, then why is medium radically changed?

The answer is simple and undeniable. The core gameplay adjustments made were not made in a vacuum, as it were; each time the code is altered it influences other variables causing enormous change to the whole. The medium style is almost unrecognizable due to the impact of the new saber mechanics. This single change to Medium appears small, but not when examined in the context of enormous alterations to the whole.

After delineating the changes Mr. Gummelt says:
Quote:
Regardless of what you feel is different or other posters say, these are really the *only* changes to saber combat...
Since a large portion of the JK community see this patch as a dramatic conversion: why patronize us by saying that what we feel or read is wrong; to contend that the changes are minor is astounding. Whether you enjoy the patch or not, it is obvious that saber dynamics are tremendously different. The realization becomes more acute relative to your knowledge of the intricacies of gameplay. Idle saber damage tuning, parries, deflections, knockaways, hit probabilities, etc. This sounds revolutionary to me. Raven wants Multiplayer to be like Single Player. But we are Ravensoft! Our official view is that despite what you clearly see ‘these are really the *only* changes to saber combat...’

Incredible.

Complex systems created by simple deterministic programming rule sets must be thoroughly understood in order to make predictions and effectuate control of the final product. Perhaps, since the Raven programmers are using a canned engine (Quake 3) their excellent alterations have gotten unmanageable for them. They are not the creative genius behind this remarkable engine; Raven has modified the Quake III Team Arena software. Perhaps the complexity inherent in the system has gotten out of their control. At first, they modified the tune to make a pleasant melody. Then they began tinkering with it and some of the notes have soured. If you have a good ear for music, you are going to want them to clean up the score.

As Byron has it, "a change came o'er the spirit of my dream."

And you are quite wrong, Mr. Gummelt, what we feel and discuss and can clearly see is not invalidated because you say so. Your Jedi Mind Trick is useless against us. These ARE the droids we are looking for.
fitzwilliamd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2002, 03:27 PM   #444
Neo Honor

Well, I guess that it is settled... Play or don't play. Adapt, or put the game on the shelf (or whatever you use to store your games).

Fight or Flight? Anything that assures that you will fight again.
Neo Honor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2002, 04:24 PM   #445
Vestril
The Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Neo Honor
Well, I guess that it is settled... Play or don't play. Adapt, or put the game on the shelf (or whatever you use to store your games).
Why should we have to put it on the shelf? We bought the game, and Raven decided to alter it, and when they made that alteration they basically stated 'we are going to make this game better.' If they had only fixed the bug issues, then almost no one would be complaining, and they would only be expected to patch bug problems.

As the completely changed the gameplay basically overnight, and essentially pandering to the whims of the people who complained--they are expected, and rightfully so, to continue tweaking the multiplayer aspect.

If this is the last patch, this is the last Raven game I will buy, because that would suggest to me that they are irresponsible and rude. I've already seen a thread from a hardcore gamer who's only ever played the patch, but researched into the game heavily and won't buy it because of this patch, and complainers are kind of like cockroaches--if you see one, there are many hidden...

Vestril was here!!!!!!!!!
Vestril is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2002, 04:35 PM   #446
Neo Honor

So that means that you decided to play it then. That's why my thread gave options. People will either play the game as it is (with the patch) or refuse to play the game ever again therfore effectively "putting it on the shelf". I know your upset, to a point I am too, but please read posts more accuratly before you proceed to argue it.

BTW: I do support your ideas, but I would buy more games by them. Alot of game comps don't even bother to patch once. I think that quake has really spoiled people. You have to remember thought that one of the reasons that Q3 was patched so much (other than for the fans) was so that they could iron out problems for other games leasing the engine.

Old 05-15-2002, 04:43 PM   #447
adillon

so does anybody know how to get the taunts to works again? the patch got rid of them.

adillon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2002, 04:55 PM   #448
fitzwilliamd

1.03 Propaganda:

Quote:
In general, some work was put into making sabers more likely to hit - both the other players and their lightsaber. This was not so much a problem with strong attacks because they are so long and slow, but often medium and fast attacks would miss or pass through. --Michael Chang Gummelt, Gameplay Programmer: Jedi Knight II
Now a demo showing this to be false and utter nonsense. Keep in mind that Mr. Gummelt claims sabers are now more likely to hit as you watch the demo.

1.03 Facts:

Quote:
Originally posted by Hado
http://www.iceplosive.com/saberbugs103.zip

This is the first version.

There's a lot more clipping issues where sabers go right through people without damaging, especially after a victim is knocked over.

I'll come up with more demos soon.
Let me be clear. We post so that fixes will be applied to the current patch. Raven released an eminently buggy patch, now hopefully they will tidy up the mess.
fitzwilliamd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2002, 05:04 PM   #449
Vestril
The Man

Quote:
Originally posted by adillon
so does anybody know how to get the taunts to works again? the patch got rid of them.
Huh They work fine for me...

Quote:
So that means that you decided to play it then. That's why my thread gave options. People will either play the game as it is (with the patch) or refuse to play the game ever again therfore effectively "putting it on the shelf". I know your upset, to a point I am too, but please read posts more accuratly before you proceed to argue it.

BTW: I do support your ideas, but I would buy more games by them. Alot of game comps don't even bother to patch once. I think that quake has really spoiled people. You have to remember thought that one of the reasons that Q3 was patched so much (other than for the fans) was so that they could iron out problems for other games leasing the engine.
Not to be rude, but I am afraid that it is you who should read posts with a little more accuracy before you proceed to argue it.

I read your post, it did not 'present options,' it presented the old argument of 'you don't like the patch? Don't play' which is bull.

If Raven didn't change balance issues in a patch, it would be silly of me to expect them to patch it again and fix the new issues. The fact is, though, that Raven changed the game dynamic, and their changes brought with them a whole host of issues that need to be addressed, and if they leave it where it is--it would be beyond idiotic, because it would leave a big chunk of their community angry and annoyed, and for many of us it has made the game very annoying overnight. I would not wish to buy games from idiots who's support exists, but is really horrible. If this is the only patch, Raven's support is horrible--it would be like they went out of their way to piss off half of their players.

I know, I know--don't play with the patch if you don't like it. That, too, is a stupid argument. The patch addressed a number of balance and bug issues that make sense, and I don't want to lose those, and I shouldn't have to, Raven should fix the new round of unbalances they created, and bring back the flow and pace of the prepatch game.

I wish to clarify the point of my earlier post: IF this is the last patch Raven makes, Raven will be treating its community poorly, and I want no part of a company that would do that.

Vestril was here!!!!!!!!!
Vestril is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2002, 06:36 PM   #450
SLI_Fallen

With SoF II now gold, one wonders if "the grass is $greener$ on the other side of the street" will have an impact on any future patching for JKII. Especially if there are unforseen bugs that emerge once the public gets it's hands on SoF II.

The intent was good with 1.03, it's the execution that was awful.

IMHO the game in question is of little relevence when it comes to "one shot kills". Every game, regardless of genera, will have any one shot kill whored online beyond belief. In JKII saber fighting, formerly it was DFA. Now its the backstab. (and at every stance no less!!). If you are going to include any O.S.K. At least *TRY* to balance it somehow with a defense or something.

My .02¢ , your mileage may vary.

Disclaimer:
"This post is not meant to offend anyone it is not directed at anyone or any clan. The authors opinions expressed here are valid only at the point in time he is writing it. The Author reserves the right to withdraw any comment or change his opinions entirely."
Have a good day!!! -(C) 1998, R.Hunter Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SLI_Fallen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2002, 03:24 AM   #451
Unchar

I have only played the demo, I am just wondering is it possible to enable g_saberrealisticcombat in MP games? It seems to me the realistic damage effect will ignore the weaken tip/swing start/end damage nerfed in the patch.

Just curious. I definitly prefer a realistically damaging lightsaber as in the movie. Btw in knight/master difficulty, I keep killing the Dark Jedi in demo using blue backstab, while other cool looking attacks seldomly inflict much damage in comparison no matter how I try to "break his defence". If this is how the game works now honesty I am quite disappointed.

Last edited by Unchar; 05-16-2002 at 10:36 AM.
Unchar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2002, 10:21 AM   #452
flippo

It is.
flippo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2002, 02:18 PM   #453
sttaffy

ok, i read the first 7 pages of this thread and the last 2, so i think i have a good idea of what is going on. i have been playing this game since it was on shelves, and i love it. i played it constantlyand got realllly good at it. usually in 1st place with double the kills in gun servers, and way less dramatic but 85% winning in no gun servers. i was a lightsider, and i will still be. i havent played the patch yet, i am in 56k hell right now, but i will be on the servers relearning the game in 3 days (cant wait) as for the changes, and what i have read about them in this thread:

kickflip- great move. one of the more fun parts of the game was to get kickflipped to death, then follow the guy around in the map kickflipping him until he logged to show him that you are a better kicker than him. i have had intense kicking matches. all good fun. and how awesome is it to kickflip a drain gripper off of ns streets? i always thouht the kickflip used a double kick to do, like you jump on them, then off them, so i guess i wont have to adjust there.

saber combat. awesome changes from the sound of it. i was on a server once (tffa) and we all agreed to duel with light side only and no force. there was one fight that was like 7 minutes long. the fights looked so sexy, and straight from a movie. so, anyhting to balance the stances kicks ass. blocking sounds cool, too.

light force powers- they are just different now. the stealth absorb seems a little cheap, but so was heal pre-patch. heal will still kick ass as a power. instead of hitting heal whenever you get hit, you will need to save force for it, and decide whether to try to push a fool of a bridge or to heal yourself.

dark force powers- grip and drain are harder to use in conjunction- yay. no more dfa drainer spam tards? yay. i might actually get sabered once in a while when i get the patch, instead of getting gripped and hacked to bits by the grippers buddies (tffa, i like it because you fight groups).

maps- who cares

bye bye DFA- dfa just weeded out the newbies from the people who actually knew what they were doing. i never used dfa, but if you dont know how to kill a dfa spammer then you deserved to get splatted.

it will be very fun to try to catch up to patched players after not playing for two weeks. new challenge
sttaffy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2002, 04:56 PM   #454
Unchar

One more question.
People are saying that backstab is unblockable and 1 hit kill. Is the "unblockable" part a bug? And does it 1 hit kill merely because it always connect, or because its damage is unnaturally high too?

Thanks
Unchar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2002, 05:09 PM   #455
flippo

You're under the impression that the longer saber fights are a result of improved saber combat. You also believe these longers fights will be fun like the ones in 1.02. They aren't. Long fights in 1.02 were fun and exciting because if a fight lasted long it was because you were fighting someone of equal skill to you. This made it very rewarding to win this kind of fight (or even lose). In the new patch, however, fights last long only because blocking is so wildly out of whack and because a lot of the time sabers don't even make contact (even if they actually do). This makes the fight long, but instead of it being action-packed and rewarding at the end, they are highly frustrating. You may think it was a close fight until you ask the person how much health they have, and it's like 85. These fights are also devoid of any skill. In 1.02 well timed swings were rewarded. Not so in 1.03. You're honestly better off swinging wildy hoping to get a hit. Also DFA has been replaced with the "janitor technique". This is where you force pull someone to you knocking them down, then doing a backslash, or simply just running around backwards until you get to someone then hit attack. Expect to see a lot of this going on. Also expect to see a lot of people in light stance freaking out, swinging crazily. Of course if you don't like the game as it is now, you might like the patch, but if you do like the game right now, I suggest not patching, considering the patch changes the entire game.
flippo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2002, 06:51 PM   #456
Neo Honor

The only problem that i see with the patch is the fact the light and dark sides aren't balanced. Light has the clear advantage. Tell me how to win with dark forces and I will have no complaint with the patch...

Since they made reg blocking random, they should have made blocking when knocked down (just before someone is going to back stab you) random as well, so that people won't just use absorb (as to negate dark powers) and then use push/pull to move in for the kill (180 spin... back stab). You know? Kind of like a roll and block making the back stab only hit (1 hit kill) less often (instead of 100% of the time. I know that you (some of you) will bitch about this idea saying that this wasn't the way that 1.02 was, but the fact remains.. this isn't 1.02 and I think that this idea would help balance the game...

Last edited by Neo Honor; 05-16-2002 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-17-2002, 04:16 PM   #457
Agen
The Spoon Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by flippo
You're under the impression that the longer saber fights are a result of improved saber combat. You also believe these longers fights will be fun like the ones in 1.02. They aren't. Long fights in 1.02 were fun and exciting because if a fight lasted long it was because you were fighting someone of equal skill to you. This made it very rewarding to win this kind of fight (or even lose). In the new patch, however, fights last long only because blocking is so wildly out of whack and because a lot of the time sabers don't even make contact (even if they actually do). This makes the fight long, but instead of it being action-packed and rewarding at the end, they are highly frustrating. You may think it was a close fight until you ask the person how much health they have, and it's like 85. These fights are also devoid of any skill. In 1.02 well timed swings were rewarded. Not so in 1.03. You're honestly better off swinging wildy hoping to get a hit. Also DFA has been replaced with the "janitor technique". This is where you force pull someone to you knocking them down, then doing a backslash, or simply just running around backwards until you get to someone then hit attack. Expect to see a lot of this going on. Also expect to see a lot of people in light stance freaking out, swinging crazily. Of course if you don't like the game as it is now, you might like the patch, but if you do like the game right now, I suggest not patching, considering the patch changes the entire game.
Well time in 1.2 was easy, you sjtu had to run by and hit, al lthey ahd to do was hit. Have you seen any jedi in the movies being kileld while they're guarding
The true fact is that you have to time much better than in 1.02. I mean you gotta hit em whiel they attempt to hit, maknig much closer combat and more saber locks.
Agen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2002, 05:19 PM   #458
Kanubis

Has anyone mentioned the typing console that appears above a typists head (sorry if they have)? It was one of the most considerate additions they could have made. Little touches like that are what makes patches worthwhile.

The saber combat was always going to be hard to balance.. and they haven't got it right yet. Big deal, only the first patch (of course they'll be others!). If you hate it that much, why don't you go outside and get some fresh air until the next one?
Kanubis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2002, 06:05 PM   #459
Neo Honor

It was said in another post that this will be the only patch. I hope that this is not true, but it was supposed to be quoted my someone at raven.

Old 05-20-2002, 05:35 PM   #460
FatalStrike

This is horrible

DFA is useless because you rotate in the air, any newB can take one step left or right.

Heavy stance is useless, it seems slower, and it weak at its points of greatest advantage. Heavy was usefull for its reach both to the left and right, now that swings are only powerful at their midpoints any newb can avoid great damage by moving an inch to avoid a slow (slower now thanks to the "update") swing.

Blue is too good and this ridiculous backstab is now the srongest hit in the game. Its always full strength hits because of its speed, making it easier for non-skilled players to do damage. I've noticed players engaging groups !!backwards!! because the backstab kills you in 1 hit 80% of the time.

Thanks to weakening of swings the saber throw is used more frequently than before because its take a large toll per hit compared to the average swing. Duels are now frisbee wars, thanks to this.

Yellow stance is garbage, its harder to spin and it generally does not do much damage.

This "update" is a bone tossed to poor players that needed to slow down and handicap fast reacting skilled competetors.

Oh and if you want to know the definition of useless try to use the updated red stance against a newB that likes to throw his saber a lot. You won't score a hit if he knows how to run away.

Next update maybe they'll replace heavy with a spitball and a straw.
FatalStrike is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2002, 05:57 PM   #461
FatalStrike

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Agen_Terminator
[B]

"Have you seen any jedi in the movies being kileld while they're guarding.

The true fact is that you have to time much better than in 1.02."

Are you serious?! Luke gets thrown all over the place while guarding, by Vader swing strength, he breaks Lukes guard all the time!! That was the positive of heavy stance, its slow but it is stronger and harder to block. As far as Jedi's being killed while guarding, how many Jedi's actually die out side of episode II?

As to your timing statement, this just makes Blue that much better, the timing is unimpotant because of the quick swing. So basically you are left with a game that encourages players to use weak stances. oooh what an improvement, lets all use the rookie stance.

Also how is a defensive move like a back stab (blue stance) going to be a near one hit kill. Now players use pull and turn and kill you. I guess a backstab is much stronger than a hit you put your back into and all of your strength (red). Ever seen a jedi do that?!
FatalStrike is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2002, 07:37 PM   #462
Azraelt

I got the patch.
1) They fixed some issues that needed fixing.
2) They screwed around with good things (ie. They completly ruined the medium stance, that stance was perfect the way it was, I used it all the time, now it is worthless)
3) Blue spammers are everwhere now, the overpowered the backstab.
4) SOme force nerfs are ok, but they screwed up others by over nerfing, like force heal.

In short, they fixed somethings, ruined others, but I think that they caused more problems then they fixed. I like the post by artifix that outlines what needs to be done. In addition to his suggestions, they need to put medium stance back EXACTLY the way it was in 1.02. Because of the problems they made with medium, I think I am going to go back to 1.02, medium was perfect, it worked fine, not too fast, not too slow, decent damage. Now it's too slow, I can't do some of the moves, the spin move is **** now, it's too slow, the otehr spin move in 1.02 was FINE!!!! Why mess with things that work fine, no one complained about medium stance, it was the only perfect stance and raven ruins it. Oh well, 1.02 here I come.
Azraelt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2002, 10:37 PM   #463
Atwight014

O M G.

I just got back and tried out this 1.03 patch.

What the hell. What's the point of even playing this game now, they've absolutely nullified one of the most unique elements of this game. Force. EVERY SINGLE PERSON I used push/pull, drain (which is now nicely gimped it seems,) grip, lightning, WHATEVER they *always* had absorb on. Why even PLAY dark side when you can go light side, put on absorb, pick up a gun, and play Quake 3. And then I'm not totally sure what happened to sabers, but every screwball seems to be doing that behind sweep move like there's no tommorow. Who in the name of god is responsible for this living piece of **** they call a patch? Welcome to Quake 3 with force speed and sabers.

--------------------------
-Atwight014
-when regular insanity just doesn't cut it.
Atwight014 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2002, 04:11 AM   #464
steeef

there will always be losers who exploit certain parts of the game just so they can get a higher score. deal with it.
if you don't like the way the weapons are, play on a saber-only server.
if you don't like a lot of the force changes, play on a no-force server.

saber combat has only improved with 1.03. blocking is more accurate than in 1.02, where sabers would often pass through each other. adapt, that's the only advice i can give.

and if you're too impatient to adapt, there are still plenty of 1.02 servers out there.
steeef is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2002, 01:56 PM   #465
MonKey-turD

ok heres my opinion of the new patch (althought its a little late i just found this site )

anyway
they have COMPLETELY screwed up saber dueling, the blue stance is way to weak, its good they sped it up tho, they shouldnt have touched the damage, yellows stance you seem to stop sabering after a while and sorta lift your saber up a bit for a second or 2, leaving you extremly vunrable, redstace is ok, good that you can do combos.
Its WAY to easy to block most attacks i do get blocked even if im on the side, you either have to wait for the to attack you, leaving them open, or go 2vs1, no jedi is that good at blocking
1 hit kill moves are horrible, there are so many of them now, instead of putting up a proper saber battle they just keep on doing 1 hit kill moves and nothing else, its too easy to hit people with 1 hit kill moves too, and the non jumping ones are to hard to aviod in a tight situation (with like 3 or more people going at it), you can just randomly do it and probly hit one = no skill.
there are too many idiots you just use grip/lightning + 1 hit kill moves its really annoying
1 more thing, heal is completly **** now, change it back, it used to be a good defence against grip on a saber only servers, now grip is far too powerfull and heal cant do ****, as far as im concerned its useless now.
MonKey-turD is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2002, 03:30 PM   #466
Atwight014

Steef, obviously you're bad at this 'reading' thing for someone complaining about impatience. All the servers might as well BE no force servers, everyone basically turns on absorb or be pushed into a pit of hell. Instead of being on potentially equal force grounds, you either have absorb on and live, or don't. There is no room for a dark force user. There's move abuse in every game, but one that basically nullifies half the game attacks? Hum. A noforce server would run even MORE counter-intuitive to what I want, and I never said a thing about weapons or saber being bad, but commented everyone was doing some sort of sweep move.

In conclusion, read before you post flamer.

--------------------------
-Atwight014
-when regular insanity just doesn't cut it.
Atwight014 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2002, 05:33 AM   #467
ArmchairAthlete

Do this Raven:

#1 Beef up the Dark Side

#2 Nerf Absorb somewhat, (No godmode plz)

#3 Remove Saber Throw from No force duels (You can't throw a saber like that without use of the force, and it ruins the duels, boomerang saber fight sucks)

#4 Backstabs shouldn't be a 1-hit kill, knock em down and it's over now

#5 Adjust Saber blocking and damage, currently a Red Stance user can hold still in a corner and fear little from any other stance.

Is that so hard? One little patch? Blizzard would have been all over this by now. This game is seriously messed up.

But good idea in bringing it to Gamecube, they definitely need more Teen/Mature games. Sure, no online multi and you have to use a crappy controller but it's there for them now.

Speaking of Mature games buy Resident Evil for Gamecube guys, best looking/scariest game I ever played.

http://armchair.8m.com
ArmchairAthlete is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2002, 10:36 AM   #468
AV4T4R

PLEASE, let the backrun speed be SLOWER then forward speed!

It's totally unrealistic and unstrategically in duels having a player only running back at same speed of someone running against him!

---

Please can't u give a little advantage to walking people?
I dont mean " I LOVE TO WALK" but i thinks it should add a lot of interests and tatics to the duels!

Allow runners to use logical-running moves, and maybe longer range, slower speed and slower % to block!
allor walking player slower range, faster speed and more % to block!

As u devided the game in STANCES, u can devide the game with more strategy.

In the patch i noticed a GREAT things, the FEEDBACK, when u 'r in heavy stance, u can knoc down the enemy defense if your blocking allowing u to swith in blue and strike an fast slash!.. but... i cant do that all the times couse most times when i knock down a defense, my enemy run 30 metres away!!!!

Just try to balance it better!
AV4T4R is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2002, 12:33 PM   #469
Neo Honor

Quote:
Originally posted by ArmchairAthlete
Do this Raven:

#1 Beef up the Dark Side

#2 Nerf Absorb somewhat, (No godmode plz)

#3 Remove Saber Throw from No force duels (You can't throw a saber like that without use of the force, and it ruins the duels, boomerang saber fight sucks)

#4 Backstabs shouldn't be a 1-hit kill, knock em down and it's over now

#5 Adjust Saber blocking and damage, currently a Red Stance user can hold still in a corner and fear little from any other stance.
Good idea. I agree that the changes are as simple as this. They could change this and have it patched in a few days. Lets not bother them about it though. They are people and can get mad and not change a things. But Team Raven. As you see , what we want is simple and easily changed. Just one last patch and you can be done with us....

Old 05-24-2002, 05:51 AM   #470
graigsmith

i found some bugs with the newest patch.

you cant kick forward now.. you used to be able to walk into someone and jump to kick them. now you can not. but you can still strafe into them sideways and kick them. either fix it or remove the side kicks too. cause its silly to have side kicks and no front kick.
graigsmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-24-2002, 06:01 AM   #471
graigsmith

or if you want to kick

just turn sideways and jump into them for the kick. then turn around all the way and instakill backstab them while they are laying on the ground.
Old 05-24-2002, 08:09 AM   #472
graigsmith

i have played the new patch for several hours.. and have decided i DO NOT like the changes. its stupid, everyone runs around backwards hoping for backstabs.

and its super hard to hit anyone with red mode.

kick should be fixed back the way it was. sure you get people kicking alot.. but thats not near as many people running around backwards. and now people have hotkeys for double jump, so theres no reason to have changed it.

i read a comment above about making people run slower while running backwards.. that would be a good idea.
Old 05-24-2002, 08:14 AM   #473
graigsmith

"Well time in 1.2 was easy, you sjtu had to run by and hit, al lthey ahd to do was hit. Have you seen any jedi in the movies being kileld while they're guarding
The true fact is that you have to time much better than in 1.02. I mean you gotta hit em whiel they attempt to hit, maknig much closer combat and more saber locks."

good idea.. mabey you should make backstabs blockable. because currently, they are unblockable, and insta death.
Old 05-24-2002, 08:21 AM   #474
graigsmith

"All the servers might as well BE no force servers, everyone basically turns on absorb or be pushed into a pit of hell. Instead of being on potentially equal force grounds, you either have absorb on and live, or don't. There is no room for a dark force user."

um please. do you want to just kill a whole group of people with lightning? you do know drain drains a light jedi's force power right? it drains it fast..

and you do know that you cant get pushed hardly at all when you are standing still?

i play a light character, and believe it or not.. you cant leave absorb on all the time. well unless you got a ton of people lightning you.. but that is not the usual case.
Old 05-24-2002, 08:28 AM   #475
TheMadZealot

Screw 1.03 way to noobify a good game Raven
TheMadZealot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-24-2002, 12:32 PM   #476
Territo

The main issue that has to be fixed is the backswing/backstab, I don't see how that would even do more dmg then a forward swing. Anyway, seeing people just run backwards hitting attack is pretty retarted.
Territo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2002, 03:37 AM   #477
Spyque64

Has anyone even heard of any plans for a 1.04 to fix this..uh..mess??
Spyque64 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2002, 03:33 PM   #478
Mutiny32

I wish that I could complain about the gameplay in MP. About 2 minutes into the game in MP, the computer will hardlock. Have to cold boot. Does this every time. Not a sound card issue, tried different sound cards. Not a driver issue, tried many, many different builds of Detonators. I can't play MP online, but I can play single player all day long without a single crash. It's the iLoop error magnified in this game X100.
Mutiny32 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2002, 04:38 PM   #479
DeadpoolXQ

Man, thats a lot of pages, but I'm bored and feel like make'n a post of observations.

There are those who say there were complainers before the patch and now that Raven has "fixed" things that there are complainers again. Well, pre-patch it seemed the only ones complaining were then newbie players who thought that because they kept dying there is something wrong with the game. Oh, this is unbalanced! oh come one thats hardly fair! ...they're new to the game, put in a little bit of time before u expect to come in first every time you play. Where as the skilled players, who have put in a lot of time playing did not do much whining at the time. I think this was because they realized some things were slightly unbalanced but EASILY countered(ppl would know this if they played for more than a few hours or maybe they're just not good, that happens). I don't usually top all the games I play with luck.

Now understand I haven't yet played with the patch (aol...die) from what i've read there seems to be some drastic changes. And yeah "if u don't like it, don't play it." well, thats one of the sorriest comments i've ever read, sorry. People payed hard earned money for a product and liked it, those who didn't had a chance to take it back. But now out of no where the game seems to be altered pretty severely. (honestly, the double click for kicking...is that a joke...was it necessary...does it make ANY difference, haha) But changing the force and saber combat...i have never found any force power cheap nor any saber style unfair, ( i just didn't like when someone completed a dfa and i walk around and my toe hits the saber and i die, it just didn't seem right but of course why the hell would i walk on a saber in the first place) i liked the way the combat played out, it was intense and fun.

My point (...ya i know i stray often from my points) is that after the patch Raven catered to the ppl that complained before but now it seems from reading through the forum the the complainers NOW are the SKILLED players of before, the ones that put time in to learn the game and they are the ones suffering and, i believe, have an actual reason to complain now.

I will of course download the patch to verify and see how (badly?) it has changed, i know if i want to i will adapt easily but i just loved the way the game played before and i don't know how it could be better (maybe only worse?). Oh well i don't feel like re-reading my post to make sure i made a clear idea , later.

"Eh, you can't run from the Grim Reaper, Hector! Especially when he's got a gun!"
DeadpoolXQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2002, 05:13 PM   #480
da_rat

the back swings are whored like a 2 cent prostitue, and the front kicks effected the wall running also, meaning they just dont happen. Heavy stance is weaker, but i never had a problem with heavy attackers. the Chance to block it just outrageous, it's pretty much stand still 2 be partially invinceable....this patch is pathetic...
da_rat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Official JK2 1.03 Patch Thread!