lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Official JK2 1.03 Patch Thread!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-12-2002, 02:42 PM   #521
ryudom

also, i don't use backstab much at all, and still kill newbies no problem. its soooo easy when they are walking backwards toward you attacking, haha, or flaling their sabers around like imbiciles.
ryudom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2002, 03:05 PM   #522
DDD8000

LOL get up, you must have moronic backstabbers attackin you, cause as you can see by the boards, once you are down, you are dead.

As for bein a n00b, just cause you bought THIS game on the first day and were on the boards for a while doesn't make you a pro.

If you had JK I and played it till JK II came out then I'd be less hesitant from callin ya newb.

With great power comes great responsibility
DDD8000 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2002, 04:13 PM   #523
Darth_Misery

Ghoul2 MP collision

For those of you out there who are into the skilled saber combat and sick of the backstab/swing cheese, I highly recommend that you check out servers who are running the Ghoul2 collision command variable.

Luckily, one of my favorite low-ping servers is now running this and it is making a difference with the backstab/backswing players. However, the Ghoul2 collision might turn those of you off who don't like the hyper auto-block because it does ramp up the collision detection and it does make the blocks a bit more intense.

The nice thing is that, in my opinion, this little command variable make the MP game a better one. No, it's not the "ultimate" fix and there are still things that need tweaking but it works (at least for me) for now.

The best way to experience this is on a "No Force" server or a server that's configured to only allow Jump. It's funny to see the backwards-walking goofs walk into a crowd only to have the cheese BLOCKED. With this variable on, the worse thing that can happen to you (if you're on your feet) when someone executes the backstab/swing is that you'll be knocked open for a second. No damage taken and no one-hit kill. This gives you enough time to reposition and take the cheesehead OUT! I haven't tried this out on a full Force server because I'm currently very happy just having max Jump and the saber.

I'll take what I can for now...........

Anyone else posting here enjoying the Ghoul2 MP collision?
Darth_Misery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2002, 04:36 PM   #524
DDD8000

Sounds interesting Misery, any particular servers you know of that are using it?

With great power comes great responsibility
DDD8000 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2002, 05:57 PM   #525
Bluezman

Misery is 100% right. Ghoul2 rocks. It is what the community is waiting for. Some people think that this is what Raven would have put in the 1.04 patch if LucasArts would have allowed them to release another patch. In so far it's quite nice that this topic made it to the "this is the official patch"-post

The only problem is finding a server. We really should spread the word. It is a huge challenge to make server admins enable this on the servers. It is way more difficult than it would be with an official patch.

In some other posts that popped up concerning this matter, people suggested to add a tag to the server name that appears in the servers list. According to the concerned vars the tag should be [GSD]. G for Ghoul2, S for SaberTraceSaberFirst and D for Dismemberment (only cosmetic). It could also be [G] or [GS] or [GD] depending on if all or only some of the vars are set.

The concerned vars are:

g_saberghoul2collision 1 >> G
g_sabertracesaberfirst 0 >> S
g_dismemberment 300 >> D (about this one I am not 100%sure)

All Vars are server side and have to be set by the server admin.

I happen to know a few servers that I collected:

**IIRockyMountain JKO1.3x [SG]NF Duel II
**Dueling (Ghoul-2)**No-Force, 3Arenas
198.49.215.90 (this is Jedi vs. Merc)

Note: These are servers that were posted on the forums to have enabled the Ghoul2 settings. There's no guarantee that these are up or still have these settings enabled. I don't know the Admins or anything so don't blame me...

I also heard that some servers require auto-download enabled so if you cannot connect, try that. Don't ask me why though cause all should be server side...

Keep posting about your experiences with Ghoul2 here and
SPREAD. THE. WORD!!!!
Bluezman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2002, 01:11 AM   #526
ryudom

i played with goul 2 before, but the blocking is crazy. i dunno if its bad or good, its crazy though. its too bad that they can't do the patch patch, it wouldn't take long, methinks

btw, i have jk1, and i did play it again for a while right before jk2 came out. also, the trick to avoiding the pull BS is side kicking the attacker
Old 06-17-2002, 02:00 AM   #527
edinflames

thats one trick to avoid it another is step back and smack em in the head with red or yellow finisher.

and in ghoul2 the blocking is only crazy if g_sabertracesaberfirst is set to 1 if it is set to 0 its finally realistic blocking.

STORMWIND
edinflames is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2002, 05:11 AM   #528
Chilenito

Chilenito is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2002, 03:50 PM   #529
Andy867
McCan Caoma

Some of my favorite servers that I know for fact that use Ghoul2/FirstSabersTrace are
**IIRockyMountain JKO1.3x [SG]NF Duel II**
and
**|| GATEWAY TO THE WEST JKO1.03x||**

Both them are run by very friendly, yet very competitive hosts. The Gateway one is down at the time due to a server upgrade. its being upgraded from my understanding to 1.5 mb download, 256 upload.. Was originally 768 kbs d/l, 128kbs u/l. and the people that are regulars there all say that the servers are ones they like the most, or praise the most, because the admins of the servers though friendly, do have server messages that say that excessive kicking/ass fighting will be grounds for banning. and they aren't kidding around. the Gateway host, who tends to use the Tyrion skin from Absath and BloodRiot, is a tough cookie. but he makes the server very enjoyable for everyone.. if someone is ruining it, he steps in immediately, and solves the problem. if the server is pinging badly, he fixes it. and the Rocky Mountain... No complaints here... Just praise. the admin is very nice, very easy to get along with, and very good at a duel. well, enough of me praising my favorite servers, but if you are looking for 2 servers that have ghoul 2 enabled, along with dismember and sabertracesfirst on, those are the two to go to.. and I just have to throw this out, they are constantly adding new skins, so don't worry, when a skin/model/map comes out, they are one of the first to grab it... well, this Andy867 out.
Andy867 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2002, 08:55 AM   #530
-[MotU]-Lyger|=-
The Greatest Title

how come there are so many different 1.03 patches?? ive seen like 7 someone tell me why

-=|Lyger|=-

I can't deny my heroic rutes.
-[MotU]-Lyger|=- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2002, 03:26 PM   #531
-[MotU]-Lyger|=-
The Greatest Title

well dont all start talking at once

-=|Lyger|=-

I can't deny my heroic rutes.
-[MotU]-Lyger|=- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2002, 09:32 PM   #532
ryudom

there is only one 1.03 patch, but there is differant settings like cg_blablabalh that people use. theres also the U104 mod. the 1.03a thing i'm not quite sure something to do with servers and sdk, whatever sdk means. so if you see like 1.03x or something its probly cause they have goul2 on and stuff
Old 06-29-2002, 03:50 AM   #533
Fade Out

Exclamation About Ghoul3...

About ghoul - it enables blocking for specials yes... but backstab is still as vicious as it always was, due to the bugs in all the backstabs. I don't like to exploit the bugs and don't want to post it all over the forums, so Im not going to. Anyways, all the ghoul setting does is raise your blocking, and does not render the backsab/swing useless or unusable. Its good for the noobies out there tho, since they get a chance to actually fight.

Anyways... is there anything out stating that there might be the possibility of a 1.04 patch?

Saber battles are fun and all, but I'd like to suggest some new Ideas to them. Like choices of actual fighting styles [ie. one handed, saber behind, saber overhead stance, and so on].

"You said that you could fight... was that it?"
- Jet Li
Fade Out is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2002, 07:17 PM   #534
DTWD

Whats the current patch version?

paul

Hello, it's just me.
DTWD is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2002, 04:03 AM   #535
Agen
The Spoon Guy

When they first brought out jk2 they decided to miss out 1.00 and 1.01 and jump onto 1.02
Agen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2002, 02:09 PM   #536
SAIK HUAT

Hi there.
I am frankly quite dissapointed in the 1.3 patch. No sorry, not dissapointed but disgusted. Floating down cliffs with the light stance forward lunge seems to be a vital tool for saving health these days and looks bloody ridiculous. Its the worst unfixed error in the 1.3 build of the game and allows forward lunging just before landing every jump. Forward lunge should only work if you are on the floor, not when your about to land from a jump. Also the spinning backstab bull crap was another error missed before the release of the 1.3 patch. Such obvious errors are being left out. I think playtesting a patch is important. You dont want to be making more patches just because you missed something out the last one. Back stab should stand still unable to move while executing the move.
When are we due for another patch because i dont want to be stuck with 1.3 much longer. Even the community are doing there bit to save the games disasters, why arnt the games/publishers doing their bit
SAIK HUAT is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2002, 03:00 AM   #537
Agen
The Spoon Guy

Lucas arts didn't pay them to test everything, it was like fix DFA and put in ghoul 2 for mp, quickly now, Raven won't release a patch if they don't get paid, and also don't have permission
Agen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2002, 06:40 AM   #538
Xenoeye

Quote:
Originally posted by ryudom
there is only one 1.03 patch, but there is differant settings like cg_blablabalh that people use. theres also the U104 mod. the 1.03a thing i'm not quite sure something to do with servers and sdk, whatever sdk means. so if you see like 1.03x or something its probly cause they have goul2 on and stuff
SDK is something to do with source code (sorry Im not sure what the abbreviation is either)

1.03 is the most recent client (your PC) patch to be released.
1.03a is the last dedicated server to be released.

When raven released the source code it was more up to date than the recent patches so people compiled it and released mods using the code in effect creating unofficial patches that still allow you to play on normal 1.03 servers.

u1.04 was one of these mods, it needs to be installed on your machine and the sever.

1.03a+ is the other one, it only needs to be on the server and it therefore my prefered version at the moment. It also nerfs kick and throw(dunno if that was needed)

both mods based on the source code fix bugs like lunge floating (lunge cannot be done mid air at all), cause backstab/swing to do less damage and make ghoul2 blocking the default.

I'd really like to see 1.03a+ become the norm, so all the server admins out there please use it

Hybr1d
Xenoeye is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2002, 05:13 PM   #539
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
FYI

SDK = Software Development Kit
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2002, 10:54 AM   #540
ryudom

^^^ what a smart guy
Old 07-11-2002, 11:15 AM   #541
ryudom

well this thread probably wont be needed in a couple hours
Old 07-12-2002, 06:01 AM   #542
digl
Reborn

I guess it's time to let this thread die...

Co-founder of the ABSL - Anti Batsaber League
digl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Official JK2 1.03 Patch Thread!