lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: JK2 Video!!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-10-2002, 01:34 PM   #1
TK_Nutritious

JK2 Video!!

Hey guys, below is a link to a video I've been working on for quite some time. It's mostly trick jumps and great shots. Hope you enjoy it.

http://209.79.25.235/AVI/Nutritious.avi

peace

edit: you have to right click link and do "save target as" if you want to actually download the movie

edit#2:if you're having trouble playing it make sure you have the DivX 5.02 "CODEC" to decode the AVI file.

Here's the link direct from http://www.divx.com:

http://download.divx.com/divx/DivX502Bundle.exe

Last edited by TK_Nutritious; 09-10-2002 at 05:50 PM.
TK_Nutritious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-10-2002, 03:21 PM   #2
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
wow, dude, i have to say that is one of the cooler videos i have seen. how many hours of footage did you take to get that 3:30? j/k keep making them....

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-10-2002, 03:33 PM   #3
<|DLS|>Darth Fett

Woaaaa such a big file!!! 82 megs!!! thats how big some games are(well at least demos!) Havent seen it yet butt 82meg how can u go wrong!!!! At least its not gonna take too long<fast server> ill reply l8r when i see it

http://webpages.charter.net/LDraganus/DarthFettsig.jpg

Come to the <|DLS|> website and look around.
http://www.darklegionofthesith.tk
btw we rule, and we will own u!
<|DLS|>Darth Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-10-2002, 03:52 PM   #4
<|DLS|>Darth Fett

HOLY ****ING **** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was ****in awsome!(excuse my profanity but i jus have too) That was the best vid by far man. Good ****ing job! seriously! u rock man! Killin al those people like that! U got skilz one shot to them all and DEAD! I loved when it froze and inverted the colours right befoe every kill, THAT WAS AWSOME! That mustof toke a long time to make. Great music with it and it went along soo well! Great job!

MAKE MORE PLZ!

Old 09-10-2002, 05:38 PM   #5
TK_Nutritious

thanks for the encouragement man, I really appreciate it

it's taken me about a month to record all the demos and edit it into the video. it takes a lot of work to get it coordinated with the music (whether you noticed that it was or not )

glad you liked it
Old 09-10-2002, 05:53 PM   #6
zerowingzero

I just started makeing a few videos (2) a few days ago, and it gets hard to co-ordinate multiple demos, much less doing it to music, it'l be awhile before i turn out anything amazing, just the fact i turned out anything is good enough for me actually.

Another thing is i like a long movie (like yours) but the size will eventually bother those without cable or dsl. Also, i have no idea where to host such a huge monster, much less one as big as yours!

Great stuff btw.
zerowingzero is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-10-2002, 06:05 PM   #7
TK_Nutritious

Zero if you have any questions or need any help with video editing and stuff, you can e-me at TK_Nutritious@hotmail.com.

edit: that's TK_Nutritious since the underline cuts it off
Old 09-10-2002, 06:27 PM   #8
zerowingzero

Heh thanks for the offer but i gonna see how far i can take myself right now.
I've got some idea's not make a good me vs Atrifex video, all i need now is to take some demos and a whole lot of time to waste

Man i wish any regular pub ctf player is half as good as the average competitive player, JO ctf rocks if you have the right people
Old 09-10-2002, 07:31 PM   #9
TK_Nutritious

cool man, good luck with them
Old 09-10-2002, 08:05 PM   #10
<|DLS|>Darth Fett

Quote:
Originally posted by TK_Nutritious
Zero if you have any questions or need any help with video editing and stuff, you can e-me at TK_Nutritious@hotmail.com.

edit: that's TK_Nutritious since the underline cuts it off
Heres a question, how do u get started and what programs do i need? And yes i did notice that the music went along with it!

Old 09-10-2002, 09:18 PM   #11
TK_Nutritious

don't have time right now to go in depth but here are the basics:

after you've gotten the demo (I'm assuming you know how to record them) you open jkii, type in console: /cl_avidemo 20 - 20 being the frames per second you want to export to jpg files, the higher the number the more smooth the video, but also the more frames you ahve to deal with and memory usage. (you can turn it off by typing: /cl_avidemo 0)

after you got that set, go to play demo and play the demo you want to turn in .jpg files, it'll play through your demo slowly, really choppy like

once that's finished you can close jkii, if you go to base folder and screenshots, you'll see lots and lots of jpg files, each one a frame from your demo. the video program I use requires .bmp files so I had to convert all the jpg's to bmps. once that's done you run your avi program, choose any song you want with it, and the folder your frames are in

now there's a lot more that goes into this, you gotta be careful about exporting shots if you have saved screenshots already. they could get lost in the jumble of your frames so you may want to move them elsewhere. also if you want to do any editing what I did is just delete the frames that I didn't want so it'd just show the part that I wanted in my video.

if you want to put multiple demos in the same video you'll need to repeat the process and put all the frames in the same folder

that's pretty much the basics, gimme a reply on what you'd like to know specifically and I'll try and explain it much more in depth later

peace
Old 09-11-2002, 05:54 AM   #12
L3onheart

Nice video don't get me wrong but... guns? Bah, If I wanted a gun video I'd download one from Q3A. JK2 is for saber combat
L3onheart is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-11-2002, 11:03 AM   #13
TK_Nutritious

try winning a ctf match without guns against decent players, saber in ctf is worthless, no point in even pulling it out

heh, also, can't really do these kinda shots w/a saber
Old 09-11-2002, 12:15 PM   #14
acdcfanbill

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
those shots also require a really low ping

Old 09-11-2002, 01:43 PM   #15
Luc Solar
PH34R TEH INSANE JAWA!!!

"Skill knows no ping"

Got Honourz? Great.. I hope you choke on it!

I r0xx0r all j00 nooberz that mess with me. You nooberz suXor out of my way or I eat j00....

Most ridiculous Quote of the century: >)O(< ENmiTy: promoting mindless FFA and SD kills promotes disorderly conduct amoung the online community.
Luc Solar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-11-2002, 03:17 PM   #16
<|DLS|>Darth Fett

Quote:
Originally posted by L3onheart
Nice video don't get me wrong but... guns? Bah, If I wanted a gun video I'd download one from Q3A. JK2 is for saber combat
Man! ur right about that there should of been some sabers in it but, LETS SEE U TRY DOIN THAT **** WITH ONLY GUNS!
Oh and thnx for tellin me how to do that. Im gonna get started on my own. but ca u use this in singleplayer??? And how do i change a file from .jpg .bmp! Ive tried this before on sumthin else and couldn't figure it out ! Cant wait till im done with mine! Ull be one of the first people to see it................ Thats if i even get started !

Old 09-11-2002, 05:51 PM   #17
TK_Nutritious

as far as converting .jpg's to .bmp's there are many programs that you can get to do this. one I've found that works well is called ACDSee.

I haven't tried it but I'd bet you could record demos on single player mode. maybe if you can get a stormtrooper to do something weird, or something along those lines
Old 09-11-2002, 08:19 PM   #18
acdcfanbill

AC/D"See" huh? must be a cool and very good program... :P

Old 09-11-2002, 08:33 PM   #19
TK_Nutritious

lol I can see why you'd like it
Old 09-12-2002, 06:57 AM   #20
padame

Thumbs up Movie

Hey bud,

that movie rules, but I got 3 words for you lol "Play" "to" "much"

hehe but that was a great movie!

-[OoS]Padame
padame is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2002, 03:29 PM   #21
GE Predator

I dunno..... I think it would be totally unbelievably trillions of times better if you had a framerate higher then 4 FPS. It was like watching a slide show. Cool stunts, but daaaaaamn man, whatchu running JO on?
GE Predator is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2002, 03:33 PM   #22
zerowingzero

LMAO!! first off, if you actually looked at the vid, it is oviously higher than 4 fps, second, he must have a frigin kick ass pc because when i made demo's i went to 1 fps, and third, the demo making process slows your pc down because you are making x amount of frames per second (20 in my case) and to write them all takes resources.

Really enformed are you
Old 09-12-2002, 03:44 PM   #23
TK_Nutritious

yeah, 4 fps isn't the frame rate of the footage, that's actually at 20fps

during games I get 30-40, the 4fps you see there is how fast my computer converted each frame to .jpg format, it has nothing to do with how fast or smooth the video plays

(if it's looking like a slide show to you theres something wrong with YOUR computer )
Old 09-12-2002, 10:34 PM   #24
Deetox187

Cool video, your skills are impressive but i bet you couldn't do half that stuff if you used the default FOV.. especially the jumps, they are way easier to do with a high FOV like that.
Deetox187 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2002, 10:43 PM   #25
TK_Nutritious

umm is that a bad thing? I mean I used default for most of my jk2 career but found myself at a disadvantage from low view, do you consider it cheating or something?
Old 09-12-2002, 10:53 PM   #26
pik-ard

i would like to say, that i found your skill with the guns very impressive can you do another video of mainly saber combat? pleeeaseeee
pik-ard is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-13-2002, 12:25 AM   #27
Deetox187

Quote:
umm is that a bad thing? I mean I used default for most of my jk2 career but found myself at a disadvantage from low view, do you consider it cheating or something?
Well in a lot of ways it is a bad thing, i'm not gonna call it cheating but people that use a high FOV definetly have a huge advantage over someone that uses default. I can't say i blame you for using it, i know lots of people do.. but in my opinion the game was meant to be played at FOV 80 not 120.
Old 09-13-2002, 02:21 AM   #28
Aoshi

lolz you're one of the guys that complain about /kill too eh? =(. and you guys are right nut plays way too much =P. nut you really are the god of midair shots though. i can only pull it off with a rocket launcher or a bryar. you should pistol fight staind sometime. he has pretty impressive aim too.

I will be the strongest
~Shinomori Aoshi
Aoshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-13-2002, 02:54 AM   #29
Deetox187

No i don't complain about /kill or anything else.. i don't really care how other people chose to play.. but i am entitled to an opinion.
Old 09-13-2002, 03:01 AM   #30
Absurd

Nice video.

I notice you use the rocket launcher and strong weapons so often, why not just play something Q3 Threewave CTF?

Capture Strike for Q3 is amazing:

http://www.threewave.com/

I think you'll find it a much better game.

I used to be an atheist, until I realized that John Carmack is god, and Quake 3 is heaven.

Last edited by Absurd; 09-13-2002 at 04:03 AM.
Absurd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-13-2002, 11:16 AM   #31
TK_Nutritious

movie with saber combat? I'll be the first to point out that I'm horrible with sabers, but even so, what kinda stuff would you want to see in it? I mean there's only so much you can do that's cool in saber fights.

Aoshi I have pistol fought stained a few times in matches, he's freakin good

absurd, what game do you think I came from before playing jk2?
Old 09-13-2002, 11:59 AM   #32
Deetox187

Well you can put dismemberment on, saber fights always look better when body parts are flying.
Old 09-13-2002, 12:21 PM   #33
TK_Nutritious

heh, I guess I could do that, hmmmmmm

might try it out with some effects and see how it looks
Old 09-13-2002, 01:43 PM   #34
GE Predator

Quote:
yeah, 4 fps isn't the frame rate of the footage, that's actually at 20fps

during games I get 30-40, the 4fps you see there is how fast my computer converted each frame to .jpg format, it has nothing to do with how fast or smooth the video plays

(if it's looking like a slide show to you theres something wrong with YOUR computer )
AGH!! *kicks media player*

But seriously, it does play really really really really slow, and I have no idea why. In JO my fps never goes past 90 for some reason even though I have a GeForce 3 Ti 200.

Gonna try re downloading it
GE Predator is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-13-2002, 03:26 PM   #35
pik-ard

well if your not the greatest, then get other people to submit their demos to you.
Old 09-13-2002, 06:18 PM   #36
TK_Nutritious

the reason you only get up to 90 fps is because that is the cap set on the quake engine, there's a console command to raise the cap higher but I can't remember it off the top of my head. you're actually getting more frames then that, it's just the meter doesn't go that high
Old 09-14-2002, 12:20 AM   #37
pik-ard

i have 2 questions about your video:

1) when you shot the guy down the long hall, how the h*** did you do that? it seemed as if you knew exactly when he would appear, and i didnt catch any little yellow figure behind the wall, indicating you were using force sight. how did you do that?!

2) right after the above action, you jumped and wall climbed up a wall to get onto the walkimg platform, well as you were wall climbing, a small figure appears way up high in the sky, is that another person? and if so, how did they get so high?
Old 09-14-2002, 12:24 AM   #38
Jedi Spy
Banned

Oh man i love things like that im really sad i cant download it. We made a whole trailer style movie for our quake2 clan a few years ago and it was really cool i will see it soon when i get broadband
Jedi Spy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2002, 12:27 AM   #39
pik-ard

you by any chance still have that Q2 clan trailer?
Old 09-14-2002, 01:25 AM   #40
Jedi Spy
Banned

yes i believe i do......you need like geekplayer to run it and ofc q2....its in demo format? u have these?
Jedi Spy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > JK2 Video!!